Michael Beale reply to a Rangers fan on Instagram

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get why a supposed Rangers fan would be that obnoxious on social media, but I equally don't get why anyone with any kind of public profile would bother to respond.

Neither come out of that well, and I like Beale.

"You don't have a clue what went on" got to admit that's got me thinking. Wish he left that bit out lol
Probably around the beginning of the end of the relationship between Gerrard and the board after the Malmo debacle. Park and Bennett had probably mapped out plans for reinvestment in the squad with Wilson and Gerrard which obviously went into the bin after we crashed out.

He may also be alluding to the fact that our board were happy to see the management team go because it was an opportunity to take in £4.5m compensation and still upgrade on the manager with a free agent.

Guy left us in lurch before a semi final. Absolutely no reason full backroom team had to go before the game. Couple of them could have waited a week or two.

Wouldn't message him but also wouldn't give him the time of day.

Guessing from his comments it's true they went in a huff about transfer kitty, pathetic if it was.
He did which is okay to say on here but to go onto his Twitter and say it a bit low.

There's some amount of absolute wankers in our support it really does my tits in. (I understand all clubs have them)

Probably the same type of person who comments on Celtic fans commenting on Rangers posts with "Obsessed".

The guy is a Villa coach. If you aren't interested in that unfollow him. Don't follow just to direct abuse at someone who left us in a far better state than he found us.

We were all gutted by the timing of their exit. However, I think most will now admit things were stale and we seem to have landed another top manager.

I hope Stevie and his staff do well at Villa.
I don’t blame any of the backroom staff for following their manager.

He was the one that chose to leave right before a semi final, he had no idea who we’d get or how we’d do after he ditched us.

I hope he fails miserably at Villa.

I’d never message him on social media to tell him right enough.

It will be interesting in time to find out more details of what happened. Clearly something was not right, fair enough you often see a new manager bounce but our team has transformed almost overnight in every position

I think the details are all there in black and white. Gerrard's own words even confirmed it in the months leading up to his departure. We didn't spend after winning the League. Clearly the coaching staff wanted that to happen. They wanted us to spend more money on players.

I don't know if it's a case of promises made before the summer were broken or Gerrard and co just wrongly assumed that we'd be in a position to spend big after the title win. You could see Gerrard was frustrated that we didn't spend this summer, especially after Malmo. I think the board was right overall tbh, if we were going to spend then we needed to cash in on players first.

Was the Rangers fan in the wrong with his comment, probably but thats social media for you
Beales response for me is more of an issue. Those that left if they had an issue it should be said when they left & not when they suddenly get sensitive to a comment from someone he doesn't even know
Beale is thinking of nobody other than those that left with that comment & for me he is also having a veiled go at possibly the club but again it's that unclear that all ot does is put uncertainty about the whole issue
If there is something to be said this is 100% not the way to go about it & certainly not in response to a bit of social media banter

Obviously that fan shouldn’t have goaded a Beale but that’s a ridiculous comment from Beale as well. The board forked out around £6-7m to sign Roofe and Itten whilst rejecting £16m for Morelos, probably on Gerrard’s approval. £7m on Kent.

The one major ask we had of the previous management team was to beat Malmo and at the very least secure the £5m parachute payment for playoff participants. It was as comfortable a route to the CL riches we could have asked for and Beale is partly accountable for that catastrophic failure to beat a ten man Malmo in one half of football in front of 50,000 of our own fans.
That's what caught my eye more than anything tbh.

You'd be forgiven for thinking, by the tone of that reply, that they weren't backed enough in their time with us which is an absolute fcking nonsense.

The tactical genuises never thought to tweak anything for Malmo away when we had Morelos and Kamara out making just one sub that night, Sakala for Itten, meanwhile Hagi sat on the bench while we were needing creativity on the park.

Guy left us in lurch before a semi final. Absolutely no reason full backroom team had to go before the game. Couple of them could have waited a week or two.

Wouldn't message him but also wouldn't give him the time of day.

Guessing from his comments it's true they went in a huff about transfer kitty, pathetic if it was.
They never had money to spend because Gerrard couldn’t beat ten men Malmo.

I get the impression he never wanted to leave but felt loyalty towards Gerrard.

Must have forgot the millions spent on Internationals Barisic, Grezda, Hagi, Itten, Helander and then Roofe, Kent at £7m!!
Aye miracle worker Beale was working wonders with free transfers and 3rd Division players hmmmm

Enjoy your Christmas but bore the %^*& off

What went on? Clearly the previous coaching team could no longer get a tune out of the players, judging by what Gio and his team have shown.

I get the feeling the previous coaching team wanted a constant pat on the back for what they achieved last season. That's not the case at Rangers, it's always about the next trophy.

We all knew he was going but the timing left a a lot to be desired.
I’m sure somebody like Beale understands there are tubes in all supports.

Worth bearing in mind that with Gerrard going, and Ross Wilson immediately looking for a new manager, there may not have been a place for Beale at Rangers.

It’s clear Gio wanted his own team, and they’re doing a tremendous job so far.

I have no animosity towards Beale at all.

That's a fair point.

As for transfer funds, we play in Scotland. There will always be a limit to how much can be spent - and what level of player will be attracted to the league.

Obviously that fan shouldn’t have goaded a Beale but that’s a ridiculous comment from Beale as well. The board forked out around £6-7m to sign Roofe and Itten whilst rejecting £16m for Morelos, probably on Gerrard’s approval. £7m on Kent.

The one major ask we had of the previous management team was to beat Malmo and at the very least secure the £5m parachute payment for playoff participants. It was as comfortable a route to the CL riches we could have asked for and Beale is partly accountable for that catastrophic failure to beat a ten man Malmo in one half of football in front of 50,000 of our own fans.
Couldn’t have put it any better……I think it’s plain to see now that gerrard doesn’t like criticism and after being criticised for losing this match he threw the toys out the pram and has stuck to the mantra that it’s all because board wouldn’t give him money but Gio has proven otherwise, by rejuvenating the same squad

We were all gutted by the timing of their exit. However, I think most will now admit things were stale and we seem to have landed another top manager.

I hope Stevie and his staff do well at Villa.
It wasnt so much the timing as the manner and the way they treated the fans as if they were mugs.
I can seperate what they achieved from that.
We were stale because the coaching staff couldnt be arsed. That said we have upgraded to a proper manager.

Here's an idea, don't post your life on social media = don't get comments from morons.

I mean Michael Beale is a nice guy and done a very good job here but not sure the world needs to know his movements.

Its hardly abuse, its a topical quip, he's taken the bait and as a result comes across a bit thin skinned.

Surely its the fan who should have 'been above all that nonsense' in the first place?
Some people will just say absolutely anything to avoid criticising our support.

Not particularly the guy you've replied to but you see it a lot on here.

Excuse after excuse after excuse will be trotted out.

I'd love to hear a single, valid reason why he shouldn't have the right to reply on his own social media page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back