Match Thread Motherwell v Rangers - 12:15 Sunday - Bt Sport

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
9rI7Xbn.png

Last edited:
He might stick with Alfredo but think it would be a good time to give him a rest for the game on Thursday and Sunday v the tims.

I can see the merit in it. We need to acknowledge a red mist red card is a possibilty for Morelos and we know what that would mean. Just think there is too many changes there. I'd like to see Middleton replace Kent, can't see it though. No chance he's dropping Arfield for Halliday.

Barisic is the interesting one. Do we play him and give Flanagan rest or play Flanagan to keep him up to tempo for Thursday?

Nice problems to have.

I have a bad feeling about this game. Don't get me wrong, I think we will win. However Motherwell will be allowed to injure at least one, likely two of our players by the referee. Losing a defender or Alfredo could be disastrous.

I can see the merit in it. We need to acknowledge a red mist red card is a possibilty for Morelos and we know what that would mean. Just think there is too many changes there. I'd like to see Middleton replace Kent, can't see it though. No chance he's dropping Arfield for Halliday.

Barisic is the interesting one. Do we play him and give Flanagan rest or play Flanagan to keep him up to tempo for Thursday?

Nice problems to have.
Certainly good problems to have. Just thought after Hallidays performance against Kilmarnock he would get a start and give one of the midfield 3 a rest.

Expecting a tought game going to go for a 2-1 win. Katic and Lafferty

This tinpot club got beat off Hamilton at home but we all know they will raise their game v us.

Let them cone at us for 20 mins then chew them up and spit them out like the dirty kunts they are.

Potential banana skin. If Gerrard keeps them focused not thinking about the 2nd we should skate it. Biggest concern will be the Hammer Throwers in that shitty team of theirs. But I'm still confident of all 3 points. 2-0 the Sons of William. C'MON THE RANGERS! !

3 points, no injuries and no cards please Rangers. Hopefully be well ahead by half time and then start resting players with Thursday in mind.

Fail to win and we give the scum a psychological boost going into their match.

Keep piling on the pressure please Rangers.

Ive no doubt we’ll win if we keep 11 on the park. I’m worried about potential injuries and bad ref desicions.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

Rangers v Hammer Throwers United would be a better heading for this game.

Not going to be easy lads, but we have the class to do it.

I will settle for any scrappy victory, and no injuries.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

Got to go with 2-0 to Rangers!

Outplay these hammer throwers and hopefully not get any injuries!

A win with no injuries or suspensions will do me. Still early in the season but we’ve racked up too many injuries so far and we’ve a huge week so we need everyone ready.

They of course will be out to injure and intimidate. There needs to be a focus on that to protect our players. If just about football we will annihilate them.

A wee reminder that Craig Thomson :eek: is the referee for this one. Expect lots of cards and a few injuries.

I’d settle for no cards, no injuries and a 1-0 win for Rangers in a borefest to be honest.

Hmm. Going to be a tough one and I hope we don't get dragged into a battle - just pick them off by playing football.

2-0 win. The fear is a stray elbow connecting with Goldson or Katic.

As much as I’d love us to put these knuckle draggers to the sword, I’d be more than happy with a 0-1 and reaching full time with 11 players on the park.

We’ll need to move the ball quickly to minimise the “robust” challenges that will be continually ignored by the ref

I have a bad feeling about this game. Don't get me wrong, I think we will win. However Motherwell will be allowed to injure at least one, likely two of our players by the referee. Losing a defender or Alfredo could be disastrous.
I have a good feeling, we win, no problems and their captain pulls a hamstring. There you go.

Please no injuries. Please no injuries. Please no injuries. Please no injuries. Please no injuries. Please no injuries. Please no injuries. Please no injuries. Please no injuries. Please no injuries. Please no injuries. Please no injuries. Please no injuries. Please no injuries. Please no injuries.

Please no injuries. Please no injuries. Please no injuries. Please no injuries. Please no injuries. Please no injuries. Please no injuries. Please no injuries. Please no injuries. Please no injuries. Please no injuries. Please no injuries. Please no injuries. Please no injuries. Please no injuries.
And finally....Please no injuries!

What about to laughing boy Hartley ?

As a kid I never had any issue with Motherwell possibly as my grandfather was a well fan (my mother's side of the family) and also I'm from Lanarkshire.

However nowadays they are up there with the filth and Aberdeen, I despise them I really do, get intae them Rangers.

Last edited:
Three points by any means possible and no injuries or red cards which considering the ref will be a miracle.I'd be tempted to play K.L. upfront and give Alfie a rest tomorrow.We'll need him fit and mental for Thursday and next Sunday.:D

I would love to skelp them so we can rest our key players in the last 30 minutes, and pay them back for last season. Instead I suspect a hard fought, frustrating afternoon, 1-0 Rangers. Be really funny if the winner was a clearance that caught Hartley square in the coupon, broke his nose and rolled gently into the net. We could all join in the laughter then.

Back