Mindset check

If we Drew them at any other stage in the competition I’d be very confident, it’s a one off final which means it’s 50/50 imo. Fine margins tend do define football matches especially finals. As mentioned above it’s all about who handles the pressure more.
That's a fair point actually. When the draw was made we'd much rather have got them than Leipzig.

But against Leipzig I had no nerves at all because there was no fear of losing - we were supposed to lose.

This time the nerves are off the scale because the thought of losing is fucking devastating.

I do trust the players though. I think when the game starts and we settle into our rhythm I'll be calm.

Edit - I've typed the word rhythm there and I'm sitting staring at it cos it looks weird.

How's everyone feeling two days out?

I'm actually quite confident, but find if I think too much into it, I end up overbuilding it and making myself nervous.

Where's everyone else's head at?
Trying to shut it out of my mind as much as possible, but keep having an overriding image of Tav standing on a raised podium with the first team squad for the final behind him on a dark and sultry Andaluthian evening being awarded the trophy and the words, "Europa League 2022 Champions: Glasgow Rangers" appear before my eyes. Good Lord, please make it be so.

Not confident at all, I am a bit of a pessimist mind you, and always hope for the best whilst fearing the worst. I would say this is a true 50/50 match, and it might rest on who makes the best start.

Nervous as hell interrupted with the thought of 'No f*ckin way, we could be playing in the Super Cup in August'

Bricking it tbh. I hate the fact I’m confident as I feel
Better when we are complete underdogs. Like a few have said, I also seem to have had a weird daydream of Tav picking up the trophy. Wishful thinking or a premonition haha

Just trying to get myself to Wednesday now to be honest.

I am 100% confident we are bringing this trophy home with us.

We are Rangers and we will win this.

The nervous feeling in ma stomach is horrible.Didnt enjoy the semi final till the end and no doubt this will be the same unless we are 2 or 3 up in the game.Would be a dream for all of us to witness our team win ah european trophy⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽

How's everyone feeling two days out?

I'm actually quite confident, but find if I think too much into it, I end up overbuilding it and making myself nervous.

Where's everyone else's head at?
I hope the players aren’t over confident and play with a fear on the edge as they excel when playing that way

Haven't concentrated on anything else for days. Going between, can we really do this and there's no way this will happen.

I'd have happily played this the day after RB and felt we were certs. Reality is we'll need to be absolutely on it to win which I think we will be. Roll on Wednesday.

Like most on here, I veer between quiet confidence and just a 'feeling' that it's in the stars, to a gnawing little shit of doubt that sits there and goes 'nah pal, now that you're thinking you're gonna win it, they're gonna pump you 17-0 and have sex with your bird before the game is over'

It's an exhausting way to live, but what a time to be alive, eh?

A mixture of confident, nervous, impatient, shitting it. Post 37 has got me worried again.

Spent pretty much the whole of the knockouts with hope of going through each tie, now it's expectation of winning it. Mental.

Same. I simply cannot see us losing.

The trajectory has been positive for so long now. It would absolutely destroy any faith I had in Fate / Destiny/ Karma (call it what you like) if we were to lose on Wednesday.
50 grand 50 grand glen karma

I can honestly say the anticipation levels for this one are only matched by the run up to Barcelona 1972.

I am well in my sixties now but remember well how excited I was as a 14-year old in the run up to that ECWC Final. The thought that we were about to win a European trophy for the first time was almost overwhelming. Ended up sitting on the living room floor with my younger bro' listening to the game on my dad's radiogram. When Moscow Dynamo got their second I actually had to leave the room - even at that age I became a nervous wreck. It all ended well of course with that European trophy lifted.

Back in 1972 there was a feeling we were going to win that final game and I couldn't wait for it to happen.

Five decades have passed since then and whilst I have lived through some unbelievably euphoric moments (1973 Cup Final, 1975 League title, last day title wins, many significant European results, 55) there is something a bit more special that could be about to happen (I can't even compare the anticipation to 2008 when I didn't genuinely believe we would win).

Let's face it there is a genuinely good chance that we can win this and the anticipation and excitement surrounding it is reaching a very rare level - I am that 14-year old lad again.

Same outcome again please, Rangers.

I've been non stop the last week which has been a godsend. That's me off the rest of the week now and tomorrow is going to absolutely kill me.
I keep falling into daydreaming about us winning but having to pull myself back because it's the best feeling ever. I don't think I've ever wanted something so much.

I entertain the thought of winning it and I'm on the verge of years and I have to pull myself back

The thing that scares me the most is the little bit of confidence I have. It's a final, anything can happen. But if I was a neutral I would tip us and that gives me the fear.

I reckon I've developed some attention deficit disorder the past few weeks. I'm still franctially checking Ticombo for tickets desperate for them to fall despite already having them.

The longest period I've went without checking FF is probably the length of my showers. 'SOMETHING MUST HAVE HAPPENED'

If we were playing them in the group stage or something I would be confident but not overly confident. Because it's the final, I just can't get it in my head that we could win as it would mean we win the whole tournament.

They are undefeated in the tournament and beat teams like Barcelona and West Ham so preparing for the worst and hoping for the best.

Setting off at 5.30 tomorrow morning and full of total excitement. Can’t stop thinking about watching my team in a European final. What it would mean for Walter, Jimmy Bell and on our 150th anniversary. So proud of the team and players and chasing the felling of Leipzig.

Then the total fear of trains, planes and my phone battery dying and missing the game.

It’s going to be a rollercoaster, but we can really do this! C’mon Rangers!

They are undefeated in the tournament and beat teams like Barcelona and West Ham so preparing for the worst and hoping for the best.
That Barca result was terrific and if it was us it would be a famous win, but Barca also squeaked past Galatasaray the round before. I think beating Barca sounds a lot more impressive than it is. Their West Ham results worry me more, that was a very tricky tie well dealt with.

I've been non stop the last week which has been a godsend. That's me off the rest of the week now and tomorrow is going to absolutely kill me.
I keep falling into daydreaming about us winning but having to pull myself back because it's the best feeling ever. I don't think I've ever wanted something so much.
This. I can't stop thinking about it, but I also can't allow myself to think about winning it. I just want it so badly.

I cannot believe we're here, now, in the final with a genuine chance.

Said it before in the semis but it's even more accurate now.

Couldn't drive a straight pin up my arse with a sledgehammer B-D

Went to bed at midnight, had trouble dropping off and woke up at 5. I don’t even travel until tomorrow and I’m knackered already

Confident. No sense not being, as it just takes the shine off the build-up, and that's been so enjoyable.

I can honestly say the anticipation levels for this one are only matched by the run up to Barcelona 1972.

I am well in my sixties now but remember well how excited I was as a 14-year old in the run up to that ECWC Final. The thought that we were about to win a European trophy for the first time was almost overwhelming. Ended up sitting on the living room floor with my younger bro' listening to the game on my dad's radiogram. When Moscow Dynamo got their second I actually had to leave the room - even at that age I became a nervous wreck. It all ended well of course with that European trophy lifted.

Back in 1972 there was a feeling we were going to win that final game and I couldn't wait for it to happen.

Five decades have passed since then and whilst I have lived through some unbelievably euphoric moments (1973 Cup Final, 1975 League title, last day title wins, many significant European results, 55) there is something a bit more special that could be about to happen (I can't even compare the anticipation to 2008 when I didn't genuinely believe we would win).

Let's face it there is a genuinely good chance that we can win this and the anticipation and excitement surrounding it is reaching a very rare level - I am that 14-year old lad again.

Same outcome again please, Rangers.
Lovely summary fella. Let's hope tomorrow night brings back the same feeling that 14yo laddie had back then.

Watched their semi final game after ours and felt pretty confident that we would beat them if we played the way we have been.

The closer it gets to the final the more my arse is collapsing. Our players need to become legends on Wednesday night.

Back