Miovski

I think he’s good and he’s proven in our league but they’ll only sell at a crazy price point and I can’t see us going there.

Decent player bit we will be priced out of him and been rumours for a while that the scum are sniffing about him.
For a cheap spl option I would be looking at Theo Bair from Motherwell for that plan B type centre forward. Anytime i see him he is a total handful and is scoring goals for a poor team.

Age and sell on value means he has to be a preferred pick over Shankland
If they were both the same price absolutely.

If he was anything like £6-7m we will not be in for him, Shankland with a year of his contract to go would cost what, £2m maybe.

Our funds will be somewhat limited this summer, we're already committed to buying Diomande, and want to buy Sima although I'm not sure we can afford to.

I wouldn't be adverse to Shankland at the right price and even McBurnie on a free as a third striker and to offer something different on occasion it is needed.

Decent player bit we will be priced out of him and been rumours for a while that the scum are sniffing about him.
For a cheap spl option I would be looking at Theo Bair from Motherwell for that plan B type centre forward. Anytime i see him he is a total handful and is scoring goals for a poor team.
Therein lies the problem. They’ll hoover up the best striker and we’ve to go for some plodder having a purple patch for Motherwell.

Therein lies the problem. They’ll hoover up the best striker and we’ve to go for some plodder having a purple patch for Motherwell.
The thing is we probably wont even go for him despite having a good spell. If recent transfers are anything to go by we will sign someone who had a purple patch in a foreign league 5 years ago. I honestly wouldnt mind us taking the chance on a couple of players who have had some success in our league provided the price is low. Under clement we are a team who like to go direct at times bit we dont have a forward who can win headers or hold up the ball properly.

How's Ryan Jack and Scott Wright doing for Celtic these days?
Jack was a straight up Bosman, and Wright was also a Bosman with a deal being made with McCrorie.

The point still stands that Aberdeen will be reluctant to sell any player to us.

Today was only his 2nd goal in 11 games I'm sure I heard. If that was for us then he'd be getting Dessers level of abuse. I do agree he is a very good player though.

Today was only his 2nd goal in 11 games I'm sure I heard. If that was for us then he'd be getting Dessers level of abuse. I do agree he is a very good player though.
He’s playing in a brutal Aberdeen team, though, who haven’t settled all season and have had about 4 different managers.

Very good finisher.

Not sure he could lead the line for us, albeit, he’s better than Dessers, imo.

Long term, you’d think he could be a rotational 2nd striker type who’d do well for us.

Think they’ll have to sell this summer to fund a rebuild.

He should go to the EFL.

I like him. He's the best striker in Scotland for me and a better all round player compared to Shankland.

I just don't think we can afford him, not with the amount of new players required on top.

I'm not so sure we'll need as many new players as some claim. Our main problem has been weak leadership particularly in the defensive half (a couple of them down in part to recurring injuries) and the lack of a consistent goalscorer other than at right back. We've lacked width recently but that has resulted from the injuries to Sima, McCausland and Cortes to which you can also throw in Danilo who looked useful during his short period in the team. Our "leadership" players haven't really led - replace them and the rest can step up a bit as some of them did earlier in Clement's reign.

Think he’ll cost too much for us, right good player though.

We should be signing players like Miovski before they end up £6m players.

Back