Minutes silence

I'd like to think that some of the companies who sponsor these teams might think about cutting their ties with them, I certainly wouldn't want my business associated with them, the club statement from Dundee Utd is absolutely disgraceful.

I'd like to think that some of the companies who sponsor these teams might think about cutting their ties with them, I certainly wouldn't want my business associated with them, the club statement from Dundee Utd is absolutely disgraceful.
Complete non statement..shameful.

Which confuses me as even in a vote for independence that isn't necessarily a vote to become a Republic. That's a separate question entirely
On a non-football forum I used to be on there was a Scot who was a republican unionist as he wanted Scotland to be part of a UK republic.

I don't know why people are surprised.

A lot of people couldn't care less about the Queen or the Royal family, some are against them completely, and football fans will happily use it as a vehicle to be controversial.

Watching the videos, it is a small minority of mainly young arseholes. After what I've seen last week from all around the UK, they are an irrelevance.

Good old fashioned tram lines across their faces would teach them some manners.

Just cause a small number of away fans can shout the loudest doesn't make them the majority. It's obvious viewing the clips that the majority, even in the away end, wanted to pay respects to our Queen.
The scenes we had on Sunday is what the world will see and shows how much our Queen was loved in Scotland a few little neds won't change that.
I was there today and the majority of that disgusting away end did what they did, it wasn't a wee pocket, the whole end was disgraceful.

Didn’t want to do another thread on this…
Genuine question.
The football fans mentality, is it just that?
Football fans?
Thousands lined the streets in Aberdeen, Dundee and Edinburgh…
One guy seemed to be telling the Utd fans to shut up.
I work with Celtic fans disgusted with the banner of Wed.
Is it this young pissed up neddish footy fan behaviour?

Absolute disgusted by those bastardsnin that away section today ,heard keevins on clyde mention hibs fans also .what a sad sad country we live in
It’s all down to independence, republicism.
ie, ira and yesser.s
theres no other reason for hearts fans a week ago, and hearts requesting no silence or wearing armbands Thursday there.
utd fans today, st Mirren having an applause is an affront.
they should have had nothing if they can’t have a silence.
the away fans in Paisley will not do anything different tomorrow silence or applause.

Fucking disgraceful and embarrassing.

This country is full of bigoted, hateful, disgusting pieces of shit from top to fvcking bottom man.

Dreading tomorrow cause I know those bastards and St Mirren will be even worse.

Degenerate Bastards can't wait till that old swings and roundabouts come around .

That shower of degenerate scum alongside the rest will bemoan an interruption in the not too distant future when we are called upon to observe a mark of respect and they'll deserve everything coming their way given the vitriol directed at our club, players living and passed on .

They brought this on and the return is well and truly about to be served it's about more than today despite how despicable these degenerate lowlifes have gone.

Here's one for Armstrong and Osman.
Name an snp minister, msp or mp that condemned the disgusting behaviour by fans that disrupted the minutes silence.
Easiest answer ever.

I don't know why people are surprised.

A lot of people couldn't care less about the Queen or the Royal family, some are against them completely, and football fans will happily use it as a vehicle to be controversial.
If they dont like the Royal family, that's their choice but, they should shut up for 1 min to show respect or just not come in until the silence is over

We know that not everyone is a monarchist and agrees with having a king or queen as head state,I don’t have a problem with it democracy after all,There is a difference between utmost respect and unacceptable abuse.
There's a time and place for them to vent their collective spleens.

That's not during a minute's silence in honour of a monarch who had served our country, with decorum and grace, for over 70 years.

Quite frankly, they are oxygen thieves, nothing more.

For fear of a ban, I'll keep most of my opinions to myself. Fekkin disgusting behaviour from the lot of them. Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee United, and Sellic. Fekk them all. I, like many others await the condemnation from the media in Scotland. Won't be holding my breath, that's for sure.

Didn’t want to do another thread on this…
Genuine question.
The football fans mentality, is it just that?
Football fans?
Thousands lined the streets in Aberdeen, Dundee and Edinburgh…
One guy seemed to be telling the Utd fans to shut up.
I work with Celtic fans disgusted with the banner of Wed.
Is it this young pissed up neddish footy fan behaviour?

I mentioned that earlier on, is it just at football this happens or would you get it in other sports today if they had a minutes silence?

I can’t help but think it’s just an element of idiots that seem to be attached to football, neds that think it will give their street cred a boost by acting like they do.

I will support a motion to ban Dundee United support from entering Ibrox,and any rangers fans trip to tannadice,the queen's sorry kings blue pound can be spent elsewhere.

Should have all been put out after the game everyone and life bans from coming back.
Plenty of cameras proving who they all are. I hope they just put pictures out for folk to do their own payback. I’m not into violence, but sometimes, it is the only way.

Silences disrupted by Hearts, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen up here and at Arsenal, Notts F v Fulham and Spurs v Leicester. games. I think I heard songs at Bristol City game too and there's likely been more. It's been a minority though. Unfortunately some people feel stronger about the monarchy than they do about keeping their mouth shut while people are still grieving.

The single biggest issue in this country is anti British or anti English bigotry or racism, call it what you want.

It's Scotland's secret shame.

Thankfully I grew out of it.

I mentioned that earlier on, is it just at football this happens or would you get it in other sports today if they had a minutes silence?

I can’t help but think it’s just an element of idiots that seem to be attached to football, neds that think it will give their street cred a boost by acting like they do.
Sorry m8, but i have to disagree. Its nothing to do with street cred. It's obvious to see what they are, a bunch obsessed snp, yes voting, England, British, rangers and protestant hating scumbags!

I dont want to even go near the tv tomorrow when them lot play. Be like going on them shock video websites seeing stuff you dont want to see. Why do it to yourself. I like to keep in the company of people with decency and ignore any of the gutter trash.

I’m the same. Actively looking to get out to be honest. Disgusted I’m having to bring up my wee boy in a country that is (est.) 25% sheer scum
All i would say if everyone felt the way you seem to independence would be a shoo in. The proper response is no this is our country and they wont win and whenever if ever they get there indy ref 2 we will be here to say no to their fucking republican pish and Scotland will stay part of a United Kingdom . Fight or Flee i say fight .

I said on the Queen's thread last week, that it was the first time I've felt proud of the people of Scotland in the class shown towards Her Majesty.

This weekend of Football? Brings me back to square one, Scotland is a cesspit. Today we had junkies from Dundee and Edinburgh act like Vermin, tomorrow we have St Mirren bowing down to pressure from the scum and having an applause rather than a silence due to the shocking scenes we know will happen.

Shithole.

Why isn’t such behaviour deemed to be a breach of the peace, and therefore arrests made instantly? Just because it’s at a football match?

All i would say if everyone felt the way you seem to independence would be a shoo in. The proper response is no this is our country and they wont win and whenever if ever they get there indy ref 2 we will be here to say no to their fucking republican pish and Scotland will stay part of a United Kingdom . Fight or Flee i say fight .
You are right of course mate. It just feels fucking hopeless. Was standing there today seething having to listen to that with my lad and explain to him what its all about. Heartbreaking tbh.

Dunfermline fans also at it yesterday and you'll probably find Motherwell's wee 'well bhoy' fanny's will do something today. Scottish football ,outside Rangers is infested by Nationalist rats.

6 minutes in.

Silences disrupted by Hearts, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen up here and at Arsenal, Notts F v Fulham and Spurs v Leicester. games. I think I heard songs at Bristol City game too and there's likely been more. It's been a minority though. Unfortunately some people feel stronger about the monarchy than they do about keeping their mouth shut while people are still grieving.
Was there a disturbance during the silence at the Spurs vs Leicester? I watched that game and dont recall anything. I must have went to make a coffee during this.

Been saying it for 10+ years, stop giving the cunts our money. Reject away tickets. Don’t give them tickets at Ibrox. Starve the bastards to death.

With the political / media set up in Scotland, we should all know the script by now.
After a few weeks covering up, you will get the odd comment that says ' The silence was disrupted by anti-monarchy chants at several football grounds, including Hibernian's Easter Road, St Mirren's Lover Street and Rangers' Ibrox stadium. - draw your own conclusions.

If companies are still of a mind to sponsor the filth then sponsoring the likes of that mob after yesterday doesn't even regsiter as a sneeze in the grand scheme of things.

You are right of course mate. It just feels fucking hopeless. Was standing there today seething having to listen to that with my lad and explain to him what its all about. Heartbreaking tbh.
Agree totally its hard not to feel that some sort of retribution would not have been appropriate but what level. Ballot box is one way not to get political but too many presbyterian protestants for a better word must have voted for independence its they voters that should be alarmed at this outcome basically these scum that are being disrespectful are the ones that you will be sharing a country with .

On a non-football forum I used to be on there was a Scot who was a republican unionist as he wanted Scotland to be part of a UK republic.
To me that's not a huge break from where we are. Its an opinion I can respect as its not built on xenophobia but rather a question of do we need the monarchy. And rather than simply saying its all England's fault its an attempt to find solutions within what we have. What we have isn't perfect but it surely isn't that bad? A unionist republican might be a bit radical but it makes more sense than Scottish independence to me

Have we as a club condemned the United supporters for their sick behaviour yesterday?

( I am just asking a question)

Back