Mourinho - outdated, finished, yesterday's man

Mearns Ranger

Official Ticketer
He took charge of his first game with Spurs on the 23rd of November. They sat 14th in the table, a few points above the relegation zone.

They have two tough games, today (Wolves away) and next Saturday (Chelsea at home), but if they win them both, he could potentially leapfrog Chelsea into 4th place (if other results go their way with Man U dropping points)

It would have been deemed miraculous if they managed to get a CL place by the end of the season. They could possibly have one in less than a calendar month! I would be almost certain he's going to get them into the CL positions one way or another.

I'm sure this will really stick in the craw of many on here, but it's hard to argue with the facts. Some going in less than a month if he actually does manage it!

Much like Solskjaer when he took over at United, he’s got an upturn in results with a side with quality players and a side that had simply packed it in under the previous manger, irony being the previous manager before Ole was Jose himself.

The points difference wasn’t particularly big either so I wouldn’t say it was miraculous to claw it back with the Champions League finalists when we’ve just entered December.

He took charge of his first game with Spurs on the 23rd of November. They sat 14th in the table, a few points above the relegation zone.

They have two tough games, today (Wolves away) and next Saturday (Chelsea at home), but if they win them both, he could potentially leapfrog Chelsea into 4th place (if other results go their way with Man U dropping points)

It would have been deemed miraculous if they managed to get a CL place by the end of the season. They could possibly have one in less than a calendar month! I would be almost certain he's going to get them into the CL positions one way or another.

I'm sure this will really stick in the craw of many on here, but it's hard to argue with the facts. Some going in less than a month if he actually does manage it!

Your post is not facts though is it. It’s a series of ‘what ifs’ and hypotheticals.

They say Poch had lost the dressing room, the players wanted him gone so they underperformed on purpose, they are obviously performing as normal now.

The problem with Mourinho isn't the first 6 games, or indeed, the first 6 months. It's the 2nd going into the 3rd season, when he's thrown his hissy fits, blamed the board for not getting targets, thrown his players & staff under a bus, and generally brought the mood of the club to rock bottom.

They say Poch had lost the dressing room, the players wanted him gone so they underperformed on purpose, they are obviously performing as normal now.
Porch has hardly won a game in 2019 and yet got to the CL final. Had he lost the dressing room whilst they could hardly win a game and yet still got to the CL Final?
Or are they just inconsistent as %^*& and got lucky and punched above their weight?
1-0 Spurs already. The man’s a machine!

im quite prepared to stick my neck out here and say things will pretty quickly end in tears with jose at spurs, yesterdays man ,i think so

Seem to be a lot of Jeremy Corbyn fan's on FF going by a lot of the negative opinions regarding Spurs

It was time for Poch and with Mourinho without a club it was too good an opportunity for Spurs to let pass by

Seem to be a lot of Jeremy Corbyn fan's on FF going by a lot of the negative opinions regarding Spurs

It was time for Poch and with Mourinho without a club it was too good an opportunity for Spurs to let pass by

I don't mind Mourinho or Tottenham.

Hopefully he does well just so it winds up people.

He done the right thing in taking a break. I think the game changes so quickly these days that managers cant just jump job to job especially at the top level. For example I think when Klopp leaves Liverpool he will take a break like Pep has done between jobs.

He was yesterday's man almost three seasons ago.

giphy.gif

And there he goes, clear into 5th now and another chance to leapfrog the next team he plays into a CL place.
An unbelievable manager really.
If he wins next week, they can probably just hand him the EPL manager of the year trophy for Christmas!:)):)):))

He was revolutionary 20 years ago. Has not reacted to change..

He's a ridiculous hypocrite who takes whatever opinion fits his current agenda, regardless of how he's felt about it before. The fact that when he gets a new job the media down there seem to forget all his antics frustrates me. Hes a good coach but he'll no doubt be gone in 18 months after some sort of mini fiasco

I’d say he’s revolutionary right now. From 14th and 2-3 points above relegation to winning your next game and you’re in the CL places within a month?

Feck sake Mearns, u thought you'd know better than to judge so soon, Solsjkaer had Utd winning umpteen games in a row, putting out PSG in the Champions League and was going to have them challenging for the league this year. Never judge the new manager bounce!

Feck sake Mearns, u thought you'd know better than to judge so soon, Solsjkaer had Utd winning umpteen games in a row, putting out PSG in the Champions League and was going to have them challenging for the league this year. Never judge the new manager bounce!
To be honest, it’s as much for the noise up as it is pointing out facts.
Well, they’re fast becoming facts.
There’s no doubt Jose’s struggled at times in his last few jobs, and I don’t think this Spurs team are any great shakes, but if he does get them into the top 4 he’s achieving.
They’re probably going to need a proper rebuild over January and next summer.
If anything it’s going to be very interesting to see how it all unfolds. It always is with Jose.

Jose is one of the best managers of all time with the trophy haul to back it up.

Why he attracts criticism is one of the mysteries of the modern age.

Enjoy him, ffs, he's a 'Special One'.

Less than a month into a job in which he's still enjoying a honeymoon period, but short termist evaluations twas always the way of the internet.

Taking the champions league finalists to Molineux and coming away with 3 points is right up there with his greatest achievements.
Do you always go into Mourinho threads to post negativity about him?
I don’t think you’ve ever said anything positive about him. That’s quite an achievement given he’s pretty much the greatest manager ever.

Back