Morelos agent : Rangers not looking for a massive fee

Could argue that it is worth spending big on his wage for 6 months to keep him happy, then sell?

No brainer for me. New contract, longer term adds value. More wages and a higher release fee. If no one meets our value in the summer then we have Morelos starting next season for the Champions League qualifiers.

People not see it’s the SUN shit stirring as usual to sell papers a five year old could have made that story up, no wonder the SUN is hated. It’s very possible Alfie will go, however let’s see it well after the end of the Season. As a P.S. anyone know if his previous Club have got a, “Sell On?”
They do stir the pot but would face a claim from all parties involved if this wasn’t a real quote. Quote is real, the sun stir shite and his agent wants some money himself for a move

The high profile, selfish ones give agents a bad name.

But there's loads who do good work for players. The fact is that clubs have taken advantage of players in the past, and would continue to do so given the chance.

Aye fair point cant tar them all with the same brush

Clearly not. 25 million as a base for negotiation,if Tierney is worth that then Alfie is upwards of 30. Could be the rags stirring it desperate to see the back of him,which has been the vibe for weeks,even when the gaffer comes out and says he's not moving.
Tierney had CL experience and was a regular for his national team, however balancing that is that strikers tend to go for more.
Realistically, anything north of 20 million would be enough for Rangers to sell him at the end of the season.

Headline grabbing pish. The guy says that Alfie's value will continue to increase: true. And that he's not going to cost the world: true in the context of an EPL team.

These threads give me the fear.

£36m is not massive.

£48m is not massive.

£50m - well, that may be the massive threshold.

25 million is average for a striker in the lower end EPL or championship Ollie McBurnie for example

40 million is about a massive fee now

an agent doing what an agent does, but if he thinks we will sell him on the cheap then i think he's had too much colombian.

a
Aston villa and crystal palace give me a break they are no mark teams why would alfredo go to any of them he wont play in european comps and win anything with these 2 teams
Palace are an established prem side, he gets to show his worth to the big boys in the same league, and get his big move. Van dyke did it via Southampton.

Pretty naive to think Rangers would tell an agent that they'd accept a certain figure when the player may well be worth several £millions more, no?

Stewart Robertson at a question and answer session at ORSA valued him at the same price as Dembele in the region of 20 million, that was naive.

Pretty naive to think Rangers would tell an agent that they'd accept a certain figure when the player may well be worth several £millions more, no?
I think there will have been conversations where it's been discussed what is acceptable.
Pretty sure it's been mentioned from inside the club previously but that figure will have grown over time.
His agent will know that if team x bids (eg) 10 million they are wasting their time and won't encourage them.
Agents make percentages so is in their best interest to be aware of the situation and help get the highest price.

In this day and age the likes of 20 million /30 million is penny’s to English clubs.
Massive is hitting 60/70 million

This actually works in our favour. Teams now come in with low ball offers in Jan and we kindly tell them to feck off and not to be stupid. He stays and we win the league

I doubt anyone is taking this the wrong way, it's just his agent pushing for a move. Wouldn't pay attention to anything that guy says. There are no consequences for him if he's lying.

That can be taken the wrong way, £25M is not a high value to English teams but its a fortune for us.
No where near enough for him, we have an icon here, a gem if you like who we can command big fee from some of thee top clubs, whe you score consistently in the Europa league as Morelos has 11 this season you have a very valuable asset on your hands he's got to be for me 28-30 bracket given his much improved discipline, and if he breaks his duck v them and continues his great form then it's 35 mill plus, got to be

Back