Motherwell striker Tony Watt

Fcker was spouting that he had never been happier at a club for a long time only few month back,he's as thick as fck

Bit of a side step in all honesty, was expecting him to join Hibs or something going off his form this season.

However, this is the first decent season he has had since his first spell in Belgium.
Corresponding with him wanting a new contract elsewhere, he will be back to being a waste of space 3 games in 4 again next season.

Arguably a step down.

Surely he could have got a move to a Championship side (England)?
Think this is his level. Close to home, close to family and friends etc, more money, ‘bigger club’. Makes sense from his point of view probably. In saying that, he could probably have got a move to a Hearts/Hibs/Aberdeen who are ‘bigger’ than Dundee Hibs.

That's a really odd move. Given how well his season has been going I'd have expected him to go to a bottom half Championship team.
That's a sideways step at best.

Going from Motherwell, who are likely to be a mid-table team but without relegation fears to a team that are up and down like a whores knickers. Great upgrade for him:))
Probably likely to receive slightly more favourable decisions from refs. given his apparent leaning !

Arguably a step down.

Surely he could have got a move to a Championship side (England)?
Let's see this as a positive sign for the national game (on the back of our massive influence on the coefficient and marketability of the league North of the border) that the "best talent" in the country (or top goalscorer at least) is choosing to stay in the country than going down south. Certainly a positive that the "cream" isn't always skimmed off the top.

And that's about as much as I can stomach saying positively about any other team up here.

The key point of that deal will be the fact it’s for 3 years.
Yeah I think so too , one no axe to grind re the player he seems decent fella and another three years of good income is good news for him and his family isn’t it .
Have to say though I’m not a big fan of his play and while this os a good level it’s the right level I feel .

I tell this everytime he's mentioned on here but I had the misfortune of bumping into him in Glasgow City Centre one night a few years back.

He is hands down the biggest, most arrogant prick I've ever had the misfortune to meet.

Why were you even trying to talk to him?

United doing there business early - there’s a rumour Zak Rudden is doing likewise from Thistle
I actually rate rudden more than watt. Brian Graham is another at Thistle who would score goals in the spl.

Neither at our level ofcourse

I actually rate rudden more than watt. Brian Graham is another at Thistle who would score goals in the spl.

Neither at our level ofcourse
Good to see Rudden is doing well and it’d be good to see him take the next step up.

Graham seems to be doing well back in the championship but I think at his age he’ll probably stay there, unless Partick end up promoted ofc

I know most on here will snigger at him (and turn their noses up at Scottish players in general) but, I think this is a decent move. Dundee Utd seem to have a bit of ambition now and despite their fans being utter wankers, there is a lot to like about their manager and how he tries to play the game.

Regards Watt, I think he has finally realised that acting Billy big baws and dining out on one goal wasn't getting him anywhere. Word is he has really sorted his attitude out at training etc. The game at Ibrox he absolutely ran himself into the ground for his team and you could see our defenders weren't at all comfortable with him. The chap I sat next to that day described him as 'no nonsense old school Scottish striker' and I'd agree with that. Not the most technically gifted bit will do a job for them and his physical style is suited to this league.

I think he is at his level and is trying to milk everything out of it. If those wages are true, you really can't blame him.

Going on current form he may well find himself playing in the Championship next season. :))

gn20.png

Back