Michael Laudrup - outrageous talent

Anybody have any of the press clippings when we were linked with uniting him with Brian, remember a few reports as a teenager.

Who was the manager that made a quote along the lines of "If Michael wasn't such a middle class/well grounded/easy upbringing type person and had a bit more grit/streetwise/tough life/football was his only way out of a hellish life about him he'd probably have been the best of all time"?

class player

that wee shift he done with the quick feet, so simple looking but skinned players for fun with it

One of the greatest footballers ever to play the game but for some reason isn’t put up in that bracket as often as he should be. Maybe it’s just that guys like Zidane have the big goals in CL finals, World Cup finals and what not that tip the scales for them.

he had major issues with the danish FA/manager and refused to play for them iirc. there is no doubt he's at the same level of zidane, platini, cruyff etc. only maradonna, messi and CR7 are ahead of them in the modern game.

Last year I was in Hua Hin Thailand with friends, a mate said one morning ‘fancy going to the beach?’ Being hung over I declined. He came back and told me, he had gone in for a swim, banged his toe on a rock, and limped back to the beach. As he limped out he said to this guy “be careful, there’s sharp rocks there”. Hearing his accent the guy asked “are you a Rangers supporter?, my mate said no, why? He said my brother played for Rangers, it was Michael Laundrup. :eek: The worst hangover ever when he told me that.

The odds must be astronomical that you could be as good a footballer as Brian laudrup yet still not be the best player in your house growing up.

I thought that both the Laudrups had played for Rangers. The De Boer Brothers both played for Rangers, Frank and Ronald. Would be great to have them two sets of Brothers together.
Just need Rio and Anton Ferdinand, in the centre of defence, and Gary and Phil Neville at Fullbacks.

Last year I was in Hua Hin Thailand with friends, a mate said one morning ‘fancy going to the beach?’ Being hung over I declined. He came back and told me, he had gone in for a swim, banged his toe on a rock, and limped back to the beach. As he limped out he said to this guy “be careful, there’s sharp rocks there”. Hearing his accent the guy asked “are you a Rangers supporter?, my mate said no, why? He said my brother played for Rangers, it was Michael Laundrup. :eek: The worst hangover ever when he told me that.
What team does you're mate support?

What team does you're mate support?

9781787445192i.jpg

I thought that both the Laudrups had played for Rangers. The De Boer Brothers both played for Rangers, Frank and Ronald. Would be great to have them two sets of Brothers together.
Just need Rio and Anton Ferdinand, in the centre of defence, and Gary and Phil Neville at Fullbacks.
What in the name of f*ck are you on about man?

Michael Laudrup and Denis Bergkamp were very similar types and were two of the purest footballers of their time. Wonderful to watch and unfortunately modern football doesnt seem to allow such talent to flourish the same way.

Michael Laudrup and Denis Bergkamp were very similar types and were two of the purest footballers of their time. Wonderful to watch and unfortunately modern football doesnt seem to allow such talent to flourish the same way.

Think he was one level above even someone as good and classy as Bergkamp.

What a player he really was,one of the best ever.
In fact I’m sure in Laudrup’s last Classico match he won 5-1,signed for the opposition side in the summer and in his first Classico for his new side won 5-1.
I can’t remember the order but I think it was Barca to Real.

Brian Laudrup was a world talent end of. As evidenced by my own eyes.
Brian Laudrup is a hero of mine, I grew up during 9 in a row. He was amazing and is a legend here and undoubtedly a world class player. That does not put him in the same league as his brother.

Not in my opinion. Cruijff had a fantastic football brain, that is why he was a great manager as well. If Cruiff went to Argintine the Dutch would have walked that tournament.
As opposed to Zidane, shite manager. Only the 4 European Cups....

Back