Motherwell striker Tony Watt

Motherwell fans I know are saying he's currently on £1600/ week.
He's been offered more than double plus relocation costs.
No brainer if this is true.

He's a good SPL striker, as has been said the likes of hibs/hearts / aberdeen seemed a more likely move. Seems to be one of these boys who's up and down like a yoyo and had finally found a club where he settled. Signing a pre contract for a club of Utd's level is unlikely to be popular with the motherwell fans be interesting to see how hos form is for the next 6 months

Let's see this as a positive sign for the national game (on the back of our massive influence on the coefficient and marketability of the league North of the border) that the "best talent" in the country (or top goalscorer at least) is choosing to stay in the country than going down south. Certainly a positive that the "cream" isn't always skimmed off the top.

And that's about as much as I can stomach saying positively about any other team up here.
You’ve definitely got a point with that

In similar fashion although a different story Hibs have apparently turned down a bid of £500,000 for Martin Boyle.

Should be good for the overall game if clubs aren’t accepting the first semi decent bid for any players and the ‘best’ aren’t leaving at the first sign of interest.

Bit of a weird move for him. Guidi was talking him up as a back to Kyogo on Thursday ffs! Nice to see he still has his finger on the pulse…

As for Watt, used to work with a girl from Coatbridge who was unsurprisingly enough from a very bitter family and even she said Watt was meant to be a total prick of a boy.

He would do well down south I think. Championship/League One is ten a penny with strikers that run around a lot and give everything. No doubt he could fit in down there.

Reports were that he would only sign an extension with Motherwell if they matched the offer he was considering, which was 4x his current salary.

Surely Dundee United aren't paying him 4 times what Motherwell are ffs.

Maybe on £750 a week and they’ve offered him £3k?

If I had scored the only goal against Barcelona in a CL game I would be having it on a loop on my telly
:))

Reports were that he would only sign an extension with Motherwell if they matched the offer he was considering, which was 4x his current salary.

Surely Dundee United aren't paying him 4 times what Motherwell are ffs.
There's absolutely no chance of that. My mate is kinda ITK at Motherwell. Watt was on close to £3k per week with them, virtually their highest earner. No way he's getting 4x that at Dundee United.

Sideways step but £650 a week more I hear.
Tony Watt has made some Barry Ferguson style moves in his career which appear to be strange.
Maybe now he'll settle down
Not bothered mind

Good player.

Think he’s calmed a little from his early days when he believed his own hype and was an arse. Told his dad didn’t help him much either

Think he’s curtailed the drink and stuff going from his Undr The Cosh podcast.

The move may make a wee bit of sense going by that. Most money available by staying at home - said he was settled for the first time ever in that pod.

Where are Dundee Utd gettin the cash from?

There's absolutely no chance of that. My mate is kinda ITK at Motherwell. Watt was on close to £3k per week with them, virtually their highest earner. No way he's getting 4x that at Dundee United.

Heard he has been offered more than the figure quoted above plus his relocation fee.
Remember Dundee Utd made Shankland the highest paid player in the SPFL outside of us and them.

Heard he has been offered more than the figure quoted above plus his relocation fee.
Remember Dundee Utd made Shankland the highest paid player in the SPFL outside of us and them.
Yeah mate, that might be the case. Mate has no idea what the new contract offer was just that their current ceiling is £3k. Might be right, might be wrong but it’s what he’s telling me.

Going from a pretty poor team to another pretty poor team in the same league, the lack of ambition with some players is incredible, add to that Dundee United are almost up there with the Mhanks in terms of rancid scum

So we are shutting down the league as clubs can't afford to play with no fans, yet Dundee Utd are signing Watt on a £6k a week, 3 year deal (figure from a Motherwell fan I work with)

Where are they getting that cash?

Back