Met Colin Stein Before The Game Yesterday

See them quite often walking round on matchdays, asked my son once if he knew who they were, hadn't a clue.

This is what used to piss me off.

A few years ago you actually had queues lining up to get photos with that prick Abdul Rafiq, when guys like Greig, Stein, wee Willie Henderson etc were walking by. Couldn’t believe my eyes.

Reactions: VGM
A Pakistani Rangers fan in the EDL. Held as some sort of hero in certain people’s eyes. I think he’s banned from all our matches too.
Thankfully I’ve never heard of this utter non entity!!

But yes some of the younger fans done have a clue about our older players, which is to expected I suppose, but it’s when kids don’t even know much about our 9IAR players from the 90s, that just makes me feel old!

But yes some of the younger fans done have a clue about our older players, which is to expected I suppose, but it’s when kids don’t even know much about our 9IAR players from the 90s, that just makes me feel old!
Thanks mate,you've just made me feel like a coffin dodger with what i was going to post
Here goes anyway. My first rangers game was 1969 and Colin Stein scored for rangers in a 1-1 draw with airdrie
Remember that day very well.

"The greatest player in the Rangers team"?

or "i ever seen"

The Colin Stein chant followed on from " We don't need Eusebio, Eusebio, Eusebio we don't need Eusebio cause we've got Colin Stein Oh".
The greatest centre I've ever seen was another add on I used too.:))

Last edited:
Colin Stein was my first idol and I had the great pleasure of being introduced to him a few years ago. My first words to him were' fwibbble gnuuhk aggga fwibbble" I was 58 for goodness sake!

A proper Rangers man on and off the park for 50 years now.

Legend and a gentleman.

often see that gents up in bar 72 now and again. Colin stein gave me and willie johnstone a run linlithgow then i got the train to Edinburgh.

8 yr old grandson had his photo taken with Colin Stein and Bud a couple of months ago., at the Broomloan. Wee man came home and got the ECW footage on You Tube. He's also had a photo with Willie Henderson, Gran keeps him right about who they are and what they achieved with our great club.

Saw them pass yesterday before the game. Talked glowingly about the two of them to my Grandson. Even gave him a few verses of Colin Colin Colin Stein and Wullie Johnston on the Wiiiing.

In 2015, my best mate, James, was dying and wanted to go to Ibrox for his final time. We went to the Hearts game, the one abandoned due to snow, and treated him to hospitality in the Argyle Suite.

Colin and Willie were fantastic. They sat with him for photos and chatted to him although he couldn't communicate with them. Although the game was a disaster, going to Ibrox and meeting two of his heroes really perked him up. Unfortunately, James died a week later but I will always treasure the photos.

My pal is 27, has a season ticket and has asked me :

1. Who we knocked out of the UEFA Cup semis in 2008. He has "no memory" of watching it.

2. Who we beat in Barcelona in 1972

Some people are wired to the moon.

We don't need McNeill or Hay
Fek the pope and the ira
We've got John Greig, Colin Stein
And Her Majesty, The Queen
Na-na Na- na Na-na-na

Just coming on to print that, don't need to now.

Here is the final verse, after all the na - na's.

We are the Glasgow RANGERS.

Back