Press Conference Motherwell Press Conference

Month end shite, the one bit of the month where I'm actually NOT kidding on.

Going for my lunch in a strop now.

HgaMIP.gif

I’ve got bad news for you. The month ended yesterday….

Might be Silva LW and Dessers up top.
It’ll never happen but the option of going three at the back, pushing Yilmaz and Tav right up and playing Cortes and Dessers together could make up for the lack of natural width.

We’ve been booted in the baws all season with injuries but losing Cortes for no doubt at best a few weeks is a sore one.

Gave us what we were missing on the left, opened his account and looking exciting on the ball. 1 game at that shithole and who knows how long we’ll be without him. We’re very short now on that side.

Matondo after Ross County was said to have a “small muscle” issue and would be out short term. If he’s not available on Saturday can only assume it’s no longer short term

If we can get to the next international break without dropping points then get Cantwell and Sima back we will be in a great position.

Losing Cortes is a blow, we do not have good options in the wide positions. He needs to find a way to get Dessers and Silva in the team.

Probably what most of us would do but Scott Wright remains an option. Not a popular one on here, admittedly, but an option nevertheless.
It’s Motherwell at home.

I’d go with Silva off the left, and Dessers centrally.

We should win the game no matter who plays the role, so I’d like to try the 2 of them together.

It’s Motherwell at home.

I’d go with Silva off the left, and Dessers centrally.

We should win the game no matter who plays the role, so I’d like to try the 2 of them together.
I don't think we will see both Dessers and Silva on the pitch at the same time too often. Not when we are so limited in forward options. I was surprised to see it against Hearts for the short while we did.

Is there any indication that Sima or Matondo might be back relatively soon?

I thought Sima was April at the earliest. I don’t recall reading anything on Matondo.

The European fixtures shouldn’t but they are becoming a distraction in terms of extra games and travelling ect we need to win this league and the more games we play the more injuries we are going to pick up

I don't think we will see both Dessers and Silva on the pitch at the same time too often. Not when we are so limited in forward options. I was surprised to see it against Hearts for the short while we did.
Possibly but with Roofe back (I know, I know) neither would likely play the full 90 anyway.

If we can get to the next international break without dropping points then get Cantwell and Sima back we will be in a great position.

Losing Cortes is a blow, we do not have good options in the wide positions. He needs to find a way to get Dessers and Silva in the team.
I’m thinking the same, only 2 league games this month, Motherwell at home and Dundee away. If we take 6/6 from those hopefully we have Todd back and maybe even Sima before the next league game.

Expect to see Silva off the left in a front 3 of Silva, CD9 and Sterling tomorrow with Roofe adopting the role as the striker sub for CD as opposed to Silva and Dessers interchanging as starter and second half sub

Last edited:
Expect to see Silva off the left in a front 3 of Silva, CD9 and Sterling tomorrow with Roofe adopting the role as the striker sub for CD as opposed to Silva and Dessers interchanging as starter and second-half sub
Or Dujon on the right and McCausland on the left.

Back