Midtjylland throw ins

Mbear

Was it just me or did anyone else think, their throw ins looked really horrible to defend against?

Was a more potent weapon than their corners imo.

I thought The trajectory of the ball made it very difficult to defend.

Reminded me of the boy at stoke who took the huge throw ins

Rory Delap.

We should be working as hard as them and copying their approach to set pieces (I'm guessing we do) as there comes a time in every season where we'll be the underdog and needing to scrap for goals.

Fans all stood up and clapped every time they got a thrown in so they know they could score from them.

Was it just me or did anyone else think, their throw ins looked really horrible to defend against?

Was a more potent weapon than their corners imo.

I thought The trajectory of the ball made it very difficult to defend.
Yes, but in the main, we defended them well. Their two goals came from complacent sloppy play, not their supposed set-piece strength.

They were definitely a threat from them however why are they allowed to take 30+seconds to set up for a throw in? If you stood at the line ready to take it and waited the same length of time you’d be booked?

Rory Delap.

We should be working as hard as them and copying their approach to set pieces (I'm guessing we do) as there comes a time in every season where we'll be the underdog and needing to scrap for goals.

Katic strolling into the box for a corner must have the opposition hitting the panic switch.

%^*& all you can do to stop that boy getting on the end of a decent cross unless you've got an elephant rifle.

Do Liverpool not have a throw in coach now? No one sticks out as having a particularly long throw at Liverpool though.

I have had the utter privilege of seeing Dave Challenor play for Tranmere at St James against Newcastle in the FA cup he could throw it from the half way line into the box

Honestly rate that up there with seeing messi and zidane!

Someone posted an article by The Athletic on here the other day that referenced the fact that the long throw was one of their key attacking threats.

The lad was throwing it from Hamburg and it was arriving right on top of our goalie into the box.

Extremely uncomfortable viewing and well done to the lads for defending it.

Not even that. Mixes it up against teams with packed defences. Get the ball in the box and put Katic / Goldson in there. Such a threat and if nothing comes of it there is the chance of a second ball dropping to someone in there.

Rory Delap.

Stoke very rarely scored from those throw ins. Opposition defences just got it in their heads that they were really dangerous and started to panic all the time.

Stoke very rarely scored from those throw ins. Opposition defences just got it in their heads that they were really dangerous and started to panic all the time.

Apologies, was referring to the Danes and their general success around set pieces.

Stoke can go fück themselves.

Back