Morelos returning early from international duty

I’ve been clear from the other day. He should never have travelled in the first place. Had he declared himself injured, not a chance Colombia would have demanded he travel that far just so they could check he wasn’t at it

He now has 7 days to be fit for next weekends game.

You and your fellow cronies look a tad silly though with your defence of this situation. He’s been carrying an injury for weeks and It’s now clear he was carrying an injury when he travelled to Colombia, as I said all along in the other thread :)
The rules state that Rangers are obliged to release him. By turning up, the Colombian medical staff can assess him, he doesn’t fall out with the federation and he still has a full week to get fit. You’re missing the point here. It wasn’t a choice not to travel. That actual rule states ‘clubs are obliged to release players for international matches’. If we don’t, we could be fined and the player suspended.

@Grigo Yossarian Have I missed RJ having to return early from international duty because of injury?
I know he played about 15 mins. Was he injured? Did he pick up a knock?

No mate, but he’s been playing with an injury for longer than Morelos mate.

Both want to play for their countries, and despite what we think at club level we need to accept that loyalty to their countries.

The rules state that Rangers are obliged to release him. By turning up, the Colombian medical staff can assess him, he doesn’t fall out with the federation and he still has a full week to get fit. You’re missing the point here. It wasn’t a choice not to travel. That actual rule states ‘clubs are obliged to release players for international matches’. If we don’t, we could be fined and the player suspended.
If Rangers / Morelos picked up the phone to advise of the injury, not a chance they’d have demanded he flew out just for proof.

As far as I’m aware, Rogic never flew out to Australia despite his injury?

Most national teams will be reasonable. It was as clear as day Morelos was struggling with an injury in Belgrade and then 3 days later at Dundee.

It’s not that I’m not getting it. I know what you’re saying but I’m just not buying it. We’ve had plenty players over the years that have withdrawn from national squads through injury and haven’t been forced to join up with the team

If Rangers / Morelos picked up the phone to advise of the injury, not a chance they’d have demanded he flew out just for proof.

Most national teams will be reasonable. It was as clear as day Morelos was struggling with an injury in Belgrade and then 3 days later at Dundee.

It’s not that I’m not getting it. I know what you’re saying but I’m just not buying it. We’ve had plenty players over the years that have withdrawn from national squads through injury and haven’t been forced to join up with the team
Maybe it’s a minor injury and Morelos thought he’d have a chance of playing?

You have no evidence of that. Bearing in mind this is the same folk who dragged him all the way over last time knowing he wouldn't feature, it absolutely seems like something they'd insist upon.

You have no evidence of that. Bearing in mind this is the same folk who dragged him all the way over last time knowing he wouldn't feature, it absolutely seems like something they'd insist upon.
Also - After Morelos didn’t feature in the first game the last break Rangers were in contact with the Colombian FA to release him however the coach insisted he stayed with the group and he didn’t make the bench again and subsequently missed the last OF game. To say Colombia or the coach would just say ‘aye no bother’ if we or Morelos phoned to say he was injured after playing up at Dens Park is fantasy. They were within their rights to make him travel - every international team would be the same, they’ve since assessed him and he is injured so he’s been released.

Also - After Morelos didn’t feature in the first game the last break Rangers were in contact with the Colombian FA to release him however the coach insisted he stayed with the group and he didn’t make the bench again and subsequently missed the last OF game. To say Colombia or the coach would just say ‘aye no bother’ if we or Morelos phoned to say he was injured after playing up at Dens Park is fantasy. They were within their rights to make him travel - every international team would be the same, they’ve since assessed him and he is injured so he’s been released.
But why look at facts and reality when you can just use conjecture and hypotheticals to have a dig at the player?

You can repeat the facts to Del any number of times, but if it doesn’t suit his agenda he doesn’t want to know about it.

Last edited:
We knew he was injured before he went. He’s had the same injury for a couple weeks now. It hasn’t cleared up with a few days rest so he’s on his way back for further rest. I expect he’ll be fine to play Sunday. He’ll have had two weeks rest by that point. Whether he is 100% or still nursing the injury is another thing though and no breaks till end of May!

Spot on. He wasn't in the squad again for the last game and still wasn't released, they had him sitting in the stand during the match.

All the evidence points towards the Colombian FA being arseholes but the usual suspects on here immediately blame Morelos.

Two different situations you’re comparing

Last break he was fit to play which is why they didn’t release him early.

This time he was carrying an injury when he travelled, he took part in at least one training session, possibly 2 going by his social media posts before being declared injured and sent home.

That suggests to me the player declared himself fit to train. If the player stated he was injured, he wouldn’t have trained.

Many players declare themselves unfit to play and aren’t asked to travel to the country just to prove that. Lafferty is the only player I can think of where the FA has invoked the rule and IIRC Rangers weren’t happy with how Lafferty went about that situation either.

I think the wee man has played a blinder if he pulled out the squad they could inforce a ban on him playing in the game against the beggars he goes tells them he’s got a muscle injury he gets pulled from the squad stays on the right side of that looney manager his wife and baby flying over to meet him for a wee visit to the family and what ever else he has to do they pay for his flights comes back plays on Sunday keeps the beggars guessing scores the winner and job’s a good one well done Alfie.

I’m certain we didn’t send him off to Colombia with an issue that would immediately put him out of the following games and I’m also certain that their medical team wouldn’t exacerbate the issue. He now has almost a whole week to prepare for the game against them, it’s all good.

I would be less than ‘certain’ on many of those points. God knows what standard of care he’s getting over there plus our own medical team and back room team have been making a fair few balls up of late

The league would be over if Roofe’s sub appearance's never happened.
Aberdeen and Dundee.
Alfie has looked slow and his finishing has been not his usual.
I hope he is fit but KR on from the start doesn’t worry me.
Play them both maybe?
We have to attack these tramps.
It's no surprise that he's picked up this injury, he's been playing constantly without much of a breather and that was my concern. Just hope he's well rested and hopefully he'll be up and ready for them.

No mate, but he’s been playing with an injury for longer than Morelos mate.

Both want to play for their countries, and despite what we think at club level we need to accept that loyalty to their countries.

What is the issue with Jack please and is this likely to have an impact on him playing for the rest of the season?

I think the wee man has played a blinder if he pulled out the squad they could inforce a ban on him playing in the game against the beggars he goes tells them he’s got a muscle injury he gets pulled from the squad stays on the right side of that looney manager his wife and baby flying over to meet him for a wee visit to the family and what ever else he has to do they pay for his flights comes back plays on Sunday keeps the beggars guessing scores the winner and job’s a good one well done Alfie.
I with you on this

He'll start Sunday and score

What is the issue with Jack please and is this likely to have an impact on him playing for the rest of the season?

I’m just saying that Jack has had a long running calf injury, he got it operated on in the last year, he has returned but has been taken off early & left out a few times already since his return, so needs protected more than Morelos, who’s injury was first noticed by fans in the RSB home match, albeit it may have been bothering him prior to that.

I know no more than any other Rangers fan.

Colombia haven't helped but this is on us. We played him constantly against dross when we all knew he needed rest.
If he hadn’t played against said dross and we failed to win, Gio would have been slaughtered

I’m sorry but this is mostly on the player. He knew he was injured, he should have informed Colombia accordingly instead of flying out to train only for it to make matters worse

Absolute ridiculous decision

If he hadn’t played against said dross and we failed to win, Gio would have been slaughtered

I’m sorry but this is mostly on the player. He knew he was injured, he should have informed Colombia accordingly instead of flying out to train only for it to make matters worse

Absolute ridiculous decision
Disagree.

The injury has been coming for weeks. We had a decision to make, run him into the ground or rest him.

We constantly played him and here we are

Back