Metro: "Gerrard wants Kent!"

CUW9cfxXAAERvpv.jpg

" Calm down lad, calm down "

#notscouse

What ever happens a lot will depend on the reaction from our players when the new manager walks into the dressing room. Admiration, respect and an eagerness to play for the new manager is absolutely essential for the whole group to go forward.

Sad truth is we need to sell a Ryan Kent every year or 2 to balance the books. For me the likes of this is inevitable and we just need to suck it up, qualifying for the Champions will not be happening every season to bail us out.

I’d love to say %^*& off Steven, but if he comes in with £25M for him, we’re not really in a position to say no to that.

Kris commons is becoming the go to ex celtic player for rangers related stories.

Now in the Sun saying Gerrard won't be wanting any Rangers player as they're not good enough. According to him Kent is not a stick on pick for our first 11

Crap to fill papers, not to say he won’t but they will know nothing just now. I wonder if the Scottish press will start putting out the 20 million for this player and £25 million for another to villa the same way they did for months with eduard, Mcgregor and Christie to Leicester. All just to speculate interest in them to do the paymasters work.

Just the usual lazy copy that is to be expected.

This is what happens when ‘newspapers’ use pre-pubescent interns to fill their pages these days;

Doesn't Bailey play left wing. They spent £25 million on him in the summer so do t see it as a position they'll be recruiting. If they think Kent is an upgrade on Bailey we need to ask for at least £25m

These articles are inevitable. There's little point getting worked up about it.

If Gerrard does fancy some of our players, then the harsh reality is he can afford to buy them and quadruple their wages.
None of our players are turning that down.

On the positive side, we all know player sales are a part of our business plan, so a former manager with a big pot of gold might just be what we need, from a balance sheet perspective.

We don't need to like it, but we do need to understand it.

If Gerard offers 20m, he’s gone. It plugs a huge hole in our finances. That’s the world we live in. 20 m puts us in a stable final position. We would be one bad tackle away from not having him, and keeping him doesn’t mean we would necessarily win the league. Don’t like losing him, but that kind of money could keep another three players at Ibrox.

Tell us something we don’t know.

That’s the question though, would he want to follow a guy who rated him so highly, for 4 times the salary playing in the most exciting league in the world.
I think Kent and Aribo are two of the most exciting players I’ve seen in a blue jersey for a long time, but if we have to sell one or both to stabilize the club, then that’s the reality.

Pull on yer big boy pants BC, and let's see out the season with our best players on board.
Not worth risking the 30M CL jackpot at this stage. We'll get the same or more for them in 6 months.
We should only sell a player in January if they turn round and ask for a transfer.

Sad truth is we need to sell a Ryan Kent every year or 2 to balance the books. For me the likes of this is inevitable and we just need to suck it up, qualifying for the Champions will not be happening every season to bail us out.

If we win the league this season, I see no reason why we won't going forward ?

Soon as gerrard left, I just a had feeling Kent will break the Scottish transfer fee. 25-30 million.

£20 million for each of Kent, Aribo and Kamara, £30 Million for Patterson, EPL Rates,.

That’s it.

Premier League Special: £90m 4 player bundle.

*players not sold separately*
*Excludes VAT*
*No Refunds*

20 million. Simple.
Aye and the rest. He is invaluable to us.
Whether this story is true or not, it really grates me our support lowballing our players values. Ffs those rhats got 13m for kris fukn ajer in the summer from Brentford. They’re already valuing the Japanese at 25-30m. And knowing them jammy khunts they’ll get it. 25m for a guy with hips made from rich tea’s.
We need to start doing the same.
Kent £30m minimum plus sell on
Aribo same
Kamara 20-25m minimum plus sell on
Don’t want to pay that? Bye then

Last edited:
I am a certain as I could be that Leeds will come in for Kent in January in a desperate attempt to stay in the EPL.

In wide attacking positions Villa have Buendia, Bailey, Trezeguet, el Ghazi amd Traore. They also have the option to play Watkins there.

I doubt it will be a priority position for them.

I expect them to focus on a centre forward, defensive midfield, central defence and left back.

Back