Press Conference Michael Beale full press conference ahead of Aberdeen game

mdingwall

Administrator
"We've offered contracts to 1 or 2" when asked about players with expiring contracts soon.

Jack/Arfield/Davis?

"We've offered contracts to 1 or 2" when asked about players with expiring contracts soon.

Jack/Arfield/Davis?
Jack and Arfield I’d imagine, don’t see Davis being renewed after his injury unless it’s some sort of hybrid coaching role but we seen with Defoe that probably doesn’t work.

Surprised if it’s both Jack and Arfield tbh. We need experienced squad players but probably don’t have space for both of them.

Jack and Arfield I’d imagine, don’t see Davis being renewed after his injury unless it’s some sort of hybrid coaching role but we seen with Defoe that probably doesn’t work.

Surprised if it’s both Jack and Arfield tbh. We need experienced squad players but probably don’t have space for both of them.
That is why they're getting offered contracts for Id imagine.

Jack/Arfield/Davis?
Thouhgt he said after Celtic game if you have not heard of contracts being offered then that tells a story, so in 5:days a change of tune

Jack/Arfield/Davis?
Personally I'd include Summer 2024 in my definition of 'soon' as well, as we don't want another situation of folk going into their last year and walking for free. That brings another 4 players into the equation - Lundstram, Barisic, McLaughlin and Roofe - if we can't move them on this Summer (no chance of that with Roofe I fear).

I think, with Beale, the old FF habit of analysing every last word of what he says to the nth degree is pointless. He likes to talk. Sometimes he rambles, sometimes he contradicts himself. Sometimes he lets slip a wee gem that he shouldn't have. I'm happy to sit back and see what unfolds over the next few weeks regarding signings/contracts.

We had 11 players leave the club last season. 8 the season before and 8 the season before that. It sounds like it will be even bigger changes this coming season. Exciting times, and the transfer thread should be a hoot with all those disappointed that we are not outbidding top tier teams from the top 5 leagues for the best of the players available.:rolleyes:

Certainly sounds like Ridvan and Matondo will be starters on Sunday. McCrorie fit and available as well. Other than that it doesn't sound like too many changes. Hagi perhaps?

Would like to see Lowry off the bench. Beale seems happy with him from what he's saying there.

Last edited:
Does Michael Beale forget what he said before, 5 or 6 players coming in now it's 1 or 2. 1 or 2 ooc players been offered contracts, Sorry no faith in this manager.
These were two separate replies to two separate questions almost a month apart.

Previously answered "5 or 6" when asked about new signings in transfer window.

Then today replied " 1 or 2" when asked how many of the 7 or currently out of contract will be offered to renew..

These were two separate replies to two separate questions almost a month apart.

Previously answered "5 or 6" when asked about new signings in transfer window.

Then today replied " 1 or 2" when asked how many of the 7 or currently out of contract will be offered to renew..
A wee bit pedantic but it was 1 or 2 HAD ALREADY been offered new contracts rather than how many WILL BE offered new contracts. He didn't close it down completely - though I think he knows as well as anybody the number of changes required.

I think Mick needs to be less open with the press and keep to a very basic script relating to the match he is speaking about. Might sound a bit boring but he is far to open and then having to go back on what he has said

This weeks press conf should have been over in less than 5 mins
  • Disappointed team from last week
  • We have spoken as a squad and know what is expected
  • They need to show what they are worth and come with a performance this week
  • This is who is injured and defo out, others have time to get ready
  • We will release the team an hour before kick off
  • Recruitment is busy, wont disclose what the club are doing until contracts get signed
  • We will advise on OOC players when suitable
  • Thanks and bye
  • Walks out

Davis, you have to joking.
Realistically he's out until after Christmas this year, given the timeframe Hagi had for the same injury. Would be absolute madness to give a 38/39 year old a new deal based on that, he was barely playing before the injury!

As I say, would be madness, so expect us to offer him improved terms.

I think Mick needs to be less open with the press and keep to a very basic script relating to the match he is speaking about. Might sound a bit boring but he is far to open and then having to go back on what he has said

This weeks press conf should have been over in less than 5 mins
  • Disappointed team from last week
  • We have spoken as a squad and know what is expected
  • They need to show what they are worth and come with a performance this week
  • This is who is injured and defo out, others have time to get ready
  • We will release the team an hour before kick off
  • Recruitment is busy, wont disclose what the club are doing until contracts get signed
  • We will advise on OOC players when suitable
  • Thanks and bye
  • Walks out
Who cares what the Timmy fanzines say?

Both clubs get the same time allowance for the weekly press conferences.

Our manager simply answers questions clearly and directly.

Meanwhile Postecoglou is doing his Officer Doofy tribute act ie; mumbling incoherently while staring downwards like he’s got his willy stuck in the hoover again.

MB press conferences offer no excitement or promise. Maybe that's his 'style' but I guess most of us are hardly looking forwars to more of 'the same old' as this season peters out.
His apparent satisfaction with last weeks performance is worrying. We only came into the game as a threat in the 2nd half and huffed and puffed with no return.
I think he's made some poor sound bites along the way - the worst being 'would the other players pick him'(alluding to Lowry). I wouldnt trust the current team to go for the messages without screwing up.
I'd rather he said lets do something different, Ive something up my sleeve etc. Otherwise he comes across as stale as the team appear to be.

There are times I do think that Mick Beale does not have the level of confidence/arrogance/swagger required to be a Rangers manager.
It annoys me that he accepts the likes of Aberdeen as a ‘rival’.

I also felt it sounded a bit amateurish to say that we want to try new things, but at the same time defend the record of some of the players who have badly let the club down.

The point I’m trying to make I expect is that he comes across as inconsistent and contradictory, which allows the media to make him look a bit foolish at times.

I hope I am right in thinking we have seen the last of Tillman. I know many people disagree with me, but I think that we can put £5 mil to much better use than bring him back.

He sounds really depressed.And looks it. Somethings going on.
I’m glad he sounds depressed because he should be quite ashamed after the last couple of performances.
It does sound like he’s still hurting, but has to try to sound upbeat as there are still five more games to go.

Personally, I would prefer if he said I am just gonna write these five games off and try things ahead of next season, so we’re not really going to worry too much about outcomes.
I know many would slate him for it, but it would be an honest approach that might actually achieve something rather than putting out players who have no interest in being here and they’re just seeing their last few weeks out.

Arfield was not far off our best player when he came on last week. Admittedly it was a low bar.

Even if he came on and scored last week, it still wouldn't be a reason to offer him a new deal.

We really need to end this sunshine or shite approach to player's contract situations. Arfield isn't seen for weeks, he's factored into the 'needs to go' list. Comes on during a dire performance against Celtic and puts himself about a bit and it's all of a sudden "give him another year!".

Arfield, Jack, Barisic, Davis, McGregor, Kent, Morelos, Kamara all need to go in the Summer.

Back