Message from Dave King

“This is an inclusive and diverse club and we are close to announcing initiatives which will make Rangers even more special to so many more people.

Any idea what's this means?

Sorry but the cynicism has no basis. The survey was done by an independent English based organisation who hosted focus group meetings with key stakeholders interested in safe standing which excluded club officials to ensure impartiality.

Despite your own personal opinion there are many supporters in the Copland who don’t want their area to change - it would be irresponsible of the club to ignore them imo - unless there is significant changes I can’t see it being in the Copland
So does that mean it'll be the Broomloan Front then Greg? My only concern would be a significant increase in away allocations getting put into the safe standing section.

We'd have 60,000 season tickets sold if you add the waiting list. That would give us huge funds to work with.

Time for a large 3rd tier on the Govan and bring our capacity to 65,000.
If our capacity is almost 51,000 and we've sold just over 45,000 season tickets,then why do we have a waiting list ? Given you can take away say 2,000 seats for away fans and segregation,that would leave almost 4,000 seats without season tickets,so how can you have 14,000 on a waiting list if around 4,000 seats haven't been sold.

If our capacity is almost 51,000 and we've sold just over 45,000 season tickets,then why do we have a waiting list ? Given you can take away say 2,000 seats for away fans and segregation,that would leave almost 4,000 seats without season tickets,so how can you have 14,000 on a waiting list if around 4,000 seats haven't been sold.

It's mentioned in the article.

So does that mean it'll be the Broomloan Front then Greg? My only concern would be a significant increase in away allocations getting put into the safe standing section.

It's almost as if the board the want an option that is so bad anyone with a brain cell will reject it , which will lead the board to say "there was no demand."

It does have a basis . Given the steps the board have taken to stall any momentum this issue has built up .

Also just because an organisation is "independent" doesn't mean it can't be leant on.

We must be the only club in world football that is terrified of a rabble who have no legal standing . I know that when Crystal Palace and the other lot were implementing relocations and the implementation of Safe-Standing they got on with it and ignored the futile protests.
I have read your post a number of times to see if I have picked you up wrong here. I am amazed any Rangers supporter would call fellow Rangers supporters “a rabble”.

It's almost as if the board the want an option that is so bad anyone with a brain cell will reject it , which will lead the board to say "there was no demand."
I can see why the Broomloan would be easier as the club obviously don't want to deal with the folk in the Copland. You cannot call the Copland "The Rangers End" anymore unless safe standing an the UB were put there. The Broomloan Front has turned into the main area of Ibrox where people have intentionally moved there for the sole purpose of creating an atmosphere.

The problem is that bigger allocations could move into the safe standing section which would look horrendous and would be laughed at. I wonder if it's possibly in the Sandy Jardine East Corner although that has been used for sponsors. I remember the UB were at the back in front of the Ibrox Suite many moons ago.

On a side note everyone should be singing this.

Can't thank Dave King enough for what he has achieved in a short space of time behind the scenes to finally put our great club on a solid foundation that will bode us well for the future.
Let's be honest here, who in a million years would have thought we would have Steven Gerrard as our manager?
I can't wait for this season to begin and for the first time in years I can honestly say I'm genuinely excited as to what we can achieve under his leadership!

Sorry just re-read it. Its because we need to keep a certain amount of tickets available for general sale. I think that's what you were asking:p
Might sound a bit selfish and unfair but i'd rather all the seats were sold,seems a bit mad if there are thousands waiting and we have to keep thousands for public sale,fair enough if people can't afford the season ticket price,but getting finance into the club is our day to day business and the thousands who can't buy could be putting a very substantial amount of money into the club.

There might be less need to buy season tickets if we had a bigger stadium.
Possibly, however surely with such a big waiting list the club with proper marketing could procure these fans. These numbers are despite the lack of real success.

Might sound a bit selfish and unfair but i'd rather all the seats were sold,seems a bit mad if there are thousands waiting and we have to keep thousands for public sale,fair enough if people can't afford the season ticket price,but getting finance into the club is our day to day business and the thousands who can't buy could be putting a very substantial amount of money into the club.
I think the balance is right. Rangers should always give those people who might only be able to attend every so often the opportunity to do so. If all seats were sold as STs, some fans might drift away because they’d never be able to attend matches

Agreed but it means the entire stadium would be the same folk with no chance of different fans turning up for any game.

The current proposal is the Broomloan front. But we are due to discuss further. Club 1872 and the Union Bears are going to come back to the club and see where it takes us. It’s possible that if we decided to go for the whole Broomloan front it could lead to some away fans getting some safe standing spaces (which we wouldn’t need to operate as safe standing). But it’s fluid and for instance in Vienna we were in a safe standing section so not sure it’s the barrier that some fear. Also regarding the comment that away fans would damage it - away clubs would then pay for the damage and refit. Pretty standard in Scottish football.

Record ST sales actually make it harder. The club also aren’t looking at Safe Standing in the Copland - the Broomloan was identified as the preferred location in the fans survey by supporters.

Amen to that brother .

Should quieten a few down .

The current proposal is the Broomloan front. But we are due to discuss further. Club 1872 and the Union Bears are going to come back to the club and see where it takes us. It’s possible that if we decided to go for the whole Broomloan front it could lead to some away fans getting some safe standing spaces (which we wouldn’t need to operate as safe standing). But it’s fluid and for instance in Vienna we were in a safe standing section so not sure it’s the barrier that some fear. Also regarding the comment that away fans would damage it - away clubs would then pay for the damage and refit. Pretty standard in Scottish football.
Difference being in Vienna its a seperate standing section solely for away support.

Folks issue here would be away fans actually in our standing section & doing bears out of tickets in it.

But I’m past debating about this to be honest, just wish it would happen. Suspect I’ll be waiting a good few years for it.

That would probably be better, is the Sandy Jardine East Corner considered although is it not used for sponsors now? We could have at least two sections of full safe standing in the middle of the Broomloan Front similar to what Ajax did (although it seems to just be rails installed and the seats are the same) or just make it the full stand and lock the seats down for away fans? Hopefully it is a thing that will be done at the end of next season.
1487162251.jpg

It does have a basis . Given the steps the board have taken to stall any momentum this issue has built up .

Also just because an organisation is "independent" doesn't mean it can't be leant on.

We must be the only club in world football that is terrified of a rabble who have no legal standing . I know that when Crystal Palace and the other lot were implementing relocations and the implementation of Safe-Standing they got on with it and ignored the futile protests.

Sorry but your perspective on this is incorrect - I can say that objectively having been involved internally on discussions on the topic. The board aren’t sold on the idea fully but the issues they have concerns about have been discussed and I am hopeful we can make progress on it this year.

And the narrative that ST holders in the Copland should be ignored because the club can do as they wish betrays the relationship the club aims to have with the fans base. We are partners moving forward not merely customers who will be dictated to and have the option to take it or leave it. Many people in the Copland have had a ST in there for decades and that shouldn’t be ignored. That being said any decision is made in full knowledge of all the facts and in the best interest of the Rangers Family.

Those advocating for safe standing need to try and win hearts and minds of the wider support. There are barriers and if they are ignored the project could falter.

Agreed but it means the entire stadium would be the same folk with no chance of different fans turning up for any game.
The vast majority at Ibrox are the same fans who renew their season tickets every year.

I'd just like to see the attendance of every home game 50k+ hense why i said i was just sounding selfish,I'd up the season book availability to 47,000 because obvious demand is there for it and would still leave a few thousand for public sale.

Is there a public sale when the unwashed come to Ibrox ?

I have no idea of the ins and outs of this, but would be surprised if this was DK that negotiated any of them

I thought their hands were pretty much tied and they had no leverage because they were dealing with that ridiculous 7 year intent to end contract stipulation put in by Ashley's henchmen.

Dave King is, like all us, a proper bluenose. It’s a c@nt of a job but the guy’s doing great. Big respect to Mr. King. Getting us back!

Can't thank Dave King enough for what he has achieved in a short space of time behind the scenes to finally put our great club on a solid foundation that will bode us well for the future.
Let's be honest here, who in a million years would have thought we would have Steven Gerrard as our manager?
I can't wait for this season to begin and for the first time in years I can honestly say I'm genuinely excited as to what we can achieve under his leadership!

Yep I agree. Regardless of what anyone thinks of King, it's at least clear he wants to fill every role in our Club with the best professionals he can lay his hands on. Robertson and Allan have taken a pounding on here at times, but all of a sudden their strategies are starting to look the real deal.

Sorry but the cynicism has no basis. The survey was done by an independent English based organisation who hosted focus group meetings with key stakeholders interested in safe standing which excluded club officials to ensure impartiality.

Despite your own personal opinion there are many supporters in the Copland who don’t want their area to change - it would be irresponsible of the club to ignore them imo - unless there is significant changes I can’t see it being in the Copland
So if Rangers were to find £150m down the sofa and announced plans to knock down the Govan, Copland and Broomloan stands to build a state of the art new stadium for this parts these punters would be well within their right to tell the club to bolt? Absolute nonsense! Anything that would improve the atmosphere and match day experience at Ibrox ought to be being explored even if that does put a few bears' noses out of joint.

Reactions: MSF
So if Rangers were to find £150m down the sofa and announced plans to knock down the Govan, Copland and Broomloan stands to build a state of the art new stadium for this parts these punters would be well within their right to tell the club to bolt? Absolute nonsense! Anything that would improve the atmosphere and match day experience at Ibrox ought to be being explored even if that does put a few bears' noses out of joint.
That analogy doesn’t work though. Those ticket holders would still have their equivalent seat. When this all came up when the UB done their protest there were fans on Twitter and FF explaining that they have seats next to elderly relatives and have sat with their section for 20 odd years.

It’s as selfish for the supporters of safe standing who want to have an ultras like atmosphere to say they should move elsewhere in the stadium so that safe standing can go in.

It’s not my cup of tea for people to go to Ibrox for a bleather with people they’ve sat with but it’s their season ticket. You can’t just dismiss it out of hand.

If Rangers announced plans to knock the three stands down, it would be a similar situation when Ibrox was last re-developed. Rangers announced the redevelopment of the Rangers End, to memory, @ 1977 and those who stood there, including me and my pals, moved to another part of the ground. It would have been difficult in any case as the terracing had been bulldozed in time for John Greig’s first season as manager. There were no complaints then and there would be no complaints in the future.

I would think it would be more difficult to complete any future redevelopment of the three stands without Rangers moving from Ibrox for the duration. Back in the late 70’s, the average attendance and season ticket numbers were nothing like what is evident nowadays.

I'd like a combination of these 2 pics. Corners filled in but a 3rd tier on the Govan. Would be some atmosphere smashing the mentally challengeds and European teams.

PZZoGtd.png

Whoever writes these articles and manages the Twitter account needs to proofread them. It seems rushed.
Mate it's in all walks of life these days. My lawyer sent me a copy of a letter that's been dispatched to the law firm acting for the purchaser of my house, I found 3 spelling errors immediately. Not a wee shite tin pot firm or anything either.

Have to agree with you. It seems those advocating for safe standing have to win over those that dont want any change but there is no such pressure the other way.

Im in favour of safe standing. It gives fans more choice AND will generate a better atmosphere for the players and ALL fans.

Those against it are limiting the choice for others even though no one is forcing them to stand. The stadium will still be almost exclusively seated.

Dave King is what we need. A ruthless bastard who loves our club.
Asolutely, he's no smug know it all, in fact we've found out and he's admitted he didn't know football as well as maybe he'd have liked, but he's up for the fight and learning and improving.
We talk of players looking up to Gerrard, Tav and so on, the stubborn will to fix this club should be an inspiration to us all.

So if Rangers were to find £150m down the sofa and announced plans to knock down the Govan, Copland and Broomloan stands to build a state of the art new stadium for this parts these punters would be well within their right to tell the club to bolt? Absolute nonsense!

Now you’re just being ridiculous.

He could never have done it without the backing he received from supporters.
He is the man at the top but without the foundations he would fall.

I am a King supporter but I also have great admiration for ‘The People’.

100%. Dave & the 3 bears couldn’t have done it without another 300,000 bears support :D

That analogy doesn’t work though. Those ticket holders would still have their equivalent seat. When this all came up when the UB done their protest there were fans on Twitter and FF explaining that they have seats next to elderly relatives and have sat with their section for 20 odd years.

It’s as selfish for the supporters of safe standing who want to have an ultras like atmosphere to say they should move elsewhere in the stadium so that safe standing can go in.

It’s not my cup of tea for people to go to Ibrox for a bleather with people they’ve sat with but it’s their season ticket. You can’t just dismiss it out of hand.
Why can't they have safe standing in The Broomloan, very little fans having to move ?

Why can't they have safe standing in The Broomloan, very little fans having to move ?
I'm not necessarily saying they cant. I'd be all for it personally. But I think some posters are discounting what's involved for those season ticket holders who dont want to move. The loudest supporters of safe standing are people who want to stand there or wont be moved.

As I said, folks who get a buzz out of gabbing with the same faces rather than singing aren't my cup of tea but the club cant ignore them completely.

Back