Moving away from Ibrox if a better stadium could be built?

At the moment I'm sitting in the Veltins Arena in Germany. It's a cracking stadium, easy to access by public transport and with plenty of parking. Directly in front of me is a purpose built TV camera position. The roof is closed tonight.
Suppose the possibility arose, and financially, it was paid off within ten years and with league wins during that period, could you countenance Rangers moving out of Ibrox if it was to an easily accessible, suburban, 80,000 seat stadium?
NO

It isn't.

If we get to the point where we need a capacity we can't match where we are, it's a serious possibility.

Nobody is proactively longing for it, but in terms of capacity and running costs, it's a conversation that will need to be had within 30 years imo.

If it is something that drastic, I'd sooner we demolish all but the main stand, but dismissing the possibility of us ever moving from where we are when we are seriously restricted in terms of adding basic amenities like more seats means it cannot be as mad as you say.
Which would be what?

i am the same. but the big question is

but where? next to the docks? in some greenfield site, a brownfield site???

you can guarantee then glasgow council will demand carbon neutral transport links with minimal car use even if we chose the fuckign shetland islands.

then of course the money to pay for it.
I'd be fine with that ;) :)). Seriously though, we are a club steeped in history and tradition. A move from Ibrox is a 'no chance' from me.

If ever we wanted a state of the art stadium with a larger capacity we would need to move,Otherwise we will have patchwork improvements and additions to Ibrox.

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/football/Ibrox-named-the-best-stadium-in-the-uk-419897

Can't get the link to work for some reason.

I wouldn't be against it as long as the main stand is preserved.

The rest of the ground looks quite dated and with modern engineering etc. we could make much better use of the space.

Increased capacity including more leg room and space per seat, proper catering facilities and toilets could all be possible.

An 80,000 stadium to watch us play a Ross County or the like. Listen, we're not going to be part of this new superleague that's on the way, especially with the talk now of moving games abroad, specifically America. Not for me, when the clubs leave as they will, let's get a British league underway. There will be plenty big clubs left down south.

I wouldn't be against it as long as the main stand is preserved.

The rest of the ground looks quite dated and with modern engineering etc. we could make much better use of the space.

Increased capacity including more leg room and space per seat, proper catering facilities and toilets could all be possible.
Dated, in what sense, in that it is an anomaly to most stadiums that takes something away from it either practically or aesthtically? "Dated" is an interesting term, because some things that are "dated" have more value. In sport is Wimbledon Centre Court dated, or is Augusta dated? Arguably they are dated, but not in the perjorative sense you use to describe Ibrox. If "dated" is the criticism of Ibrox then that doesn't really wash, because through decades it has still captured the imagination of fans and players alike, past and present; so when did it suddenly become "dated" in the way you suggest? Ibrox is neither "patchwork, as described in another post, nor dated in the way you possibly infer.

At the moment I'm sitting in the Veltins Arena in Germany. It's a cracking stadium, easy to access by public transport and with plenty of parking. Directly in front of me is a purpose built TV camera position. The roof is closed tonight.
Suppose the possibility arose, and financially, it was paid off within ten years and with league wins during that period, could you countenance Rangers moving out of Ibrox if it was to an easily accessible, suburban, 80,000 seat stadium?
Never, Ibrox is iconic, known the world over and means so much to many people worldwide.

It would not be required. We already rebuilt 3 sides and could do that again rather than build a whole new stadium elsewhere.

The money we are spending adding a few seat here and there ( cantilever this summer) feels like we are just playing at expanding. Me I would knock down SJ and create a three tier stand which could wrap around and connect to the two end stands. We could create big area for corporate which added to increase in capacity will more than match anything they can generate.

Easy to access by public transport. Does such a venue of any size really exist in Scotland and i doubt GCC have the will or capability to help make it happen

It should not even be countenanced in any way whatsoever. What should always be remembered, is why the stadium we currently have was built.

Ibrox is a memorial to the 66 people who sadly lost their life while attending a Rangers game.
As far as I'm concerned, no other argument is required.

No
Ibrox is our home and always will be

Barking mad. There's not a stadium that compares to Ibrox and am saying that with my blue tinted specs off. Our main stand is a thing of sheer beauty. Steeped in history, tradition, and generates an atmosphere not many other stadiums in the world can match.

The facade of our Main Stand is special.

But the three other stands really are nothing special at all.

No-one can honestly say these three stands are amazing or anything like that.

Would never be the same if we didn’t have the wonderful building that is our main stand. Ibrox may be a bit dated but it’s history can never be relocated.

Probably one of the worst posts I've read on here.

Back