Morelos

Cooperfan

What a player. This guy is going to give us some good times, then make us a load of money.

It could have all faded away tonight (similar to Micheal Mols and Ian Durrant). Thankfully he's okay.

His range of goals is incredible, just imagine what he could do with proper service and and half decent strike partner

Enjoy him while he's here. While he's not the finished article by any means, he will have attracted attention already. My concern is what we would be willing to do business at given we only paid around £1m for him. £4M? £7m? More?

Enjoy him while he's here. While he's not the finished article by any means, he will have attracted attention already. My concern is what we would be willing to do business at given we only paid around £1m for him. £4M? £7m? More?
We should bump the price up like the unwashed do. I'd be disappointed (if he maintains his current form and scoring rate) if we let him go for anything less than £10M. Prices for average players down south and across Europe is stupid now. Talent like Morelos, with loads more potential, £10M would be a snip for any Premiership club.

Lets not get too carried away too quickly, he's doing ok just now but he's only played a handful of games.
Also, lets not overlook the fact he couldn't get a starting slot for the first weeks of the season.

We've also see plenty of other players make a quick impact then fade away. If he continues to develop and score goals then people may have a sniff at him but we're a long way off that point at this stage.

AND to mention him in the same breath as Mols or Durrant is crazy, if he ends up having half the ability of these players he'll be a player.

He's the one positive so far, the one shining light, but he needs help.

It would be terrible were he to wilt on an otherwise sub par vine.

Great goal last night again only problem is we need to get the ball to him which we did not do last night.

He let himself down in the second half, let a nobody Partick defender get in his head and he was more focused on that battle than he was on the game.

Obviously I rate him immensely but he'll have to mature quickly in our league or refs will start to take advantage.

Reactions: TBM
He's still got lots and lots to learn before he moves anywhere. Not in anyway a criticism, what a start he's had and long may it continue in the massive games that lay ahead

If he was wearing a celtc jersey he'd already be being talked about as a potential £30-40m player!
They certainly know how to big up their assets (with a fair bit of help from their friends in the mhedia of course).
With the right coaching and support, he definitely has the potential to be an absolute gem of a player.
I just hope Pena has as much of an impact on the team when he finally finds his fitness/form!

We don't play to his strengths Imo. Chasing a goal at the end last night was chaos no composure no patience . Frustrating.

Why was he playing so far back last night in the 2nd half? Was he told to by the manager after Herrera came on? I'd much rather see him playing off the last defender than Herrera who so far has looked very poor.

Why was he playing so far back last night in the 2nd half? Was he told to by the manager after Herrera came on? I'd much rather see him playing off the last defender than Herrera who so far has looked very poor.
Yeah it was like he's been watching Miller ! I don't want our best finisher in our half - I want him sitting on the shoulder of their last defender all night waiting for balls to be played through to him or over the top.

Back