Morelos would be ideal replacement for Suarez at Barcelona says Jorge Luis Pinto

Not a chance he goes direct to Barca from us imho. There will be a stepping stone club first, probably EPL, for him to prove himself (which he will) before going to the top dogs.

I like seeing him mentioned alongside Suarez though because I've commented previously about how I think there are some remarkable similarities between him and our Alfie. Similar strengths and playing style, both goal machines, both had disciplinary issues, both started off in humble South American surroundings before making move to Europe at a young age, both proven themselves initially at decent level teams outwith the top leagues (Ajax for Suarez, us for Alfie).

Suarez went to Liverpool from Ajax and it's this type of move that I think Morelos will make next (likely not Liverpool though as they've improved massively recently to be Euro champs, but potentially a Chelsea/Spurs type level.

Inter and Barca today, it’ll be Real and Juve tomorrow, anything to try unsettle him this window.

If genuine quote then it shows the difference between foreign press and educated interview with respectable, knowledgable comment than what we get in MSM. Compare and contrast to the rubblish we have had from some of their ex-players (some of our own not immune either) with questions whether he even good enough for EPL and low-ball prices.

We’re not happy when he’s linked with average EPL teams, now he’s been linked with Inter and Barca and we still moan.

At the end of the day the more he’s been linked with top teams the bigger the money we’ll get come the summer.

Whether the interest from these teams is real or not , it still makes me a little nervous going into the last 10 days of the window.
Hopefully there is a player primed to jet in for crunch transfer talks if there is any substance to these rumours:cool:

The wee man deserves a move like that and it would dull the pain of inevitably losing him. Would hate to see him at a Norwich or some shit like them.

This is definitely the sort of stories we want out there. Dont want him going anywhere till the end of the season at the earliest.

I could see it if they were going to buy then loan out to a la liga real but I don't think hes ready to walk into the bar a team.

How about a buy now but leave here till the summer 40mill up front then various bonus clauses to take it to 50

Meanwhile the football world shuns French Eddie, McGregor, Forrest, Ayer and all the other 20M pound plus players across the city.

It must be January again.

Give it a day or so and there will be the usual “my da can batter your da response” from one of the fat conductors laptop dogs

A made up story on how Rodgers wants Callum McGregor at 25 mil and Zidanne thinks Sissorhands should be looked at by Real Madrid.

I think the stories will be nonsense, both Barcelona and Inter, but both my old man and I were discussing a week or two back how he would be an ideal replacement for Suarez who's knocking on, and also that he's like a Simeone type player who'd fit in perfectly at Atletico.
I suppose Conte likes a similar style of player too, so perhaps the Inter interest wouldn't be too far fetched. Alfie deserves a club like one of those three.

If Barca really want him which the article doesn’t say, However if they did they pay Barca premium prices £45m at a minimum. People saying oh but they won’t pay that from a player in Scotland-
A. Does that matter when scores in Europe.
B. He’s now a Columbian international.
C. If they see him good enough to replace an injured saurez they really must rate him.
how much was saurez?

love the fact our players are being linked with top teams, just need to keep at being linked until 55 is in the bag

The mhedia aren't half keen on getting shot of our best players this season.

BARCELONA should buy Rangers star Alfredo Morelos as the ideal replacement for injured Luis Suarez, according to Colombia's most decorated manager Jorge Luis Pinto.

Morelos is currently suspended after his Old Firm sending off last month and has netted 28 goals for club and country in all competitions this season

Ibrox manager Steven Gerrard has insisted there is no chance they will sell their talisman this transfer window.

But former Colombia, Costa Rica, Honduras and current Millonarios manager Pinto reckons his countryman should be heading to the Nou Camp.

Barca are on the look-out for a new striker after ex-Liverpool ace Suarez was ruled out for the rest of the season with a serious knee injury.

And the La Liga giants should target Morelos as the ideal striker to replace him, according to Pinto, who led Costa Rica to the quarter finals of the 2014 World Cup in Brazil and has managed
teams in Peru, Ecuador and Venezuela as well as in his Colombian homeland.

Pinto said: "Alfredo Morelos would be the ideal striker to replace Luis Suarez for me.

"Why not? His performances in the last year certainly suggests that he could replace him. He has been a battering ram at Rangers.

"I've got huge admiration for what Alfredo has achieved so far in European football and he's still young."

from scottish sun

Always confused by comments like this.

I thought when the media did this it was to talk up players.

Are we routinely annoyed when the media do this with Celtic players?

Let's look at this differently.

When Alfie goes, we want him to go the best team in the best league possible. We'll get a massive transfer fee, and the player gets the career opportunity he more than deserves.

The knock on effect for this would surely be that other young players would look at us as a place where your career can be brought on massively - you get experience of playing in front of full houses, a demanding fanbase and european action. It would demonstrate that playing in the Scottish League is no impediment to hitting the heights for your next move.

I would genuinely laugh my cock off if Barcelona bought Alfie at the end of the season.

It would send them bampots mental, especially after weve won the league

Which club is he going to be “linked” to next? The project to unsettle him is ongoing.
Use it to motivate him !

tell him this is what awaits you if you channel Your whole heart and soul into playing every game and dont lose sight of your ultimate goal

And leave the Greatest club in the World A league winner

I'd take messi for him but they'd need to throw in a few quid as well

Back