Mika Bierith (suggestion)

Trueblueal

With the need for probably 2 strikers minimum should we be considering him?

He did very well at Motherwell first half of the season, 6 goals, 5 assists in 16 games.

On loan at Sturm Graz since Jan he has 11 goals already. Danish U21 on loan from Arsenal and only 1 year left on his deal

He had an excellent record for Fulham youth teams and was picked up by Arsenal. I thought he was one we would consider on the midst of our Jan window striker crisis. He also hit for for Motherwell on return from an injury and has just kept on scoring. At 21 I think he has real potential and is a strong lad for his age.

Sturm Graz want to keep him permanently which would suggest the price is easily attainable for us as a squad development option

Last edited:
Yeah good shout imo! I’ve certainly heard worse suggestions. Great age too!

No idea about price though - Although 1 year left, Arsenal live in the EPL bubble and may want too much for what we would consider a gamble on an unproven academy product?

No idea about price though - Although 1 year left, Arsenal live in the EPL bubble and may want too much for what we would consider a gamble on an unproven academy product?
I’ll be honest I don’t watch much football outside our games, however if Sturm Graz think they can afford him, surely we should be able to also? At 21 and doing it at two seperate clubs including a poor one in our league it’s definitely worth a look.

Would probably be available for less money than being quoted for Shankland (£5m) and Miovski (£8m).

Wouldn't be against signing him at all.

Don't think he's the 25 goal a season predator we need but he'd be a good squad option.

Mate who is a Motherwell fan rated him highly and said he would have been well worth a punt for us. Maybe we've missed the boat with him.

I wouldn't say he was unproven now after 2 successful loans in a breakout season. If we want a player like him it's now or likely never of his trajectory stays as is. £2m or so and I'd be on that. Sturm Graz don't pay big money

Who are you suggesting him to?

Don’t think any posters are in charge of a club unfortunately:))

It's just a talking point for those who like this sort of thread, and given he played in our league this season it's not entirely random. Just a bit of international break fun!

I wouldn't say he was unproven now after 2 successful loans in a breakout season. If we want a player like him it's now or likely never of his trajectory stays as is. £2m or so and I'd be on that. Sturm Graz don't pay big money
He knows our league, he seemed able to deal with our game and he wouldn't be too expensive a purchase.

Get him settled into the team and see how we can progress him. Would be a decent shout if cheap enough.

Mate who is a Motherwell fan rated him highly and said he would have been well worth a punt for us. Maybe we've missed the boat with him.
Or we just didn't fancy him because Clement etc know allot more than us about players and football.

I’d imagine Arsenal withdrew him from Motherwell to go to Sturm Graz because they see it as a step up in his development. Next step will likely be to offer him an extended contract followed by another loan. He seems highly rated by them, to the extent he’s probably out of our price range. I’m sure Koppen and Co will be very aware of him. He’s not a hidden gem waiting to be discovered.

I’m not against him based on talent but he’s had a couple of bad injuries already and missed nearly 30 games over the past two seasons.

That’s got to be a key consideration for Koppen and Clement in the summer.

I’ll be honest I don’t watch much football outside our games, however if Sturm Graz think they can afford him, surely we should be able to also? At 21 and doing it at two seperate clubs including a poor one in our league it’s definitely worth a look.

Would probably be available for less money than being quoted for Shankland (£5m) and Miovski (£8m).
No way Shankland is still 5m with a year left on his contract. I'd be bidding 2m and seeing if any championship teams come in as well. Dependent on how his euros go I'm sure.

Couldn't hurt to make an enquiry to Arsenal about his availability.

I don't think he'd be any worse than what we already have.

Poster is hoping the Sturm Graz interest makes him affordable to us too.
Seems logical but, I’d be thinking if he’d did well at Fulham, he’ll have options in the second division at least.

I really wanted us to explore a loan to buy deal for this kid in Jan.

He’s strong, works the press well, decent pace, good finisher, and he contributes a fair share of assists too.

He’s only 21 and has tons of room for development. If any has watched this boy a few times and can’t see potential, I’m not sure what to say :D

Back