Morelos up for sale ?

The reality is that every player could go if a high enough bid comes in.
Don't think anyone would argue with that but the timing is all important here.

If he were to go and we couldn't bring in a replacement until January ,that puts a huge dent in our forward options.

Last player I want sold, in fact I dont want any sold, but if we miss out on Europe by whatever means may be our only way to get some sorely needed cash, sad day if it happens

If we sell him close to deadline day day we need to have a replacement lined up.
Surely we wouldn't be coming out of the transfer window with just Defoe?

Only way we sell Morelos is if we don’t make the group stages. We budget for this and, if we don’t make it, we need to get the revenue elsewhere. £25M should be the starting price, going by recent, high profile transfers in this league.

The big centre forward who played for the Danes would be a good replacement for Alfredo. It sounds like a bid is coming. European qualification is vital.

It sounds clear to me that if we don’t make the group stages iAlfredo will be sold.
Thursday night is huge.

He is for sale and not that i know anything but reading between the lines i'm sure he will move on, if not this window it will be next, no doubt this is impacting on the Kent deal, If we sell him this window we will prob buy Kent if not a loan deal till next window then buy him, thats the way i'm seeing it anyway

I dunno Tags. If we go out Thursday and say a German team came in with a £16/17m offer next Monday on deadline day. The money might be good but we've fúck all time for a replacement.

I think SG is comfortable with selling him at the right price provided he gets time to line up a new striker.

Time is fast running out.

The way I heard it, Morelos has stated he is going nowhere until an EPL side wants him

He will be gone if a decent bid comes in we will also have 2-3 decent targets lined up.

If it’s close to the end of the window or would need to be a bid in excess of 20 million as whoever we go for will be at a premium.

Would probably also mean we could buy Kent,

Really don’t want to loose Alfie but money talks .

It will be a rushed deal and that means who ever it is will not offer what we want.
Very little time to haggle, across the city look at the tierney one, coming and goings.
Lets see what this board is made off , if anyone goes.
We have a good team at the moment.
We have lost a 100k due to singing , big deal.
The fans can eliminate that today.
The lawyers fee s for ashley are 4 times that, ( boards incompetence)

He (SG) gets asked the same boring inane questions at every press conference.

He’s just answering the question and doing it time and time again.

Guess work but I’d imagine, unless they’ve got someone lined up, SG will want to keep him for this season at least.

At least he isn't being asked it every single press conference of the summer, seems to have stopped as much lately. That must have pissed Gerrard off no end, it was pissing me off and I don't have to answer it! Morelos won't be leaving at this stage of the game the prize is too big and VERY reachable.

I’d like to think that we’ve already lined up a couple of replacements ‘if’ he goes

And we’ve got Defoe now too who will score goals

I’ve often found the way SG talks about Morelos in the press to be somewhat curious.

I was never a huge fan of saying “we haven’t had any bids for him” when essentially we are trying to drum up interest in him.
If we need to drum up interest at this point, we’ll get nowhere near our valuation.

There are 2 suitable replacements lined up should Morelos or Tavernier be sold.

Told this from a good source in the club.

We would be mad to sell him now, even if we have a replacement in mind it would take weeks or months to get him up to speed. In the meantime we would be reliant 100% on Defoe.

Another season of Morelos banging the goals in without the disciplinary issues and we will get much more than £15m

Not the worst striker in the world to be relying on. But with his age and playing in a league full of hammer throwers on plastic pitches, then yes it would be a HUGE gamble.

Totally agree. At least the club are forward planning. We simply cannot refuse bids approx £16 million for Alfie or £10 million for Tav.
Yup, although I'd even go to say that we shouldn't be entertaining anything under 12-15 million for Tav. English, coming into the prime of his career, phenomenal stats and the personification of the modern day fullback. It's who we replace him with is the issue.

Needs to be kept until the end of the season or at the very least until January.
Preferably he just remains with is for a few years longer.

If we have someone better lined up to replace him and we can get Kent as well, then I’m in.

We should be constantly improving our squad. If the money we get allows us to do it, then this good business.

But we shouldn’t be selling him without a better replacement. Who that is, god knows??

Back