Miovski

I like him. He's the best striker in Scotland for me and a better all round player compared to Shankland.

I just don't think we can afford him, not with the amount of new players required on top.
It’s been argued many a time.
I’d probably agree but, the home player rules type of stuff made Shankland a better option.

I was looking at stats last night. Tav has 17 goals, forget how many assists, but he has made 17 Big chances that have been missed. So that 1 player has set up 17 sitters. Is an absolute joke.

Terrified their backline and always takes his chances. We should be looking at him for next season.
He was subject of a 5 million quid bid last August from a Serie A team and Dolly knocked it back. He won't stay in Scotland imo and if he did we won't sign him, as he scores goals. We don't sign goal scoring strikers.

Dessers and many others have shown that you don't need to be a brilliant player to score goals in this league.

For the £7m or so Miovski would cost, we should be looking to get Shankland for a couple of million (at most) and a young player from the continent for a few million. Those plus Danilo coming back would help up front.

We need to invest heavily in a new spine, without that we'll be playing second fiddle for a while to come. Find the money and make it happen.

We'll be quoted a high price somewhere like 7 million but he'll end up leaving for the championship for a few million less.

Sorry mate but tried and tested in this league doesn't make you a £7m player
I’m think the fact he’s regularly scored goals against us & them this season will push his value up.

Warnock was also raving about him too.

I’d think it would take upwards of £5m to have a chance of getting him.

Fair play to the sheep for scouting him he seems a good player and scored a few goals in this league depending how much the sheep want we should be enquiring about him.

They will want 5/6/7 million for him.
And I would say let’s pay it. He knows the league and will score goals, better than brining in forward from another league for the price and hoping they do well. Probs could have got him for what we paid for Dessers. We need to start picking up the players doing well in our league and mixing them with others from outside Scotland. All this talk of Aberdeen not wanting to sell to us is just rubbish, pay the asking price and they will sell, especially when the player wants to go

He’s playing in a brutal Aberdeen team, though, who haven’t settled all season and have had about 4 different managers.
Yes that’s fair but lower expectations also mean that he’s under less personal pressure. And that helps strikers. The best thrive on pressure and our strikers definitely face that every week.

Aberdeen have not (and will never) willingly sell a player to us after 2012.

It's part of why the "Well, if we offered £3m for Lewis Ferguson they will sell because money always talks" nonsense was so frustrating every week for about 5 years.

Aberdeen would rather sell a player to England or abroad for a loss or to Celtic for an equivalent bid than try to have transfer negotiations with us.

Even for players running down contracts, they will do everything make sure the player goes elsewhere and not accept a pre-contract with us.

I honestly do not get how some of the people on this forum either willingly or unwillingly refuse to understand this.

Aberdeen have not (and will never) willingly sell a player to us after 2012.

It's part of why the "Well, if we offered £3m for Lewis Ferguson they will sell because money always talks" nonsense was so frustrating every week for about 5 years.

Aberdeen would rather sell a player to England or abroad for a loss or to Celtic for an equivalent bid than try to have transfer negotiations with us.

Even for players running down contracts, they will do everything make sure the player goes elsewhere and not accept a pre-contract with us.

I honestly do not get how some of the people on this forum either willingly or unwillingly refuse to understand this.
Absolutely spot on. The very second Ferguson signed his new deal with them it made it impossible for us to sign him.

Come to think of it, I think the last player we signed from any Scottish club for a transfer fee was David Templeton, other than a couple of players who had already signed pre-contracts.

And I would say let’s pay it. He knows the league and will score goals, better than brining in forward from another league for the price and hoping they do well. Probs could have got him for what we paid for Dessers. We need to start picking up the players doing well in our league and mixing them with others from outside Scotland. All this talk of Aberdeen not wanting to sell to us is just rubbish, pay the asking price and they will sell, especially when the player wants to go
With whose money? It's not a computer game

Absolutely spot on. The very second Ferguson signed his new deal with them it made it impossible for us to sign him.

Come to think of it, I think the last player we signed from any Scottish club for a transfer fee was David Templeton, other than a couple of players who had already signed pre-contracts.

Greg Docherty £600,000.

Really? This league is worth 60 million, he's a guy that can win a league if he has a decent team behind him.
We won 55 and got to a European final and neither time did it bring in crazy revenue, not even Doncaster could pluck a crazy figure like £60m from his ass

Am sure there was a rumour he was a target for paedos in Jan, if not before. Imagine would be a target but we'd have to do a great job to get him considering the bottle jobs we've shown to be over last couple seasons

He's apparently personally liked by their manager, who is likely to get full control of recruitment. I'd say if he wants him they will get him.

He may not be too keen on sitting on their bench most weeks which would very likely be the case if he joins them. That's the way it will be for any striker joining them while Kyogo's there. I think he'll have more than one option in the summer so it's not a cert he'd go there if given the chance.

We won 55 and got to a European final and neither time did it bring in crazy revenue, not even Doncaster could pluck a crazy figure like £60m from his ass
It did bring in crazy revenue, we just had a lot to pay out. It's partly about what the champions league money this year (which will be the highest ever, and closer to the 60mn figure than not) could do for us, and partly about keeping it out of their hands. Miovski could have put multiple away for us if we had bought him - and we'd probably be able to sell him for profit too.

Terrified their backline and always takes his chances. We should be looking at him for next season.
We couldn't afford him, sadly I think he will end up at parkhead.. I don't understand were Rangers fans think we are getting millions to spend.. 3 players next yr for me should be shankland connor barron and the young lad from mwell..

It makes you potentially a £25m Atletico Madrid signing though … O’Riley has done nothing on the international or European stage, literally only has his Scottish Premiership form to speak of, yet he’ll go for stupid money like all their f**king players.
When O’Riley scored their third, Kheredine Idessane had him valued at £22M.

His initial £2M fee plus an additional £20M on top. This is what we as a club are up against when national broadcasters come away with guff like this.

Back