Morelos, Itten, Defoe, Roofe

JamesMc

Come Saturday will we have any strikers 100 %
itten - seems to be carrying an injury and was injured before international duty
Roofe - most likely to be out
Defoe - seem to be having problems and won’t me match fit
Morelos - I read somewhere doesn’t arrive back to Friday night after taking 3 flights to get back

You might find Morelos will be on a private jet back to europe with some of the other Colombian players.

Everton play Liverpool early Saturday so they will no doubt want Rodriguez and Mina home as early as possible.

Tottenham, Bournemouth and Brighton also all have players away as well as Juventus, Leverkusen, Atlanta etc.

Morelos would be the obvious choice but if he is jet-lagged I'd go for Roofe (if fit).

You might find Morelos will be on a private jet back to europe with some of the other Colombian players.

Everton play Liverpool early Saturday so they will no doubt want Rodriguez and Mina home as early as possible.

Tottenham, Bournemouth and Brighton also all have players away as well as Juventus, Leverkusen, Atlanta etc.
Good shout, hopefully that's the case.

I want doesn't equal I get. Add to the fact a lot of South Americans are very patriotic.

Was hoping James Rodriguez would have a private plane Alfie could grab a lift home on...can’t imaging a player of his profile taking 3 flights home!

Was bracing myself for "have all tested positive for..."

I can only see Morelos being the starter, but as you've pointed out I can see him maybe getting the hour with Itten on for 30. Defoe if we're cruising or chasing, seems to be the default.

Don't really see the correlation between being patriotic and getting a private charteted flight home instead of 2+ stops commercial flights.

Liverpool, City etc. have done it in the past.

sorry mate is misread it, thought you meant fly home early before final matches.

I like the idea of Roofe starting and Morelos coming off the bench for the last half an hour or vise versa.

It keeps the intensity up, keeps them guessing and gives us options.

Although they are similar types, I think Roofe brings others into play more whereas Morelos is a better out ball.

I like the idea of Roofe starting and Morelos coming off the bench for the last half an hour or vise versa.

It keeps the intensity up, keeps them guessing and gives us options.

Although they are similar types, I think Roofe brings others into play more whereas Morelos is a better out ball.

You think Roofe will have the physicality to lead our line at Parkhead?

The only argument i could see for starting Itten would be for defending set pieces if they start with Julian, Duffy and Ajer.

Can't see who else matches up with them beside Goldson and Helander.

itten - seems to be carrying an injury and was injured before international duty
Morelos - I read somewhere doesn’t arrive back to Friday night after taking 3 flights to get back

dont worry snow.-flake, all will be ok

Why are people suggesting Itten should start? He's yet to start a match for us, so why does anyone think Gerrard is going to toss him in at the Paedodome?

The club should be chartering a flight for Morelos for a game of this importance.

I don’t get this “it’s a no brainer”. Morelos hasn’t exactly been playing well. He’s been poor and isn’t due back in the country until Friday after several flights more than likely.

Roofe, Coming back from Injury and hasn't exactly looked like he is up to speed
Itten, Bar Motherwell he has looked lost, also got a niggle
Defoe , Our play away from home just doesn't suit Defoe up front, and last year is in my mind.

That's why it is a no brainer , he might not have scored against them but the Tim defence are terrified of Morelos, he batters them all over the back line, he occupies both Centre backs and it will be vital for Kent running in behind.

Good analysis/homework, thanks :))

His track record of injury and his current absence suggest he's not our best solution for this game.

That wasn't the question though. You asked if he was strong enough to lead the line at Parkhead and he absolutely is. Pound for Pound he will be right up there as one of the strongest guys in our whole squad.

Fitness is another issue as he will be 4 weeks without a game come this Saturday. Lets be honest though, none of our striking options for this week are ideal. They all have various issues. None of them will be 100% and at their best for this Saturday, so we don't have a no brainer option as it stands to be honest. Whoever we start is going to be a gamble for different reasons.

Just off an 18 hour+ journey from Chile? I'm not so sure.
Correct me if I am wrong but the game is 1:30am Wednesday morning?

I would imagine he is on a private flight back this time, He is used to the traveling, It sounds more like people are looking for excuses not to start him tbh.

Why are people suggesting Itten should start? He's yet to start a match for us, so why does anyone think Gerrard is going to toss him in at the Paedodome?
He has started a couple of games for us. Because he’s a good player and Morelos has been poor enough without the effect of jet lag. If Roofe was fit I would go with him but he won’t be ready.

Tough call for Gerrard imo, assuming all available.
Lets face it, Morelos appears to be jinxed in this fixture. Literally nothing has gone his way in them at all and whilst it will hopefully change at some point, he's not exactly bang in form at the moment and will be back late from international duty.

Roofe or Itten would be a bit of a gamble though, both new to the fixture and struggled for fitness and consistent game time so far. I think Roofe would be the preferred option if he had been playing regularly but would be a big ask for his first game in over a month.

And I love JD but he's hardly kicked a ball for us so far this season and while he's a supreme finisher, he doesn't add much to our overall build up play out with that.

Ultimately, I think it will be Alfie though and I hope this is finally the game where the wee man puts them to the sword and makes us all happy bears.

Given Alfie's poor record against the scum up till now - the law of averages alone suggests he's overdue a goal against them

Un-scientific as that may be - I still want him on the park - because that shower will target him again - he'll give them problems whether he scores or not
Hopefully he'll also tie them up in knots allowing others to profit

Like I say he'll be a target for them & Beaton will punish him for turning up - so here we go again - Alfie's temperament will be just as important- if not more so - than his form imo

Back