Morelos

I would have thought as we went through various new contracts with Morelos we would have had an agreed trigger transfer fee.

However the other side of it is you would have thought if wasn't in writing Morelos and his agent would know the minimum fee we would accept.

Whilst I do have Morelos down as an enigma in terms of talent/potential versus discipline I would have expected the club to recognise the type of individual he is and made sure we did not get into a situation where there was a gap between expectations from both parties.

Maybe there isn't but it is panning out like he isn't able to stay focused. I think we are a lot stronger with a focused Alfie but are we going to get it and if we fear we are not then that's going to mean him probably being punted below value.

Reading comments about him over there in forums they make comments that he is a bit too chubby and has a disciplinary problem looking at all his red cards. ( They aren't aware of the situation with refs and the press over here obviously) They reckon he is too good for the Scottish league but would do as backup for them at Bayer but wouldn't pay more than 12 mill Euros. Opinions on Alfies skills seem to vary a lot.

I still reckon Morelos will end up at Lille. We're probably only a couple of million apart in terms of a sale and this surely sends a message out, that we will no longer be selling players for anything less than what we value them at. We will not be bending over to Lille, Leeds etc. Pay up or %^*& off

I would have thought as we went through various new contracts with Morelos we would have had an agreed trigger transfer fee.

However the other side of it is you would have thought if wasn't in writing Morelos and his agent would know the minimum fee we would accept.

Whilst I do have Morelos down as an enigma in terms of talent/potential versus discipline I would have expected the club to recognise the type of individual he is and made sure we did not get into a situation where there was a gap between expectations from both parties.

Maybe there isn't but it is panning out like he isn't able to stay focused. I think we are a lot stronger with a focused Alfie but are we going to get it and if we fear we are not then that's going to mean him probably being punted below value.
All parties will be aware of the valuations and no gap in valuations. Its just that Lille haven't upped their bid.

I think Alfie was happy to sign a longer deal therefore just let things take its course knuckle down if transfer doesn't happen this window and go out there and prove his worth and help win the league at same time! This saga dragging on doesn't help!

This will drag on for quite a bit. We might get lucky and he stays. If he goes I have a feeling it wont be to Lille.

Anyone thinking he’s going to bang in 30 goals if he stays is crazy. It’s clear he doesn’t want to be here anymore and he’s going to be sitting on £25,000 a week and we’re getting half the player he is.

Think you might be mixing up 'does not want to be here' with he would be happy to play in a better league.

If he does not a suitable move he will stay and bang in the goals, Just like every other season.

Think you might be mixing up 'does not want to be here' with he would be happy to play in a better league.

If he does not a suitable move he will stay and bang in the goals, Just like every other season.
Gerrard said his head was turned and has recently dropped him from the squad altogether not even making the bench.

He is a player stuck in limbo with his attitude, wants away but no club wants him (and the only club that did didn't meet our vauluation).

No club in their right mind will look at his attitudethis year and think he is worth a punt, he will get less clubs watching him as he plays less, his value will go down and so will his stock.

I'd start fining him if he keeps being a twat, his agent is a moron who has promised him nothing that can be currently delivered.

Gerrard said his head was turned and has recently dropped him from the squad altogether not even making the bench.

He did. And then brought him back into the squad saying he'd trained well all week. He's not the first player to want a move and not get it (see Mr Messi).

Its really simple, if nobody offers the money we want then he stays. Despite the TalkSport interview I'm still inclined to think the Lille Chairman actually meant 16m Euros and not Sterling. That's just over £14m quid. I'd not be happy if we sold him for that. Would you? Other than that, we need someone to come in with an acceptable offer rather than sell him at a knock-down price.

This is like a game of poker and Morelos is bluffing, thing is his bluff will only work until the window shuts. At some point he is going to have to pick up the tools again if he wants a move. We could fold and sell Morelos at less than we would hope but that sets a precedent for Kent, Barisic, Aribo. We need to play the long game and be smart here.

None of us really know whats going on, his agent might have already tee'd up a few moves for him and we are just waiting for things to move for Lille, or Porto or Leverkusen. We are a way ahead of everyone else in terms of conducting transfer business.

If the window closes and Morelos is still here i'm confident that he'll get back on it, he has too much to lose if he doesnt.

Yes but he made the next squad. Alfredo Morelos has absolutely nothing to gain by going in a huff and not training as hard as he can. If his move collapsed and he stays then he has a big season with the Copa America next summer now as well.

Folk need to calm down a wee bit the hysteria for this transfer is wild. We have folk actively hoping we chase our best player out the door for buttons for what reason is anyone's guess.

I’d love him to stay an get back to where he was this time last year ,but it will probably drag on till deadline day

I expected it to be wrapped up the in international break.

Good chance it won’t be now. Be interesting to see how Gerrard’s beds him back in, if not.

We won’t be leaving our £35k a week asset in the Reserves, that’s for sure.

He's now at the stage where he is a distraction we can do without.

The sooner this is over and we've got the money and he's got his move the better.
Once the manager says his head has been turned then he has to go regardless of which player.
Sooner this gets done the better as you say it's become a distraction we could do without.
Get the best deal we can get the signings the manager wants and win 55.

Once the manager says his head has been turned then he has to go regardless of which player.
Sooner this gets done the better as you say it's become a distraction we could do without.
Get the best deal we can get the signings the manager wants and win 55.
Top of my head I cant think of one, but there must be cases where a player has done this and been out in the cold for a bit and come storming back. If ( and it is a big if) Morelos doesnt move in this window, he has no option but to come storming back to get his move and potential Colombian caps.

Desperate for this to be concluded and I say that as someone who loves the wee man. In ideal world we get our £20m but I'd accept £18m and meet Lille(?) half way. If he goes we need 3 players in the door though - midfield, right sided 10 and another option up top.

How is it rubbish, there's a few wanting him gone now.
Desperate?
We weren't desperate to get rid of Grezda...we all knew he wasn't good enough yet there was no desperation.
Suddenly we are desperate to get rid of our star man. It's complete rubbish

Desperate ffs:eek::eek: panic merchants.
The gaffer had him back in his 18 after his public dressing down of Morelos head being turned.
Dry your pants, £20m or time for Gerrard to step up and 'manage' a tremendous talent. No desperation in sight

He is a player stuck in limbo with his attitude, wants away but no club wants him (and the only club that did didn't meet our vauluation).

No club in their right mind will look at his attitudethis year and think he is worth a punt, he will get less clubs watching him as he plays less, his value will go down and so will his stock.

I'd start fining him if he keeps being a twat, his agent is a moron who has promised him nothing that can be currently delivered.
Spot on regarding his agent. What kind of advice is he getting from him, you'd think he'd tell him to get his head down. The longer he sits as he is now the worse his situation gets because no one will be interested the more the impression he's given recently. If anything he owes the gaffer and the supporters for all the backing he's had all through the negative narrative. I can't see any way back and we should just cut and run with a hefty sell on clause because he won't be at Lille all his days and the sooner the better.

Desperate?
We weren't desperate to get rid of Grezda...we all knew he wasn't good enough yet there was no desperation.

The gaffer had him back in his 18 after his public dressing down of Morelos head being turned.
Dry your pants, £20m or time for Gerrard to step up and 'manage' a tremendous talent. No desperation in sight

Not our star man anymore and hasn't been for a while.

Desperate?

Grezda wasn’t on £30k a week

Grezda wasn’t valued at £20m

Morelos value is only going in one direction and it’s certainly not up

No he isn't. Ryan Kent is now the squad's talisman.

Based on what a couple of games into the new season? A bit early for us to be heaping that kind of pressure on the lad. Love Kent and if he can keep a run of form going then I would tend to agree but let's wait and see where we are a bit further down the line.

What games have you been watching this year?

All of them. Alfredo is easily the best player at the club that's why we are going to sell him for a record fee. Sure he is not at top form right at the moment or this year but not sure anyone else in our team has been either.

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere didn't see it if it was !

In a fresh twist, however, bookmakers SkyBet have offered interesting odds on where Morelos will end up next, with Brighton in the betting - here’s how the full field looks:

Lille (6/4), Porto (5/1), Aston Villa (9/1), Bayer Leverkusen (10/1), Borussia Monchengladbach (10/1, Brighton (10/1), Sevilla (10/1), Shalke (12/1), West Brom (25/1) and Leeds United (33/1).

The 24-year-old striker has been with Rangers since 2017, netting 79 times in 142 appearances.
All odds correct at the time of writing. Over 18s only. Please gamble responsibly and Be Gamble Aware. www.begambleaware.org.

I still reckon Morelos will end up at Lille. We're probably only a couple of million apart in terms of a sale and this surely sends a message out, that we will no longer be selling players for anything less than what we value them at. We will not be bending over to Lille, Leeds etc. Pay up or %^*& off

I agree. There needs to be a statement made with this transfer to say that we won’t budge easily from our evaluations of our players.

Going back to Lille now and saying we’ll accept their previous offer of £16m sends out the completely wrong message and will invite other clubs to continue bidding low for our players.

I’m glad it appears we’re not about to do that.

Many players have had their "head turned" and Alfie won't be the last.Most players will give their best,but they are not like us who are fans and supporters of the Club.
Let's face it if you are at work and another company comes along and offers to improve your working conditions and double your wages,what would you do.
IMO up until recently Alfie has given his best,I think now is the time to thank him for his service,wish him well,get as much money as possible and send him on his way.

Latest posts

Back