Momentum for the game v Scum

WalterSmith72

Breaking the FF post virginity here

I am right buzzing for the game tomorrow and the feelings that a hopeful win will bring. If we can get the next two league games won at least, and even better with the cup game included too going into the game V them the place will be absolutely rocking, much like the Hibs game in the championship but next level. I get the feeling going into they games when the fans are in that mood it rubs right off on the players and there can only be one winner. Big big game tomorrow lets hope the players are up for it !

Congratulations on popping your cherry. I feel it's vital we win every game between now the game against them. Give our players some much needed confidence.

Also hoping they might drop further points before then to show they aren't completely the invincible side the media makes them out to be & place doubt in their minds.

That match will then take care of itself.

Sniff Sniff :D

Anyway, we need to win our next few games convincingly to build up player and fan confidence going into this game! score loads of goals and concede very few would be brilliant! I think Fan confidence is a major factor going into the scum game!

Win our next 3 games and we should have all the momentum and confidence we need going into that game. The players need to start having belief in themselves.

I've been saying this on a couple of threads, it would be surprising if the scum were to drop points between now and the 23rd (although not impossible), but regardless of what they do or don't do, it's vital for our own confidence that we win our upcoming games so we go into the match against them in the best shape. I also now believe we have several players who would be able to handle the occasion unlike last season.

Absolutely this. We need to get in to the habit of winning games regularly. The habit we had last season of maybe winning 2 or 3, then dropping stupid points simply has to stop happening. We need a winning mentality.

Congratulations on popping your cherry. I feel it's vital we win every game between now the game against them. Give our players some much needed confidence.

Also hoping they might drop further points before then to show they aren't completely the invincible side the media makes them out to be & place doubt in their minds.

That match will then take care of itself.

Haha cheers mate felt good, been viewing for a while without a profile time felt right, dembele and griffiths out tonight with Hamilton coming off a crackin result against Hibs, also pre champions league so lets hope for a slip

Win our next 3 games and we should have all the momentum and confidence we need going into that game. The players need to start having belief in themselves.

Players and the fans need to give a bit of belief and backing to the manager, can't believe there was forums running the other week about who his replacement should be, Ibrox is full but a lot of people can't wait for a mistake so they can have a go, totally rubs off on the team

Would love a run on wins ,1/0 do me,but convincing wins will definitely build confidence.
But I'd rather churn out wins ,so we it gets the wining habit for the squad

These early results more than not usually shape the dynamic of the league. I am quite comfortable at the moment with what we are doing but we must get a solid momentum going in the next couple of games before we host the mentally challengeds.

Just win. That's the message in the lead up to that game.

Ideally, I'd ban the Bheasts from Ibrox as well.

I'll settle for four wins from the next four games. Performances are secondary at this point. We badly need to get some momentum going then the performances will take care of themselves as confidence builds in the players.

I'll settle for four wins from the next four games. Performances are secondary at this point. We badly need to get some momentum going then the performances will take care of themselves as confidence builds in the players.
Get the winning mentality sorted and the confidence will come

I've been saying this on a couple of threads, it would be surprising if the scum were to drop points between now and the 23rd (although not impossible), but regardless of what they do or don't do, it's vital for our own confidence that we win our upcoming games so we go into the match against them in the best shape. I also now believe we have several players who would be able to handle the occasion unlike last season.
I'd be more surprised if they don't drop points. It's highly unlikely any team could drop so few points two seasons in a row. Late winners, etc. one season can turn into draws and some single goal defeats the next. We just need to focus on our own results and performances and stay close enough to take advantage if and when they have a proper slump in form.

I think the mentally challengeds may struggle tonight. Plastic pitch, players tired after internationals and Hamilton players fresh and raring to go. If they do drop points then it is an absolute must that we make the most of it!!

Last season I went into every Game V them fearing and expecting the worst. This one is completely different and this team look as if they are all up for the challenge. I truly do believe we will win at Ibrox and then we will see just how good a team the mentally challengeds are!!

We need to be making games against the likes of opponents we face in the next three look easy and picking up wins more routinely. Momentum is obviously a big factor in terms of the season as a whole, but whether we win the next three building up to the 23rd in style or not, we know form doesn't necessarily count for much in those games. We should be up for it like f*ck when hosting the stain brigade regardless!

Haha cheers mate felt good, been viewing for a while without a profile time felt right, dembele and griffiths out tonight with Hamilton coming off a crackin result against Hibs, also pre champions league so lets hope for a slip
sorry I'm exactly the same as you still tryingvto work my way around..Great to see someone else with a positive outlook I've posted similar thoughts in other threads they are nowhere near as good as is being made out in the media or by some of our own fans ffs. I'm confident we will get a cup this year and we will run the full race for the title.lets put the shits right up the unwashed and do it with our usual class no crowing just class we are better than all the rest

Last edited:
I think the mentally challengeds may struggle tonight. Plastic pitch, players tired after internationals and Hamilton players fresh and raring to go. If they do drop points then it is an absolute must that we make the most of it!!

Last season I went into every Game V them fearing and expecting the worst. This one is completely different and this team look as if they are all up for the challenge. I truly do believe we will win at Ibrox and then we will see just how good a team the mentally challengeds are!!

Exactly what I am getting at mate, was almost a sense of going to those games knowing the outcome, but what a difference it will make v them if the crowd believe too

Said on a couple of threads that we need to be winning the next 3 games, hopefully the 2 league games by a few goals, to get the confidence up going into that game.

It would be nice if we could win on the 23rd and go ahead of them even if it is on goal difference.

No matter what happens over the next 3 games, this board will have a mix of optimistic, pessimistic, bravado and fear posts, it's just the way it is.
Like others have said, we look much better equipped to deal with the Mhanks this season. Lets get 3 wins then bring it on.

If they lose or draw tonight and we win tomorrow then the momentum will snow ball and lets see if they can deal with the pressure on them for the first time in years. Feeling hopeful.

Next two games are vital, don't think we've one three in a row under Pedro? This would be the ideal time to put that right, every game up until we play them is a must win

We definitely need to be winning all our games between now and the scum game and gather as much momentum for it.

Like Pedro has said I hope Dundee actually come and have a go so we can pick them off with our pace.

Think it will be an interesting game tomorrow and an even more so interesting lineup ;)

Back