McGregor's penalty save vs Samaras

AyrshireRangers0508

Just a wee reminder of Shagger's big save against them, halting their title run and leading to us winning our 54th title at Killie in under 7 minutes. Two of my best memories as a Gers fan.

Interesting with the recent allocation changes how different the Broomland is now compared to this. There must have been a lot pressure from their fans at McGregor's back.

One of my fave moments as a Bear. I wen't round the entire lodge afterwards telling everyone 'THAT'S THE SAVE THAT WINS THE LEAGUE', not even sure if I believed it myself.

As an aside, you can see on his face how much Samaras was bricking it. This is at a time where the poet support were turning against him. I honestly believe Lennon forced him into taking any penalty they received (were gifted) that day.

Listen to Crocker and come back and tell me how much he loves the Tim’s.

Diouf almost scored in the last minute with a free kick in that game. That would have pandemonium if that went in.

Just a wee reminder of Shagger's big save against them, halting their title run and leading to us winning our 54th title at Killie in under 7 minutes. Two of my best memories as a Gers fan.

Interesting with the recent allocation changes how different the Broomland is now compared to this. There must have been a lot pressure from their fans at McGregor's back.

I remember exactly where I was that day.

Missed the game due to being on holiday and watched it with a load of other bears in Bar Del Bosque in Nerja

Unbeknown to us, one wee group of four mentally challengeds had sneaked in and sat quietly in the corner. When timmy thomson awarded the penalty, though, their cover was blown.

When shagger saved it the place erupted with bears leaping around everywhere and I accidentally fell right into their table and spilled all their drinks all over them. They left moments later, without any apology from any of us. LOL :D

Great save from shagger. Scum went into meltdown and we romped home to 54 after it. Great days and will happen again under Stevie G.

As big Marvin says Keep Believing!!!

As much as I love seeing the save itself, it’s another reminder of what an unbelievable cheating bastard Craig Thompson is.

Compare this to the penalty we should have got in the league cup final when Roger clearly fouls Jelavic , the Kant actually gives the pen then unbelievably changes his mind and books jelavic for diving

Compare this to the penalty we should have got in the league cup final when Roger clearly fouls Jelavic , the Kant actually gives the pen then unbelievably changes his mind and books jelavic for diving

There’s a lot of paranoia around refs on here, but there’s not a doubt in my mind he is a cheating cùnt who did everything he could to help his beloved poets. Sent Kevin Thomson off for a fair challenge in a cup final but didn’t see fit to red card Hesselink for a studs up chest high tackle on Amdy Faye (in that same game he awarded them a penalty for a foul on McDonald outside the box). Fucking cheat

Was up in the govan rear with my wee brother. Almost spewed on the spot when the pen was awarded. I couldn't even watch it had to turn my back on it being taken. Next minute my brother has me in a bear hug and the bears are going mental. What a save it was as it was actually quite a good penalty. Man love for shagget since that day.

I remember exactly where I was that day.

Missed the game due to being on holiday and watched it with a load of other bears in Bar Del Bosque in Nerja

Unbeknown to us, one wee group of four mentally challengeds had sneaked in and sat quietly in the corner. When timmy thomson awarded the penalty, though, their cover was blown.

When shagger saved it the place erupted with bears leaping around everywhere and I accidentally fell right into their table and spilled all their drinks all over them. They left moments later, without any apology from any of us. LOL
Love it :))

Was there that day, amazing moment despite Thompson’s %^*& up. The recreation with Weiss on the last day of the season was something to behold :D

Utterly scandalous decision from Thompson, 1 that could have cost us a league title, in a long line of horrendous decisions against us, this rankled the most.

He was a cheating, papish bastard

Never a penalty in the first place and the second Alan got the big tranny to move the ball back onto the spot it was always going to be a save

The only thing I enjoyed more than this was wee Weiss' recreation of it at Ibrox during the trophy parade.

One of my fave moments as a Bear. I wen't round the entire lodge afterwards telling everyone 'THAT'S THE SAVE THAT WINS THE LEAGUE', not even sure if I believed it myself.

As an aside, you can see on his face how much Samaras was bricking it. This is at a time where the poet support were turning against him. I honestly believe Lennon forced him into taking any penalty they received (were gifted) that day.

Remember coming back up the road after the game saying the same thing. I was convinced they would slip up as they thought they had it won. Never a penalty, and for Thomson- cheated pure and simple

Can anyone confirm or is my memory playing up? Was this game a union flag day as I seem to remember walking down PRW with my young 1 with handfuls of flags that we'd scooped up that had been left behind, afterwards?

I'm sure Stokes tried his luck with another dive after this and rightly got booked that time. 8 years ago and the officiating has only got worse

Crucial moment. Our form after that game was brilliant;

Motherwell 0-5 Rangers
Rangers 4-0 Hearts
Rangers 2-0 Dundee Utd
Kilmarnock 1-5 Rangers

Their arses collapsed away to Inverness 3-2
The Motherwell performance was something else, it was as if Smith took the shackles off the team - they just swept Motherwell away that day.

Back