Most Successful Crosses per 90 in SPFL

Hemdani

:cool:

DtHlT74XoAg6vzT.jpg:large

Sort of proves the Candeias point as well when that debate was raging about the assists....this was the stat that was missing....just about half as successful as Kent and Tav.

Mate Candeias is one of the main players in our team. If he wasn’t there tav wouldn’t be as influential as he is

I think he's improved again under SG but he is still pretty wasteful with the ball.....I get the workrate and I get the fact he cost 800K.....I'm not sure we are winning anything with him being a main player.....I think Tav actually would benefit greatly from genuine quality in front of him.....but it's all about opinions...

He's also 59th in accuracy......
Wouldn't look in to that, the people highest in accuracy are those who make the least crosses.

Only person in the top 10 for accuracy in that list is some Dundee reserve player that has made 6 crosses all season.

I think he's improved again under SG but he is still pretty wasteful with the ball.....I get the workrate and I get the fact he cost 800K.....I'm not sure we are winning anything with him being a main player.....I think Tav actually would benefit greatly from genuine quality in front of him.....but it's all about opinions...
I think Candeias is a player who can certainly be improved on in the summer. But right now he is doing a decent job.

Wouldn't look in to that, the people highest in accuracy are those who make the least crosses.

Only person in the top 10 for accuracy in that list is some Dundee reserve player that has made 6 crosses all season.

You could argue the stats all different ways-for me it's simple how effective a player is..we haven't seen nearly enough of BB to assess....off the bat he looked pretty impressive...then he faded quite badly, carrying an injury? Who knows we need to see more.

I think Candeias is a player who can certainly be improved on in the summer. But right now he is doing a decent job.

He's had his best spell(s) this season for sure.....I think the rotation has helped him, kept him fresh and hungry.

Your right it is all about opinions but any game where Candeias hasn’t played, tav hast been attacking and we have been a whole lot worse at the back, Candeias covers tav so well

Your right it is all about opinions but any game where Candeias hasn’t played, tav hast been attacking and we have been a whole lot worse at the back, Candeias covers tav so well

I honestly think that's one of the biggest myths going-DC will track back and work like %^*& but positionally both are all over the places at times both individually and as a partnership.....

These stats are very useful.
They should be used with common sense and this should be common sense combined with football sense.
If modern stats were used for Jim Baxter he probably wouldn't get a game for anyone.
Modric is perhaps a good example.
I would love to see his stats in relation to some of the measures currently used.

Yet anyone watching him who understands the game can understand why he can control and shape a football match without scoring a goal or even having an assist.

The list is ordered by successful crosses per 90 so obviously accuracy matters. That's why Candieas is 14th and Tav 2nd despite Candieas attempting more crosses per 90.

There is another way that crossing accuracy matters. That's because if you are attempting a lot of crosses that are generally unsuccessful then that means you are frequently giving possession over to the opposition. You'll notice that there are very few Celtic players on the list especially in the top 10-20. That's because they are coached to cross less and retain possession more. They score goals through other means rather than crossing.

However I disagree with @DylanGer in the sense that I think that Barisic's crossing accuracy isn't that bad. 29% seems to be ok with this sample size and the fact that he is attempting loads more crosses than anyone else (while still beating Tierney and Candieas at crossing accuracy) could very well indicate that he is getting into good crossing positions more frequently than other players. If Barisic's crossing accuracy starts to drop towards 20% however than it's not going to be a plus at that point.

Expect the SPFL to punish us for Borna's actions. Imagine being better than wonder kid tierney.

I would be interested to see an updated table for this, surely Candeias higher up the accuracy charts by now?

Back