McCoist to Gerrard - "Do you have any idea the impact that you have had on every Rangers supporter ?"

SDF

He's correct. None of this today is achieved without that man at the helm.

Never forget where we were when this man arrived. Watching a immature man child flubbing his months long painful to watch audition to be the long term Rangers manager. Losing 4 and 5 to Celtic. Losing at home to Hamilton and St Johnstone. Conceding 5 goals to Hibs. Finishing third. Absolutely no hope on the horizon. Laughed at by the usual faces. A team terrified of Celtic. Barely any sellable assets to cash in and rebuild with.

Then he arrived and everything changed. Slowly he rebuilt the foundations and began to give us our hope, dignity and pride back. European group stage qualification was achieved against the odds. Scalps, big scalps, were taken. Celtic were overcame with a superhuman effort by a bunch of half fit players to show we could beat them. There were bumps in the road but the trajectory was always upwards.

And then this season. The season the Tims dreamed their whole lives about. This was their destiny. This was their title. Nothing was going to stop them. Instead Gerrard began chalking up points and panic set in. He then ran them off their premises one by one - The manager, the head of recruitment, the CEO and finally their loud mouth captain, a man who bossed Scottish football for years resorting to grassing Rangers officials to Keith Jackson by the end as his humiliation was complete. A flat track bully put back in his box. All thanks to this guy.

Everything we achieved today stems from his relentless pursuit of perfection. He leads, the players follow.

This is the greatest title of my life. He is this generation's Souness. Enjoy your day bears. We deserve this. All of us.

Never forget where we were when this man arrived. Watching a immature man child flubbing his months long painful to watch audition to be the long term Rangers manager. Losing 4 and 5 to Celtic. Losing at home to Hamilton and St Johnstone. Conceding 5 goals to Hibs. Finishing third. Absolutely no hope on the horizon. Laughed at by the usual faces. A team terrified of Celtic. Barely any sellable assets to cash in and rebuild with.

Then he arrived and everything changed. Slowly he rebuilt the foundations and began to give us our hope, dignity and pride back. European group stage qualification was achieved against the odds. Scalps, big scalps, were taken. Celtic were overcame with a superhuman effort by a bunch of half fit players to show we could beat them. There were bumps in the road but the trajectory was always upwards.

And then this season. The season the Tims dreamed their whole lives about. This was their destiny. This was their title. Nothing was going to stop them. Instead Gerrard began chalking up points and panic set in. He then ran them off their premises one by one - The manager, the head of recruitment, the CEO and finally their loud mouth captain, a man who bossed Scottish football for years resorting to grassing Rangers officials to Keith Jackson by the end as his humiliation was complete. A flat track bully put back in his box. All thanks to this guy.

Everything we achieved today stems from his relentless pursuit of perfection. He leads, the players follow.

This is the greatest title of my life. He is this generation's Souness. Enjoy your day bears. We deserve this. All of us.

great post. When he came, people said what about John Barnes. Said it at the time, Gerrard will be more Souness than Barnes.

He has that aura (awe roon him), of a winner that is always striving to improve.

He hates to lose, and he installed that in his team.

Was a bit nervous about his inexperience but excited when he was appointed, I need not have worried.
We made improvements every year which finally brought us to where we should be today as champions again.
Fecking brilliant Stevie G, long may it continue.

The main point there was we were scared of celtic. That is 100% the truth. We needed a winner. We got it. We'll done to everyone involved in bringing gerrard to the club

great post. When he came, people said what about John Barnes. Said it at the time, Gerrard will be more Souness than Barnes.

He has that aura (awe roon him), of a winner that is always striving to improve.

He hates to lose, and he installed that in his team.

He has "it" and it is what others of his generation of young British high profile players turned managers - Giggs, Lampard, Campbell et al lack. It's hard to put into words. A steeliness, a gravitas. The guy is a born leader and winner.

When McInnes turned us down, my disappointment lasted seconds. I could see why we were considering him (best of a bad lot, ex Ranger) but he was a completely uninspired choice.

Gerrard however, despite his lack of experience, it was such a bold and exciting move, it instantly brought back memories of the Souness appointment.

It took a while longer for Gerrard to make the same impact, but we got there eventually and he’s only just getting warmed up IMO.

The gaffers train has arrived at the station on time with millions off grateful passengers,choo choo the Gerrard express.

That sir, is a top top post

We dodged the biggest bullet with McInnes. We have got another magnificent basterd at the helm. And he knows what it means to be a bear.

I can't put it into words how good a job the guy has done for us. The biggest compliment I can give him is that he's given me MY Rangers back.

Gerrard definitely understands us and get's it but I think he might even be shocked by how much 55 will put him on a pedestal.

He has "it" and it is what others of his generation of young British high profile players turned managers - Giggs, Lampard, Campbell et al lack. It's hard to put into words. A steeliness, a gravitas. The guy is a born leader and winner.

You cant quantify that, Smith has it,Souness as well. I said on another post about Sandy Jardine, leaders dont need to shout and scream, they lead. Thats what Gerrard has done.

Video of Gerrard's interview is on the Sky Sports app for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Not on the website or the Sky Sports YouTube yet.

E1b01o5WUAItaHs

Fantastic post that has brought tears to my eyes.

well, right from the first day Mr Gerrard was unveilled as our new manager i had complete and utter faith in him to deliver , and he certainly has done
it's been a few ups and downs but his steeley determination and a few good transfer windows has finally brought us back to our rightful place where we belong
never once have i doubted Steven Gerrard on this forum, he took over a Rangers team in disarray and was always going to take time and patience
the backing of the Rangers Board has been immense
Raise a glass to each and everyone of them 55 Champions

He is bigger than Souness. That’s not to underestimate or undervalue GS.

I knew we would get here. I’m excited at where we could be going next.

well, right from the first day Mr Gerrard was unveilled as our new manager i had complete and utter faith in him to deliver , and he certainly has done
it's been a few ups and downs but his steeley determination and a few good transfer windows has finally brought us back to our rightful place where we belong
never once have i doubted Steven Gerrard on this forum, he took over a Rangers team in disarray and was always going to take time and patience
the backing of the Rangers Board has been immense
Raise a glass to each and everyone of them 55 Champions
That " Let's go" comment was the spark that brought our club to life again. I knew then we had someone in place who had the confidence and attitude needed to get us back to the top. He will go down in Rangers' history as someone who took the club from the dark times into a modern, forward looking club, whilst instilling a winning attitude and ethos.

That " Let's go" comment was the spark that brought our club to life again. I knew then we had someone in place who had the confidence and attitude needed to get us back to the top. He will go down in Rangers' history as someone who took the club from the dark times into a modern, forward looking club, whilst instilling a winning attitude and ethos.
i totally agree mate, The "Let's Go " statement really nailed it for me, Steven Gerrard has totally revitalised our club, the man is a born winner and was always going to succeed

He didn't just change the team in a huge way, he hauled our club right back to where is was (possibly beyond) from top to bottom. Yes he had support from the board, great support, and some foundations had been laid before he arrived. But the whole set-up was still nowhere near what our club needs and stands for - professional, elite, leading, class, all the words we associate with our club for good reason. He demanded it, he demanded more of everyone around it, and he took us back to the top off the pitch before taking us there on it. A remarkable impact for one man.

i totally agree mate, The "Let's Go " statement really nailed it for me, Steven Gerrard has totally revitalised our club, the man is a born winner and was always going to succeed
You could see his excitement when he was walking in front of the Enclosure when he was being introduced to the fans. That clenched fist and "Yeeesssss!" from him summed him up.

You could see his excitement when he was walking in front of the Enclosure when he was being introduced to the fans. That clenched fist and "Yeeesssss!" from him summed him up.
Aye but remember that famous and thoughtful sports writer/pished cords cùnt Spiers could see he was quietly terrified!
Complete professional and winner mentality as a player, and his experience and approach to the game ensured he will succeed in what he sets out to do. He is passing the mentality on to the team, and if you dont buy it you are gone, as we can't have anyone not wanting it.

He was tragic in his audition and it makes for an apt comparison and measure of where we’ve come from.
He was a panic appointment and should never have been put in the position he found himself in. He's a youth coach and, by all accounts, he's very good at that level but he should never have been left to fail as the manager. The biggest mistake that King made since he bought the club.

Thanks to him I'm home absolutely blootered still on a high, what a fantastic day and night, God bless the Rangers and anyone who has a connection to our fabulous club whether it be the directors, the management the players or the fans. We truly are the people. Goodnight and God bless.

Back