Moving away from Ibrox if a better stadium could be built?

marc_dgris

At the moment I'm sitting in the Veltins Arena in Germany. It's a cracking stadium, easy to access by public transport and with plenty of parking. Directly in front of me is a purpose built TV camera position. The roof is closed tonight.
Suppose the possibility arose, and financially, it was paid off within ten years and with league wins during that period, could you countenance Rangers moving out of Ibrox if it was to an easily accessible, suburban, 80,000 seat stadium?

At the moment I'm sitting in the Veltins Arena in Germany. It's a cracking stadium, easy to access by public transport and with plenty of parking. Directly in front of me is a purpose built TV camera position. The roof is closed tonight.
Suppose the possibility arose, and financially, it was paid off within ten years and with league wins during that period, could you countenance Rangers moving out of Ibrox if it was to an easily accessible, suburban, 80,000 seat stadium?
Too many suppositions, not likely to become reality. Any upgrades or expansion to Ibrox would be more than welcome.

Hypothetical nonsense, no way, the beauty/heritage and history is steeped in the place.
A new set of gates replicating the classics should be installed though.

I know the op is being hypothetical, but moving away completely would only work if the stadium was in prime land. No offence to Ibrox and Govan bears, but it’s in a shithole.

And no, in answer to your question

From a Footballing sense possibly something like the Spurs Stadium would be phenomenal, but due to what happened in 1971 Ibrox Stadium is scared ground and its unthinkable to move away

Ibrox Stadium/Park is Rangers, it's the one constant where other things change, it remains there. To even consider such a thing is completely absurd.
It isn't.

If we get to the point where we need a capacity we can't match where we are, it's a serious possibility.

Nobody is proactively longing for it, but in terms of capacity and running costs, it's a conversation that will need to be had within 30 years imo.

If it is something that drastic, I'd sooner we demolish all but the main stand, but dismissing the possibility of us ever moving from where we are when we are seriously restricted in terms of adding basic amenities like more seats means it cannot be as mad as you say.

We have so much potential in the foot print of the stadium that we should focus on.

But rather than add a few thousand here and there, I’d take down the Copland and Broomloan add significant attendance to those. Then the govan to finish it off.

The footprint though. So much opportunity to make something renowned world wide.

If I had squllions to spend. I would keep thee Main stand as an official front of stadium, remove club deck, demolish other 3 stands, and buy land behind Govan, and build a circular 80,000 or whatever stadium right behind main stand. The enclosures could be converted to fans space or food courts or players parking or whatever. Not sure what if anything can be done with main stand as it’s listed I think. But I’m she something could be done. Perhaps museum spaces, conference spaces.

Effectively your keeping the history of club with main stand and just connecting/bolting on a new stadium directly behind it. Managers office, should stay, but perhaps new dressing rooms, trophy rooms in a new Main stand behind old.

Back