Morelos, Itten or Roofe up front on Sun?

Morelos, Itten or Roofe up front on Sun?

• Morelos

Votes: 63 6.3%
  • Itten

Votes: 593 59.0%
  • Roofe

Votes: 349 34.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hero to zero in no time at all, he has been an amazing player for us but his cant be arsed attitude and performances since the turn of the year have not been of the quality prior to that, as many have said i hope a deal is done so we can crack on and Alf can continue his hopefully blossoming career with his wife and daughter by his side.
Playing Morelos in his current form is like being a man down.

Was Itten missing the last game of the Swiss season a precaution? Is so, start him.

Is Roofe fit?

I thought he was nursing an injury, that may have been code for “transfer pending” though

I think Alfie needs to go,clearly he wants to be elsewhere and for me the sooner the better because it's just hanging over the club,so get it done and move on. We've had better players than Alfie leave us and still won leagues. I don't think he'll play and ,as a few have said off Itten is ready to play then I go for him

The king is dead, long live the king

I am clearly in the minority here but I would still play him - I doubt Roofe is match fit

Roofe is probably not at the level he needs to be but has played and scored in preseason. I’d guess he’s in better condition than Buff.

Not sure or not if Morelos will keep his place. If Morelos head wasnt turned then it'd be Morelos through the middle, Itten on the right. Itten is match fit, Roofe it seems isnt.

Need to start going with our new signings that will be here for the season.
Morelos looked like he was towing a caravan last night.

Pains me to say this but Alfies' time has come and gone. He just looks disinterested now. If either Roofe or Itten are match fit they get the shirt. With Roofe being able to play wide there could be an opportunity to fit both of them but it depends on their fitness.

I would 100% throw Itten in from the start, the boy looks a good poacher/finisher and will do him good to get a taste early. Morelos, as much as I love him, looks disintersted and well out of form. Even if he stays (which i highly doubt) a spell on the bench is what he needs. Roofe hasnt played a lot lately so would give him last half hour if we are doing well, or even if we are struggling and need a system change.

I really hope Alfredo is away by then, so we can say thanks and not turn against him completely for lack of giving a shit for the fans or his team mates. Either way, I'd love to see us go:

Kent, Itten, Roofe
Hagi, Aribo
Kamara
Borna, Balogun, Goldson, Tav
Shagger

Get right into them, I don't think we need 2 defensive minded midfielders in the league other than against the filth, we should be going all out against them with the attacking quality we have.

I'd start Helander as he was superb last night and is in my opinion our best defender, but given we have strength in depth and Balogun did so well at the weekend, it will be good to ease him back in.

Last edited:
Itten and Roofe both to start. If you can’t do it v St Mirren when can you?

As for Morelos, funny how those of us who said he looked unfit v Aberdeen are only now being supported... didn’t like saying it but it was fact. He has been a disgrace in pre-season up to now. Looks slow, laboured and disinterested. Thanks for your efforts Alfie but definitely need to go ASAP now.

Itten's been playing competitive games & is fully sharp. He'll get the nod.

No idea about Roofe's fitness, hasn't played a competitive game since December. Most likely on the bench.

Would hope Morelos is nowhere near the starting lineup, even if he's still at the club.

I really like the look of the 4231 line up posted on the thread but I’ve got a feeling this will be the team

McGregor

Tav Goldson Balogun Barisic

Jack Kamara Aribo

Hagi Kent

Itten​

Last edited:
I really hope Alfredo is away by then, so we can say thanks and not turn against him completely for lack of giving a shit for the fans or his team mates. Either way, I'd love to see us go:

Kent, Itten, Roofe
Hagi, Aribo
Kamara
Borna, Balogun, Goldson, Tav
Shagger

Get right into them, I don't think we need 2 defensive minded midfielders in the league other than against the filth, we should be going all out against them with the attacking quality we have.

I'd start Helander as he was superb last night and is in my opinion our best defender, but given we have strength in depth and Balogun did so well at the weekend, it will be good to ease him back in.
I'd go with that too (if Roofe is fit), except swap Kamara for Jack.

If Roofe isn't fit, I'd be tempted to go with Morelos in the wide-right position and give him one last chance to go out with a bang. St Mirren wouldn't know what hit them.

I don’t think Morelos should start again unless we get to October and no one has bought him.

We have options now and expensive ones at that. Time to use them.

Love Alfredo, but last night he was just stoatin' aboot. I'd play both of the new strikers. It's St Mirren for christs sake.

Latest posts

Back