Michael Beale interviewed on Rangers prospects

He wiuld
This. He’s an ex Ranger at the end of the day. Hope everyone can keep a level of respect for him.
He would've set the club back years if he was allowed to have stayed as manager.
As for a level of respect because he's a former manager what level of respect did he afford a sitting Rangers manager while trying to manipulate himself into GVBs job.
He was disrespectful to GVB, he deserves bone in return,imo

Beale also told Sky Sports Scotland "if Rangers do manage to win the league I wouldn't expect to get a medal for my contribution, but the fans will know what has gone before".

Beale added "I still look in on follow follow every week and it's reassuring to see 92.5% still believe i was the brains of the outfit that won 55".

• Haha
Reactions: VGM
We would be second and at least 12points behind with him in charge
Bought players to play a certain way and scrapped it after a couple of games

Remember his interview saying the striker he was in Italy talking too about signing would make fans very excited

Beale also told Sky Sports Scotland "if Rangers do manage to win the league I wouldn't expect to get a medal for my contribution, but the fans will know what has gone before".

Beale added "I still look in on follow follow every week and it's reassuring to see 92.5% still believe i was the brains of the outfit that won 55".
Obviously second parts a piss take is the first bit because its something I wouldn’t put it past him saying

I can't take any issue with anything he says there.

Being Rangers Manager wasn't for him and he paid the price. I'm sure it wasn't for any lack of effort. He wasn't the first and I doubt he will be the last. I wish him well for the future
Yip.

It’s a tough, tough, gig and I think, as demanding fans, we don’t really understand what that job really is. It didn’t work out for any of the parties involved. I hope all parties come out of it with more success, the league and cup would be a big part of it. Rangers made more mistakes gambling with him than he did taking the job. Not many people are turning down Rangers.

I'm not impressed by his actions or his management but he's never been shy about stating his affections for Rangers, which is something. I'm no longer as angry at him now he's gone and we've gotten lucky enough to get in a manager capable of fixing the mess he left behind. Hope he figures things out and is successful in the future.

It took him getting sacked for us to actually have a chance of us winning the league with Phil at the helm who turned everything around.

I hope this doesn’t turn into a hate fest, but I’d rather Beale didn’t discuss his time with us in the media for a while yet. Sick of the sight of him to be quite honest.
Michael Beale has a really poor understanding of the media, how the media works and when to say No or nothing.

He clearly has a huge affection for Rangers FC but he’s got to understand that he is a soft touch for the media looking for a useful quote.

I will never forgive him for Sam lammers
What a strange thing to say.
I mean you won’t just let it lie and say it didn’t work out for Sam and he tried and lacked confidence.
We got butland Danilo Sima etc so let’s not slate him just for one player that didn’t work out.

What a strange thing to say.
I mean you won’t just let it lie and say it didn’t work out for Sam and he tried and lacked confidence.
We got butland Danilo Sima etc so let’s not slate him just for one player that didn’t work out.
He never knew how to play the players he signed most the players looked like they hadn't a clue what he wanted to do

Horrendous example for comparison. Beale isn’t a scumbag.
Doesn’t really matter does it, if you’re asserting that being an ex Ranger is what buys you leeway.

Anyway I thought Beale’s conduct while Gio was fighting for his job was scummy.

Not going to have a go at him. Just going to say I’m glad he’s in the past now.

He came, he tried, he failed.

Best of luck to him in the future.
100% a fair analysis. In many workplaces there are people who are promoted to be managers after performing well in non management roles, but it soon becomes apparent that they don't have the necessary skills and ability to step up to be a manager.
MB fell into that category, he is a coach, but couldn't step up to be a manager.
On the plus side he made some good signings and in his spells at Rangers he fully embraced life in Scotland with his family and bought into the ethos of our great club and everything it stands for.
Time to move on we now have the real deal as a Manager in Clement.

He tried and failed..Time to move on . Him and his family still live in Strathblane.A good coach but never a manager.

Beale’s analysis is probably correct. Bronckhurst was let go too soon, and deserved longer and some financial backing. They gave all that backing to Beale instead, who spent all the money on strikers who were no better than the ones he let go. But he brought some good players to the team, including Cantwell, Butland and Sima. The spend on strikers brought a lot of scrutiny, which Lammers couldn’t handle. The board did the right thing to let Beale go when they did and gave themselves time to find a good replacement, but Beale got a lot right and we are reaping the rewards of some of his signings. Beale is no fraud, but no question that Clement is in a different league as a manager.

Under Gio we were very inconsistent results wise and putting in really boring displays. Because our start this season was rubbish people have forgotten the job he did last year in getting us consistent. We didn't drop too many points and got wins out of a team that didn't look capable. This season was very bad however

I'd ever a man was delusional it's definitely Michael Beale.

Under Gio we were very inconsistent results wise and putting in really boring displays. Because our start this season was rubbish people have forgotten the job he did last year in getting us consistent. We didn't drop too many points and got wins out of a team that didn't look capable. This season was very bad however
Maybe you forget that GVB took us to the Europa League Final and how Beale manipulated his way into his job.

Dont dislike the guy.

Know he loved it here.

But, his words, actions and his absolute belief in himself dont tally up to the same thing.

His backroom staff were laughable. Again, a possible symptom of a guy that backs himself totally but does not have a single football person of any substance wanting to stand behind him in a management team.

How can you change too much too soon when Kamara Kent and Morelos vanish from the team you helped build ?

You are the one that bought Lammers for a fortune only for Hagi to report back totally 100% fit not missing a second of pre season and get binned.

Hi Michael

He was clearly over his skis at Rangers as a Manager.
Regardless of how it ended he has a life long connection with us and that’ll be beneficial in the media.

If only he'd called out the corrupt Refereeing that cost him a win at Parkhead and Ibrox last September. Things could perhaps have worked out different for him.
Rodgers just did it, and got half-a-slap, on ONE wrist. :rolleyes:

Given the size of the storm at the time, Beale could have easily surfed that wave - but there seemed to be very little boardroom backing, behind him.

Compare & contrast to the rhats, who brought in one of the biggest hitters in sports law. Must do better, Rangers.

Last edited:
If only he'd called out the corrupt Refereeing that cost him a win at Parkhead and Ibrox last September. Things could perhaps have worked out different for him.
True but the club in general prefer dignified silence! How’s that worked out?
When they did question the referee after the San giro stitch up they just dropped it. They should have been like a dog with a bone and still been on the case now. Never forgive or forget.

He's a fucking c u n t.

Lying through his teeth today about being surprised to be asked because Gio was doing well, yet at the time he was having digs at him on Darrell Currie's show about "Wouldn't have let them come past us".

He makes my blood boil. Never a Ranger in a million years.
OOOOOOFFFFFFTTTTTT !!

Don't you be sitting on the fence, or anything like that ...

True but the club in general prefer dignified silence! How’s that worked out?
When they did question the referee after the San giro stitch up they just dropped it. They should have been like a dog with a bone and still been on the case now. Never forgive or forget.
And the fans would have backed them 100%.

We're very good at turning positives into negatives.

A cohesive push could have seen Crawford Allan, out the door a lot earlier than his final push, ironically, after Rodgers ***spits*** faced them on the sixth floor. WE had a far better case.

Beale has a deep affection for Rangers and the more friends we have the better.

Don't want it to turn into a hate fest. He was an integral part of 55
100% Credit where and when it is due, and he desrves cudos for his part. No hsrd feelings. The task was just too big, and his signings have been excellent (mostly),

he never had the players playing any were near as good as clement

the kitman story, the way he treated sakala and hagi was shocking as well

players not being fit enough after saying gios team werent fit enough

the guys a snake oil salesman him and that sneeky bastard warburton should just shut the %^*& up

if mick beale even insinuates he played a part when we win the league he should be laughed at and sectioned

I hope this doesn’t turn into a hate fest, but I’d rather Beale didn’t discuss his time with us in the media for a while yet. Sick of the sight of him to be quite honest.
Part of one of my jobs is analysing human behaviour. Beale isn't talking about us there to praise us, he's using it as an excuse to justify himself in a very sly way. He is knowingly trying to come across in a "genuine" and charming way but his narrative is different. This is normal behaviour for him that most of us can see through. He mentioned four of our players that are key for us aswell, the four he mentions were all his signings. If talking about key players why not mention Tav or Lundstram. Guy knows exactly what he's doing and you can see right through it. I wish he'd just shut up now tbh and stop talking about us. Players have said how Clement just deals with the simple basic things at first aswell and now Beale has decided to start the "too much too fast" talk, he knows exactly what he's saying and it's all to save face. What's his excuse for Sunderland then if he learned this "too much too fast" thing when he left us? He probably makes out rangers fans are just harsh and overly passionate and that's why we've turned against him but most of us still respect most managers we've had, to some extent atleast. We've turned on him because he's not being sincere. I honestly hope he realises his bad traits and becomes more genuine and goes on to be a success. I wish that for that guy I really do. And when he does that we will all respect it and look at him in a better light. But right now he's still pulling the wool over peoples eyes thinking we're all naive and that he's some sort of genius with his words and it's doing him no favours.

Last edited:
he never had the players playing any were near as good as clement

the kitman story, the way he treated sakala and hagi was shocking as well

players not being fit enough after saying gios team werent fit enough

the guys a snake oil salesman him and that sneeky bastard warburton should just shut the %^*& up

if mick beale even insinuates he played a part when we win the league he should be laughed at and sectioned
You could be mistaken, for feeling that he is currently laying the groundwork, at the moment.

Back