Morelos!!

Scored some important goals, like last night, and his running off the ball and drawing defenders with him helps the guys around him. I just wish he could tighten up on the slack passes and giving the ball away but would still be in my first team every week.

Last night wasn't his best - at times it was like the rest of team were hitting the ball at a brick wall the way it wasn't sticking. But he never hides & his runs always seem to create a wee bit of space for someone else.

Yes, agree with you.

But maybe his biggest quality is that indefatigability, that keeps him pushing & pushing until the end.

He does make himself available to receive the ball more than our other strikers, even when his touch is off, and it does help the flow of the team overall.

Still far off his best but Alfie is making a real contribution. Does a lot of stuff that nobody notices really like hold up play, link play and dragging defenders out of position.

And while I admit he coud score more (could have had a hat-trick last night), it doesn't really bother me whether he scores since we are banging them in from just about everybody in the team.

He's got a problem with consistency. There's been an odd stinker in the mix too.

His real drawback is still his discipline. Needs to cut out the unnecessary daft stunts.

I love the guy, takes no shit and I will have that any day off the week. He is a target of the media who even have us turning on him at times.

Even when he hasn't scored this season his movement has been crucial. Definitely developed loads in the past year and if he can maintain goalscoring form whilst running defenders ragged then we and he are laughing
This all day long.
His stats will look worse but there is no doubt he has become a more complete player.

Clearly improving his overall performance and the formation of the team provides him with more support. Last year he was a one man strike force. I do feel the hold up play could improve and on occasions he does seem to take a bit of time to get the shot away. While in others such as Aberdeen he was great at just that. Good stuff Alfie.

We'll probably only notice how vital he is in the next few weeks when he's undoubtedly going to be suspended for 2 or 3 games. Saying that just shows how shrewd Gerrard has been when he brought Roofe and Itten in as now we have 4 good strikers we wont miss Morelos as much as years gone by whem he's been out suspended.

He could take a leaf out of Kemar's book how to make the ball stick up front. Apart from his discipline its is weakest area.
On the plus side his link up play is much improved, and resulted in his goal last night .

He could take a leaf out of Kemar's book how to make the ball stick up front. Apart from his discipline its is weakest area.
On the plus side his link up play is much improved, and resulted in his goal last night .

Actually it’s one of his strong points and was something he did to a very high level last season in the Europa league in particular. It’s a facet of his game that hasn’t been at the same level this season of course, similar to his chance conversion.

I don’t think he is anything like he was last season before Xmas. Has to do better for me tbh to be our main striker now.

He's been outstanding this season imo. Too many (Bears included) equate 'less goals' with 'playing pish'.

He plays all of the big games for a reason.

I hope he drives his value up in the run in and the Europa games to come we need to sell in the summer for his sake and ours imho and it would be great to make a £19m profit.

I know its not popular on here but its the elephant in the room.
Those were 2 brutal misses last night.

Nothing wrong with the first one, it takes a huge bobble a couple of yards from him and he doesn’t have time to readjust. Walker was talking a lot of shite.

I know its not popular on here but its the elephant in the room.
Those were 2 brutal misses last night.
That bobble did catch him out.
The ball was coming fast across the goal, there was a deflection from Aribo which caused Morelos to shift his balance and then at the last minutes another unexpected movement to the ball before it arrives.
Anyone could have been caught out over that.

The other chance was a strange one, he didn't appear sharp in getting the ball under control..
However, I don't think he has been as sharp as last season in front of goal, but his contribution to Rangers this season at vital times has been immense.
He is a match-winner.

Scored some important goals, like last night, and his running off the ball and drawing defenders with him helps the guys around him. I just wish he could tighten up on the slack passes and giving the ball away but would still be in my first team every week.
His link up play is second to none as well and he was even back defending. One guy among many of them I'd love to see lif5 the league trophy.

His goals won the game at Pittodrie and Easter Road. His movement and run got Bitton sent off and completely changed the derby. People called this tough run of games the period that will win the league, and Morelos has been instrumental throughout it. Can't take that away from him.

He’s always been in frightening goal scoring form for half a season.

Hopefully he hits the heights at the business end of this season now.

Back