Midfield: Diomande Sterling Raskin

Got to wonder what he's doing (or not doing) in training if Lundstram's keeping him out the team atm.
You've hit on what I think is a key problem with our squad. We keep hearing about how many of our players are great in training and the effort they put in (even Wright) yet training doesnt give an idea how a player will behave mentally on the pitch.

MD and DS are our best players in there. Hopefully can work together.

Raskin? Guy has done nothing more than the rest of them. Possibly worth trying though.
Im being fussy here mate:D but why abbreviate names ? Not everyone is able to work that out quickly. You've gone on to just write "raskin" in the same post... Why not NR, or just write all three players names. No consistency:):D like I said I'm being fussy but there will people say spending 10-20 seconds trying to figure out who the initials are. For the sake of about an extra second just typing it out.

MD and DS are our best players in there. Hopefully can work together.

Raskin? Guy has done nothing more than the rest of them. Possibly worth trying though.
He's not been given much of a chance since he came back from injury while lundstram hobbles about towing his caravan.

I see Raskin is this week's winner of 'gets better the longer he doesn't play' award on FF
Hagi and Katic will be jealous they are the forgotten men

No, some can’t stand the thought of Dowell or Lawrence in midfield. Borna at LB too so Sterling probably plays that role.

Or we could drop Cantwell? He’s been shite and he constantly gives the ball away?
Also been injured and at least he looks offended when the team loses the ball and puts a shift in to win it back, see Dowell in the OF game for how NOT to track back and put a shift in
Any player who cannot do the bare minimum should not play, Cantwell does the minimum for me

Im being fussy here mate:D but why abbreviate names ? Not everyone is able to work that out quickly. You've gone on to just write "raskin" in the same post... Why not NR, or just write all three players names. No consistency:):D like I said I'm being fussy but there will people say spending 10-20 seconds trying to figure out who the initials are. For the sake of about an extra second just typing it out.
He's from Greenock.

The 4-2-3-1 needs ditched for 4-3-3 with the current available options.

We're lucky if we've got one decent forward, never mind four.

Tbh if it's between Raskin & Sterling for CM, it's Sterling all day & if that means Borna back in at left back, then fine.

Raskin is awful.

I’d rather have Borna at LB with Sterling in midfield than have Sterling at LB with one of Lawrence, Dowell or Raskin in midfield.

We should have gone with Borna LB, Sterling and Lundstram at Dens.

Thankfully Diomande is back. Least we’ll have a bit of movement, ability and industry in the midfield and these long, aimless balls from Goldson and Lundstram should be knocked on the head. We don’t have a target man up to. Dessers and Roofe should not be dropping slightly deeper to try and knock on a floated long ball. Especially when we don’t have players to get past them and run into knock downs/flicks.

I'm not against that three.

We've been badly overrun in midfield only playing two recently, doesn't help that the Scouse pretender has completely chucked it. I imagine he's been told we won't renew his contract.

Sterling and raskin to bring energy and athleticism, diomande to being some skill and guile.

Seems to be the case.

We chased him for some time too, paid a hefty fee to to get him early.
He has played regularly at youth international levels throughout his career so he can’t have suddenly turned into a duffer, despite what some say on here.

Perhaps he’s just never settled.

For me, whatever the formation, Cantwell, Sima and Sterling have to be in it, and Diomonde and Ridvan if fit

I like the O.P.'s option of not playing with a 10. Gerrard tended to go with 3 in midfield. You could have Cantwell and Sima as the wide attackers.

FWIW that’s what I’d have went with against the poets. Always feel more comfortable having a bit more control in midfield.

I’m a massive fan of Clement overall as a manager but some of his footballing decisions (selection & tactics) have worried me slightly. Particularly in bigger games. Really can’t see him going with a flat 3 regardless of who we’re playing.

Has Raskin got better by sitting on the bench? Last time he played he was like a man down.

People are getting desperate roll on the summer and this season to end!

We are a stepping stone to almost any player we sign to be fair ,who the %^*& wants to stay in this pishy league for a minute longer than they need to.
Aye,but you don’t go blabbing about it,before you have even established
yourself with your new club.

I’d rather have Borna at LB with Sterling in midfield than have Sterling at LB with one of Lawrence, Dowell or Raskin in midfield.

We should have gone with Borna LB, Sterling and Lundstram at Dens.

Thankfully Diomande is back. Least we’ll have a bit of movement, ability and industry in the midfield and these long, aimless balls from Goldson and Lundstram should be knocked on the head. We don’t have a target man up to. Dessers and Roofe should not be dropping slightly deeper to try and knock on a floated long ball. Especially when we don’t have players to get past them and run into knock downs/flicks.
What's wrong with Sterling at right back to strengthen our defence on that side because we all know they will target that area for obvious reasons.nobody needs to tell that wee jump the dyke how poor a defender Tav is ,he knows it and will try to exploit us there

I’d really like to see how Sterling and Diomande work as a central pairing, but it appears Clement can’t consider a midfield without a clearly knackered Lundstram in it.

If Lundstrum doesn't want to be here next season he shouldn't be in the team imo. Have we learned nothing from the Kent/ Morelos final months debacle?

Im actually thinking we would be better playing Diomamde as a 6. He seems technically better allowing Raskin and Sterling to drive forward.

If Borna isn’t fit I’d rather play Ben Davies at left back, the lack of having a left footed player at left back really prevents us moving the ball quicker.

Was in a rush and couldn’t be arsed typing lol

I know he won’t do it but could this midfield 3 be the answer for now?
yes give it a bash why not and up front

Matondo Sima McCausland

Just give all 3 a free role and told to skin the opposition, get in behind the defences lines.

Have the 3 crisis crossing causing mayhem.:D

Thats worth a bash.

That's the 3 id give a go to. With Sima left, Cantwell right and Silva through the middle

The guy played a major part in dragging this team back into a title race. Along with the captain, over the course of the Clement's time he's probably been our top performer. We're only talking 3 weeks ago the majority on here were wanting him nailed down to a new contract.
I think he has been told he can move on? That has affected his performances?

I think this is the case. Not sure though but would make sense. He looks deflated and dejected, news like that would do that.

I know he won’t do it but could this midfield 3 be the answer for now?
I always think back to Ricksen, Rae and Malcolm carrying us through games and realizing that the level we play at sometimes doesn't require the world's greatest footballers, but people that know it's 99% effort at times in these SPFL slogs. I think we've lost sight of that a bit, as much as I know football has also moved on - the problem is that our opponents are basically a carbon copy of those three in terms of style on a weekly basis and we need to overcome that.

I wouldn't play raskin in the east of Scotland league. Don't know what folk have seen when he has played.
He's had 2 good games for me. One was against the bheasts, possibly the dead rubber 3-0.

I thought we had a gem on our hands as well. Surprised that Clement hasnt played him more which suggests he cant be doing much 8n training.

I don't care how we do it, but Sterling needs to be in the midfield. Raskin, I'm not so sure about - he's shown nothing for ages.

Dinosaur loyal here…4 4 2 ? 3 midfield diggers who can play a wee bit…one with undoubted quality ? Fullbacks go forward diggers cover…..I know it’s fcukn rocket science….

I think he has been told he can move on? That has affected his performances?

I think this is the case. Not sure though but would make sense. He looks deflated and dejected, news like that would do that.
I think it would be extremely counter productive of the manager to let him know now he wasn't in his plans for next season.

Back