Middleton joins Hibs on loan - Confirmed

Absolutely the best move for him, I think.

Gets to stay in Scotland, maintain a close relationship with Rangers, play in the league in which he'll hopefully one day star for us, play for a team with a great record in nurturing youth players and hopefully dent Celtic's title hopes in the progress.

Makes sense.

It’s unpalatable, but it’s a good move for him and us. Gets him regular games against teams that we play week in week out.
Also frees up some wages at the same time

Maybe Middleton thought he'd be more use to Gerrard after a year proving himself in the SPL under a decent manager than a very different style of football in the Dutch second division?
I'll grit my teeth and thole this.
Good luck, Glenn and phuk you, Hibs.

" so we're borrowing h*n reserves now?" And other such welcoming messages, to the official Hibs Twitter feed. Good luck Glenn you're going to need it.

Errrr....no. I am Steven Gerrard :p

Breda comment:

Gerrard said: “Glenn Middleton is very close to going on loan in Holland.

“Fair play to him going for such a challenge. That will be good for his development, playing for a team challenging in front of passionate fans.”

Hivs comments:

The 19-year-old was close to agreeing a season-long switch to Dutch outfit NAC Breda last week but is now on his way to Easter Road after a change of heart.

Speaking ahead of Sunday's showdown with Paul Heckingbottom's team, Gerrard said: "Glenn has decided he wants to go to Hibs on loan so that will happen after the weekend.

"He will go get some experience and play some regular football. He was really close to going to Holland. Super close.

"But last minute Hibs have shown some interest that he has looked into himself and decided he wants to go pursue that. It was his decision."

Add in the gushing praise of Pompey as a destination for McCrorie and there is no comparison. It is clear the manager didn't think Hivs was the best destination for Glenn. And i agree with that.

Struggling to find where Gerrard is disappointed in that article.

My guess is, as per usual with you, you’re absolutely at it.

Good luck to Glenn and I actually think it’s a decent move for him with the way Hibs try and play under Heckingbottom.

It also increases our chances of landing someone from them in the future, avoiding a Scott Allan type situation, if we build up a relationship in terms of players move.

Don’t get me wrong I still hate the cunts but I’d much rather the club didn’t cut off the nose to spite the face.

" so we're borrowing h*n reserves now?" And other such welcoming messages, to the official Hibs Twitter feed. Good luck Glenn you're going to need it.

Something needs to be properly done about this “ Hun “ shite , it almost seems to be deemed acceptable amongst every other person in Scotland who isn’t a Rangers fan .

The quick and easy way is start using it as a term to describe all of them . Start singing it , at all opponents including and mainly the yahoo .

Reclaim it and shut them up for good . Because it seems to be a free for all just now out there against us .

I’d love the UB to take the lead on this - next OF at Ibrox get every one of us up and belting “ go home ya huns” unto their wee 1000 faces and loud enough the whole of Scotland hears it through their TV sets .

Struggling to find where Gerrard is disappointed in that article.

My guess is, as per usual with you, you’re absolutely at it.

Good luck to Glenn and I actually think it’s a decent move for him with the way Hibs try and play under Heckingbottom.

It also increases our chances of landing someone from them in the future, avoiding a Scott Allan type situation, if we build up a relationship in terms of players move.

Don’t get me wrong I still hate the cunts but I’d much rather the club didn’t cut off the nose to spite the face.
You want to build relationships with Hivs.

Ok...............

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if he was recalled during the season, if the toxicity towards him doesn't stop. The first "off" game he has and they'll consider it open season on him.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if he was recalled during the season, if the toxicity towards him doesn't stop. The first "off" game he has and they'll consider it open season on him.

The manager seems to be about the only decent person connected to the club. If he goes Middleton will be back soon after.

It might be personal reasons for young Glen.
Who knows … but if he can put a dent in anyway in ‘their’ season…then it will all be worth it!
From what the gossip in work is, Middleton didn’t want to live abroad and was happy settled where he is. Only rational reason I can think off as well, as i personally wouldn’t give Hibs the steam of my shite far less a player on loan.
But then we did it with mcgregor as well just after the Allan fiasco we then give them DM on a free transfer

Absolute shocking ambition from Middleton here IMO.
Mate the Dutch league was second division and he's only a young kid. Would have to up sticks away from family and adjust to a new language/culture. Boyle is injured for a long time for them he'll get plenty of game time.

At the end of the day, it's best for Middleton and the best for the club. That's ultimately all that matters.

We benefit from him getting a load of first team football and hopefully he has positive influence in their games against the poets. Win win for us.

Rationale thought on here is few and far between though, far easier to pretend to be 'staunch as f**k and say he shouldn't go there...

Like it or not, we need friends. Their relationship with timmy has soured. They could prove a useful ally off the field

From what the gossip in work is, Middleton didn’t want to live abroad and was happy settled where he is. Only rational reason I can think off as well, as i personally wouldn’t give Hibs the steam of my shite far less a player on loan.
But then we did it with mcgregor as well just after the Allan fiasco we then give them DM on a free transfer

I think McGregor was released from his contract then went there soon after. I seem to remember Warburton not being chuffed about it.

Good manager shit club, shit fans, every chance he gets an inside forward role that many on here think his finishing deserves...let's be honest there is a table of hatred that is mutual and this tin pot outfit would struggle to make my top 5.
We've been saying for an age that our youngsters should be loaned to Premier League outfits, %^*& If it was of benefit to the player and club I'd have McPake and Mebude to the sheep shaggers no danger.
The only rivals to our success is ourselves
Good luck Glenn, Like McCrorie I hope you come back wiser and stronger.

We’re not supposed to be the bitter obsessed ones. If it benefits us and potentially takes points off Celtic then it’s a yes from me.

In this circumstance Hivs are what you would call “useful idiots” they will give him game time in the top flight, may help take points off them and won’t play against us.

I hope he learns on a regular basis how much he hates losing.

Just can't bring myself to want anything good for Hibs, their support and their recent board members have been Rangers hating ars*holes.

A club that wouldn’t condemn their fans for attacking our players , aye awrite here is one of our best prospects on loan :rolleyes: . FFS

I think people are deluding themselves if they think Wee Middleton has been sent there to score winning goals against the yahoo and help us in the league .

Judging by Sunday’s display , hibs won’t be taking many points off them if any . They’d need Messi on loan and Godin I reckon .

Wish him the best though , he will need it .

You want to build relationships with Hivs.

Ok...............

On a club to club basis where we can potentially acquire players from them in the future? Yes.

No point having no relationships with any other Scottish clubs and therefore letting their best players go the mentally challengeds or elsewhere with no hope of getting them.

Chances are they won't play him against the scum, they would never try and help us even if it meant they lost against them, they hate us, I trust SG on this move but why Hivs.

Ok I can see the plus points for him going out on loan to another SPFL club but not to fucking Hivs.

Mate, as we shown at the weekend, hibs are now back to being an irrelavance to us, as every little diddy team is in this country.

We swept them to one side in a game where if it had been double figures they couldnt have complained.

We will finish at least 30 points in front of hibs, no matter how good a season they have

We are going for 55 at all costs.

Lets say Middleton gets 4 games against Celtc...and even in just 1 of those, he scores a goal which takes points off them. And we go on to win the league by 1 point. Nobody would say then the loan wasnt worthwhile. Not beyond the realms of possibility is it?

As for the player himself...getting experience showing his worth in the league that he hopes to be playing in.

As with every deal there are plus points and bad points but we have moved on from our recent dark past. We the fans never forget but from a purely footballing point of view the move makes sense.

Go on Glenn, go on
:p

If he gets a lot of game time then great .One thing that he will have to get playing for that shower is mentally tough because we all know what the Hiv support are like regarding anything Rangers.

Back