Messi agrees to take pay cut to stay at Barca

Cant believe hes not wanting to try another league. Fair play for staying all this time (paid enough i guess) but would have loved to see him somewhere else.

I used to think Messi was the GOAT but now I actually think C. Ronaldo is. Hes proved he can basically play in any league where as Messi hasnt. Still an absolutely phenomenal player.

According to Talksport he is being offered a 10yr deal that allows him to play MLS, then return to Barca in a different capacity.( coach/manager?)
He is probably dropping to £500k a week for the next 10yrs!

Hi Man City? This is Lionel Messi’s dad/agent look he wants to leave Barca and you were the first team we thought of

MC: so how much does he want?

MD: well he currently earns about €8.1m a month so about £7m UKP

Click

hello? Hello? Haw Lionel want to stay at Barca son?

Reactions: krs
There’s loyalty then there’s just being daft. They’re pish and his career will fizzle out without ever getting near another CL as long as he’s playing with expensive flops under dud managers.

Would like to have seen him in the Premier league but if family are settled then why does he need to. Quite laughable the arguments that he needs to prove himself in another league especially the example of Ronaldo joining 7 in a row winners Juventus.

Is he seriously on 2m a week. Surley that's a month??

I thought all the top end players were around 500k a week genuinely had no idea he was on that if true.

The wage isn't obscene, the stupidity of the person paying it is whats obscene

Is he seriously on 2m a week. Surley that's a month??

I thought all the top end players were around 500k a week genuinely had no idea he was on that if true.

The wage isn't obscene, the stupidity of the person paying it is whats obscene
In total, not from Barca, that’s been over exaggerated by quite a way. That’s his total earnings including endorsements etc.

I recall last summer it was reported Barca pay him in the region of €900k a week. Still an obscene amount but less than half of the €2million quoted

So, what’s the deal with his contract then? Was he able to leave on a free this summer like he was claiming last year?

I genuinely thought he was City bound, especially as Pep signed that new deal when he looked scunnered with it all last season and then they decided not to renew Aguero’s deal.

Cries like f uck to leave then stays then takes a pay cut.Awfully kind of him:rolleyes:

Agree that it’s a ridiculous amount of money but don’t Barca make a profit on him still due to merchandise sales etc

According to Talksport he is being offered a 10yr deal that allows him to play MLS, then return to Barca in a different capacity.( coach/manager?)
He is probably dropping to £500k a week for the next 10yrs!
How on earth will he live,how will he manage on that,lol. I know it's a short career and all that,but that money is obscene,just for kicking a ball.

What a guy.
I have not seen him play in years. Is he still any good?

Greed us a terrible disease
For a player apparently on the decline he's still got 34 goals and 14 assists in 43 games.

Second for the "Golden Shoe" behind Lewandowski and clearly ahead of Ronaldo and Haaland, and more assists than any of them. I'd say he's not bad.

He'd absolutely piss any league in the world

Last edited:
Anyone wanting messi to leave Barcelona to sign for city isnt a real football fan. Glad he's staying.
Yeah because Barca, a state subsidised team with bloated finances, are the epitome of a working man's club.

He is the top player in spain no doubt, no one is worth that money. A real world class player though steps up to the international stage at tournaments and shines, argentina and messi just dont do they? Not a messi bashing post just my opinion.

I thought he would move on for 1 last pay day
If you are happy at home.
Have about a billion in the bank.
Do you up sticks with your family at nearly 40 for an extra couple of hundred million?

Frankly I'm surprised so many footballers do it.

Couple of years at Madrid or Barca?
Maybe, to write yourself into history somewhere.
But to go to PSG, China or the USA?
Fuck that.

If you are happy at home.
Have about a billion in the bank.
Do you up sticks with your family at nearly 40 for an extra couple of hundred million?

Frankly I'm surprised so many footballers do it.

Couple of years at Madrid or Barca?
Maybe, to write yourself into history somewhere.
But to go to PSG, China or the USA?
Fuck that.
When you put it like that I suppose not but you would have thought he would have like to have a crack at another top league to see if he can do it outside of Spain well maybe I would just like to see it :):p

*asks to leave* FF - ah greedy wee bastards just looking for even more money what a wee dick

*tries to use a clause in his contract that actually allows him to leave* FF - aye wee shitebag jumping ship because they’re shite now and he cannae hack it

*linked with City* FF - must be offering the wee dick more money, so much for loyalty

*rumours he’s staying at Barca AND taking a paycut* FF - awww how big of him to take a paycut, clearly scared to leave his comfort zone, he’s pure shiteing it man

Gotta love it, damned if he does damned if he doesn’t apparently. I think the only way he could win a few folk over is if he provides a written apology to our more sensitive fans apologising for an anti-futbol remark made 15 years ago, whilst agreeing to join Burnley to help them win the league and playing for free B-D

Back