Most disappointed you have ever been at the football

5 0 down to Celtic at home after 53 mins i honestly thought we were going t lose 10 that day just seeing how low our club had fallen.

the disappointment was the players didn’t look like they gave a %^*&

Hopefully you get that dream mate. Fair play to you it can’t be easy supporting a team like Hamilton and I don’t mean that to be disrespectful.

Obviously though if it’s against us in a final hope you’s don’t win but against anyone else’s good luck lol
There’s a flip side.

I’ve seen Accies win the second tier title three times. I’ve been to all four of our Challenge Cup Finals (W2, L2), beating Ayr and Morton, losing to St Mirren and Falkirk. I’ve seen us go up via the play-offs, beating Hibs, and stay up via the play-offs, beating Dundee United. I was at our post-war record win, 10-2 v Morton. I’ve seen us play at least one competitive fixture at 37 current senior league grounds, and 10 former senior league grounds.

I’ve followed the Accies for half a century. I’m a shareholder, a season ticket holder since we moved to NDP, where i have a brick in the wall, and my son’s been a season ticket holder in the seat beside me for 8 seasons. I’m a former Board member of the Accies Trust, ex-moderator of AcciesWorld, programme contributor, shirt sponsor, hospitality-goer, and my son’s been the match day mascot.

Accies are a huge part of my life, but the lingering disappointment is I’ve never seen us win a major trophy, or had a big day out at Hampden, or seen us play in Europe. And I‘m running out of years.

Wow... so many bad memories here...
Sparta Prague or Hearts in 98 cup final.
For me the Dundee Utd 94 cup final when Im sure I swore I’d never return (until the first day of the next season)

memories being at the Celtic watching the ball cross the line.
Just read the details that only 37k were there so must’ve been working on Hampden

2019 League Cup Final, 2016 Scottish Cup Final and 2008 UEFA Cup Final for the obvious reason of being denied silverware.

Both 5-1 games against them in our first year back up left me absolutely gutted. Horrible days that made me realise just how far away from it we were.

4-0 away to Hibs when McDowall was caretaker, such a spineless team performance led by a guy who didn't want to be there. Despised so much about that squad and I hated how they made me feel towards my team.

Bit of a weird one but getting done off Dundee Utd at home in one of the cups while we were coming through the leagues sticks out for me, I think we’d done Motherwell earlier in the season so I fully expected us to turn them over.
Tables have turned now!
My memories shite but who was the diddy team that beat us 3-2 in a cup from being 2-0 down a few years back too? That sticks out.
Luckily I’ve had much more days the opposite (expecting a shite result and getting the opposite).

There’s a flip side.

I’ve seen Accies win the second tier title three times. I’ve been to all four of our Challenge Cup Finals (W2, L2), beating Ayr and Morton, losing to St Mirren and Falkirk. I’ve seen us go up via the play-offs, beating Hibs, and stay up via the play-offs, beating Dundee United. I was at our post-war record win, 10-2 v Morton. I’ve seen us play at least one competitive fixture at 37 current senior league grounds, and 10 former senior league grounds.

I’ve followed the Accies for half a century. I’m a shareholder, a season ticket holder since we moved to NDP, where i have a brick in the wall, and my son’s been a season ticket holder in the seat beside me for 8 seasons. I’m a former Board member of the Accies Trust, ex-moderator of AcciesWorld, programme contributor, shirt sponsor, hospitality-goer, and my son’s been the match day mascot.

Accies are a huge part of my life, but the lingering disappointment is I’ve never seen us win a major trophy, or had a big day out at Hampden, or seen us play in Europe. And I‘m running out of years.

Hats off to you mate. I’ve seen a lot of your posts on here and you seem a really good decent lad and proper football fan. I really hope you see your team win something major in your lifetime.

UEFA final obviously.
Urinea Urziceni - shite crowd, shite night, shite team and ridiculously embarrassing score
Not automatically climbing though the leagues to reach the PL a year earlier than we did.

Last edited:
Manchester is the obvious one. The other is Munich in 1999 when mols got injured, we batterd Munich all match, hit the woodwork 3 times and get beat 1-0 to a dodgy pen. The 25 hour bus trip back was f#kin awful.

After the 2nd leg of the play offs against Motherwell. Just sat on the train back to Glasgow and wondered when the whole surreal nightmare was going to end. Probably the lowest feeling I’ve ever experienced as a supporter, it actually felt worse than the journey back from Tannadice after we never got ten in a row.

Bayern Munich at Ibrox 1999 for me. We played brilliant that night, they got dodgy freekick in 90th minute with an even dodgier deflection to score and make it 1 each on the night. Have never left Ibrox so deflated

League Cup final this season also losing 3.2 to Dundee utd from being 2.0 up at Ibrox 76-77 also losing 5.1 to the sheep same season

1983 Scottish cup final against Aberdeen played so well that didn’t deserve to lose that day

Was at this game to. It was a bank holiday Monday I think. Bloody boat was delayed on way home to.

I was only 12 at the time and was gutted. Then we went to tannadice a few days later and secured it

Yip. I'd bought a 9-in-a-row scarf which I made my dad leave in the boot just incase it went horribly wrong. Thankfully it was retrieved as soon as the final whistle went a Tannadice.

Actually made the Hibs cup final! After beating celtic, fact they were in championship too. We shoulda won no issues that day!

Lowest I felt was Annan at home. The whole club was on a low and that result just reflected what was happening off the park.

CSKA game, UEFA final and the recent cup final were tough to take. Losing to Killie at home when we failed to win 10 was hard going.

29th September 1993. Rangers playing away against Levski Sofia. My wife is pregnant with our first born and 2 weeks overdue. Listening on the radio. Dying minutes. We’re 4-3 ahead on aggregate. Van arrives with delivery of a table. Wife insists I help driver. On return to the house with the table, my wife won’t look me in the eye. I then heard the aftermath of the last minute goal. I was gutted but gave vent to my anger for about 15 minutes. Once I had calmed down, my wife then told me her waters had broken and I needed to take her to the hospital immediately! Fortunately my son (as it turned out) clearly realised the situation and held on until the early hours of 30th September before finally making an appearance. Mother and son well; father emotionally drained in more ways than one!

Cska Moscow draw first season of champions league sure song playing when leaving was didn't we almost have it all even worse later when it came out about Marseille

Losing the league in 97-98
Uefa Cup Final 2008
Admin
Signing all those fucking god awful journey men in Div 3, 2 and 1.

Uefa cup final, still gutted when I think about it, stabbed in the back by the rest of Scottish football, still can’t believe that they wouldn’t try and help us bring a European trophy back.

One for every decade..
1970s Parkhead 1979. We had better players but were far too cautious.
1980s I'll give you us drawing the ScSf v Forfar. It was embarrasing.
1990s v Losing in Munich 1999.
2000s. Manchester.2008. We should have had more of a go.
2010s. Hibs cup final. Disgrace...and always pissed me off that Warbs never really said anything about it either.

There literally is far far to many.

It's a difference between Disappointment and sheer anger over the recent times.

UEFA cup final was very very tough however take from it the hype and atmosphere on the day.

If had to pick one against that lot would be the 1-5......me and my mate stood like many and took it till the final whistle and both agreed this was as we will always remember taking that to fuel our determination and feelings of the highs like 29th just there.

Small mention for the hell of the night at Alloa away. I think that was on the sheer fury nights, miserable and cold.

I really hope we have none to remember for the rest of this season.

The Hibs Scottish Cup Final isn’t a disappointing one for me it’s just a pure anger. I think I’ll finally get over it when we win the cup again but that’s just pure anger and hatred that one.

Getting rag dolled by that lot at Ibrox a few years in the 5-1 game was almost the peak. Never left a game so early but when Boyata scored around the hour mark I chucked it. That was out and out disappointment.

But Manchester tops the lot. It was a great run and I have found memories of that trip to Manchester through the season but it still grates we never finished the job.

My dad was around for Barca in 72 and never thought he’d get back to a European final and I’m in the same boat today. After all we’ve been through we’d be due another run to the final and go on to win it.

And a wee extra... i was gutted that we didnt appear to really go for more against Hearts in the 96 cup final. Took the foot off the gas when 5 up... could have broke a cup final record there but started arseing around.

Going out to Viktoria Žižkov in the UEFA Cup in 2002.

They were no better than a pub team, but we somehow managed to lose 2-0 in the first leg. Neil McCann makes it 3-0, five minutes into extra time at Ibrox. We’re through as it stands, but lose a stupid goal five minutes later.

A couple of minutes to go, and Craig Moore is brought down in the box. The full back who fouled him is sent off for a second yellow, but the ref doesn’t give the penalty! That’s us out on away goals.

I got over it though, after we beat Dundee in the Scottish Cup Final to clinch the Treble!

I’m a relatively new follower of watching Rangers live so mine will be slightly different.

For me it’s being beaten by Aberdeen last year in the Scottish Cup at Ibrox. Weather was horrendous, game was awful and deep down I knew any chance of silverware that season had just about gone!

UEFA cup final in 2008 for me. Best couple of days ever following Rangers in the lead up to it, and then the game itself & result were major disappointments.

When we lost to Dortmund on penalties, travelled back through to Holland & couldn't bring myself to speak to anyone on the train, was just totally devastated!

Hibs cup final. Right from the very start they wanted it more than we did.

I can always deal with being played off the park. I can't deal with a Rangers side not being up for it, especially in a Cup final.

2008 Euro Cup final was the worst for sure.
This seasons final was pretty tough too. Played them off the park for a sub par lino to not do the basics of his job.

The league cup final of this season is definitely up there. That "what do we have to do?" feeling was horrendous.

Hibs cup final. Right from the very start they wanted it more than we did.

I can always deal with being played off the park. I can't deal with a Rangers side not being up for it, especially in a Cup final.

The day that I get upset about losing one cup final is the day I chuck it. Likewise this League Cup final this year. Manchester is the only thing that I was genuinely gutted at. The next closest would be that gutless display against Motherwell but even then, it was from our lowest ever point as a club. Everything else I put down to experience and to help savour the successes even more.

Hibs cup final felt like i got a kick in the balls, after words I didn't even want a pint! That's a bad day for this bear when I don't want a pint. It was the same this year against at mob,

Back