McCoist on Talksport this morning. (GSTQ)

That’s just wrong though.
It’s just not for us all.
If you feel like that, as in proud of both, fair enough.
Some of us don’t.
That should be acceptable for even those hard of thinking people you allude to.
It’s not an opinion it’s a fact. Some of us should have a good hard look at how we are treated as a club and a support. Hard of seeing is possibly more apt.

It’s not an opinion it’s a fact. Some of us should have a good hard look at how we are treated as a club and a support. Hard of seeing is possibly more apt.
Sorry, but I don’t understand your post.
What is a fact?
What does how we’re treated contribute you how we feel?
Are you suggesting we’re correct to have little pride or affinity with Scotland due to this or that we should use said pride to fight back?
What am I/ what are we not seeing?

Never been more correct in your puff.
My distaste for Scotland/Scottish goes beyond football.
I absolutely loathe our new culture, what we’ve become and post 104 on here gives me the evidence that I’m correct.
Even a positive message gets treated with disdain.
However, getting into bed with a group of people who have actively supported the murder (is there another word I should be using? Like sacrificing?) of innocent men, women and children of all faiths and none, including, generally speaking, their own, is acceptable and positive.

Sorry, but I don’t understand your post.
What is a fact?
What does how we’re treated contribute you how we feel?
Are you suggesting we’re correct to have little pride or affinity with Scotland due to this or that we should use said pride to fight back?
What am I/ what are we not seeing?
My point was wether YOU like it or not we are Scottish and British. It doesn’t have to be one or the other. Be proud of both. But being perceived as a ginger wig wearing anti all things English drunken idiot isn’t my idea of being a proud Scot. And yes we should fight back and reclaim our own country and it’s value in a peaceful United Kingdom. Am I wrong?

There's no confusion. If proud Scotsmen want Scotland to get beat then that's up to them.:D
You sound like an angry wee Nat. (Im betting that you are under 5ft tall). So being a proud Scotsman is football centric.....have i got you there??

Im a proud Scot however whilst watching the snooker I was vying for the Welsh fella (Jones) over the Scot (Higgins). Am i any less a proud Scot or does the proud thing, as I say, cover football/team sport only?

Pleased to meet you. I'm filing you with the Mhanks who want Scotland to get beat when they play the Republic of Ireland.

"Im filing you"....hahaha ffs. You file away. In yer Aunty's basement.

GSTQ is a shite national anthem, so is Flower of Scotland.

Ally McCoist is a great man, and I support him in any form of singing he wants.

My point was wether YOU like it or not we are Scottish and British. It doesn’t have to be one or the other. Be proud of both. But being perceived as a ginger wig wearing anti all things English drunken idiot isn’t my idea of being a proud Scot. And yes we should fight back and reclaim our own country and it’s value in a peaceful United Kingdom. Am I wrong?
I’m not going to say wrong but that doesn’t mean you’re correct or that I agree with you.
Yes, I am Scottish but hold a British passport which, to me, makes me British first.
I have no desire to be proud of Scotland and post 104 explains why.
I do a lot of work in England and I’ve seldom experienced the perception you describe.
Moaners and whingers definitely.
Anti English, okay I’ll give you that one.
Most actually sympathise with me, asking what happened “up there”.
Reclaim? Yes, undoubtedly, but, I don’t think enough see it that way.
I honestly believe only the nationalists winning with how our (my?) side see the economy going thus proving “yes” wasn’t a good idea, will unify the country again.
Of course, by this time it’ll be too late.

Last edited:
I’m not going to say wrong but that doesn’t mean you’re correct or that I agree with you.
Yes, I am Scottish but hold a British passport which, to me, makes me British first.
I do a lot of work in England and I’ve seldom experienced the perception you describe.
Reclaim? Yes, undoubtedly, but, I don’t think enough see it that wa.
I honestly believe only the nationalists winning with how our (my?) side see the economy going thus proving “yes” wasn’t a good idea, will unify the country again.

Surely that reasoning could be attached to any country and the history they hold.

I'm Proudly British, but I'm not proud of some of the previous actions of Britain.

Reclaim? Yes, undoubtedly, but, I don’t think enough see it that wa.
I think we probably agree and I might have misread your original point.

Surely that reasoning could be attached to any country and the history they hold.

I'm Proudly British, but I'm not proud of some of the previous actions of Britain.
How far back are you going?
Post 104 contains headlines from around five years ago.
If you’re thinking of colonial Britain, the slave trade, and stuff like that, I’d rather not engage with you.

How far back are you going?
Post 104 contains headlines from around five years ago.
If you’re thinking of colonial Britain, the slave trade, and stuff like that, I’d rather not engage with you.

Not looking for an argument, so that's fair enough.

I was looking at the more recent history.

You sound like an angry wee Nat. (Im betting that you are under 5ft tall). So being a proud Scotsman is football centric.....have i got you there??

Im a proud Scot however whilst watching the snooker I was vying for the Welsh fella (Jones) over the Scot (Higgins). Am i any less a proud Scot or does the proud thing, as I say, cover football/team sport only?

"Im filing you"....hahaha ffs. You file away. In yer Aunty's basement.
Aye, mate. I'm a nat because I want Scotland to win a game of football. :rolleyes:

I really wish I was as staunch as you though.:(

Just because you don’t like his political standpoint does not make him a lesser fan than you. As for being a fan of Celtic you have no idea.
His political standpoint means bad news for Rangers and the protestant community.

I can go into detail but not had my morning coffee.

He can hate the tims all he wants, then votes beside them when the time comes.

Actually embarrassing if I do say

Super Ally ..one of the reasons I haven't seen Scotland play at hamdump was the booing of our national anthem in a game v N.Ireland ..jacobite bastards
I once overheard a discussion between two of the tranny army who were trying to decide whether to boo or turn their backs in the Liechtenstein national anthem as it has the same tune as GSTQ. Creeps !!

As I have said elsewhere I don’t have a position in this. But this Protestant stuff needs to end, a very large proportion of our fans have no religion.
Rangers are traditionally a Protestant, Unionist club and always will be. Anything else you'd like to abandon? Our blue shirts, maybe?

Look I’m many miles away, but I know things have changed. I agree that the majority would describe themselves as Protestant, but nowhere near the numbers of 40, 30, 20 years ago.

I honestly can't see the majority declaring themselves as Protestant anymore.

Rangers are traditionally a Protestant, Unionist club and always will be. Anything else you'd like to abandon? Our blue shirts, maybe?
I’ve long wondered how you could be a pro snp Rangers fan & the answer to your question scratches the surface.

They don’t care for our heritage, something the club is proud of(see the changing room or our most famous no 9s comments yesterday amongst endless other examples) & we’re proud of. Yet these nats tell us what does & ‘doesn’t matter anymore’. Can sniff them out and their attempts to diminish our identity a mile away.

On those forms where you need to fill in your ethnicity, if there’s no option for white British, I’ll tick ‘other’ rather than Scottish. Just to mess their stats up

I suppose Canada Bear was a clue
F.ucking hell B-D

But there’s a Nat for you, all misty eyed thousands of miles away where you don’t see , hear or experience everyday life in snp Scotland and it won’t affect your day to day living

Covid positive old folk ? Stick them in a care home

Need a new fleet of ferries ? Partially Build two and bankrupt the yard

Want to assert more control ? Destroy 8 police forces and create one shambolic state controlled mess

Scottish education slipping down the rankings? Remove ourselves from the league tables

Cop26 at Glasgow ? Let’s pretend we didn’t base 2014 on oil

Sex pests in the party ? Just lie about it , no one cares

40 hours wait on an ambulance ? Tell the population not to phone one

Highest drug deaths in Europe ? Pretend we didn’t slash the budget by £15 million

In fact just blame the tories / Westminster / England , people lap that up

I always respond “British” to any question about my nationality.

But it doesn’t stop me also feeling very proud of being Scottish.

It’s clearly beyond the intellectual grasp of your average Tim, to get their heads round that particular brain teaser, though :))

Probably after seeing Boydy speaking his mind the past few seasons on sky sports. Good to see. B-D
It certainly is good to see. I was fed up with Mutton, Fartson, Walker et al spouting off and saying what they wanted to about us. It great to see our ex players standing up for our team

That’s because he was banned due to complaints from some Tory/unionists on here. Some just cannot go another viewpoint, sad.
Can you get banned because other posters don't like your views?
I thought you had to breach the forums rules?
Surely admin didn't ban him for being a Nat?
By the way, you can be a Unionist without being a Tory.
Indeed you can be a Unionist and be totally non political.

F.ucking hell B-D

But there’s a Nat for you, all misty eyed thousands of miles away where you don’t see , hear or experience everyday life in snp Scotland and it won’t affect your day to day living

Covid positive old folk ? Stick them in a care home

Need a new fleet of ferries ? Partially Build two and bankrupt the yard

Want to assert more control ? Destroy 8 police forces and create one shambolic state controlled mess

Scottish education slipping down the rankings? Remove ourselves from the league tables

Cop26 at Glasgow ? Let’s pretend we didn’t base 2014 on oil

Sex pests in the party ? Just lie about it , no one cares

40 hours wait on an ambulance ? Tell the population not to phone one

Highest drug deaths in Europe ? Pretend we didn’t slash the budget by £15 million

In fact just blame the tories / Westminster / England , people lap that up
Should be a sticky, and the standard reply to misty eyed expatriates who type messages from thousands of miles away.

Back