Most overrated managers currently in football?

LoyalRanger_72

I’ve saw Roberto De Zerbi being talked up for the Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Man United jobs. Is he really that calibre of manager? I personally don’t think so and think he’s extremely overrated all because he plays pretty football, a bit like Bielsa did at Leeds and a certain gravy guzzler does at Tottenham :)) Is there any other gaffer out there more overrated than him right now?

Gareth Southgate by a long, long way.

A close examination of his results reads a lot worse than the headline summary.

During his tenure England have enjoyed the most unbelievable luck with draws at major championships. Most times they've had the type of draws and routes that they would have picked had they been invited to fix the draw themselves. Plus home advantage at the Euros.

And yet every time they meet a reasonable challenge, they lose.

7 wins from 23 against teams in the top 10 of the world rankings.

During his tenure England have enjoyed the most unbelievable luck with draws at major championships. Most times they've had the type of draws and routes that they would have picked had they been invited to fix the draw themselves. Plus home advantage at the Euros.

I don't think anyone in the top 12 in England would go near him. A terrible manager

I’ve saw Roberto De Zerbi being talked up for the Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Man United jobs. Is he really that calibre of manager? I personally don’t think so and think he’s extremely overrated all because he plays pretty football, a bit like Bielsa did at Leeds and a certain gravy guzzler does at Tottenham :)) Is there any other gaffer out there more overrated than him right now?
Brenda Rodgers

Maurico Pochettino for me. Had some really brilliant jobs, but always seems to underachieve.
I massively disagree mate. I think he did a great job at Tottenham, getting to a Champions League final with the squad he did was some achievement. I know he didn’t win anything there but even serial winners like Mourinho and Conte haven’t and those two didn’t do as good a job as Pochettino IMO.

People will say what about when he didn’t win the title in 20/21 at PSG, he took over mid season after Tuchel also left PSG trailing. Then in his full season there he did win the title. I get he didn’t win them the Champions League but no one else who’s managed them like Tuchel, Emery and Enrique has either.

Then at Chelsea I honestly believe most managers would’ve struggled to get a quick impact over what he inherited despite all the money spent. The longer he’s been there though, you can see an identity now and them improving. They had a good second half of the season.

His negative tactics have cost them trophies imo.

Bielsa, Chris Wilder, Brendan Rodgers

Given this is Follow Follow I await the first poster to say Pep Guardiola.

@The Fat Xavi has beaten me to it - but yeah this guy

PG.jpg

And all the while playing the most boring cautious pragmatic style - even though his teams were stacked with skilful players.

Back