Murray and Bain and historic "dignified" silences

Professor Yaffle

Official Ticketer
All these biased, shallow, transparent attacks on our club are nothing new though what we have seen recently is the club through our excellent manager standing up for itself and raising the double standards.

Rewind to Murray and his poodle the hapless or hopeless nodding dog Martin " I agree with Peter" Bain. They meekly surrendered when we came under attack re the Billy Boys when a robust defence may have been a better idea and when it was obvious then and before that they were only interested in painting one club and fans in a bad light.

Think back to when Rangers won the league at Parkhead and one club and set of fans disgraced themselves shamefully and remember whst followed. It was called the Old Firm shame game and neutrals reading and listening to the media would be led to believe Rangers were as much to blame if not more so and our club did very little to challenge that outrageous narrative.

We have for decades rolled over and accepted media lies, bias, hatred and have been portrayed hideously by the Record, Radio Clyde and BBC Scotland and their rangers hating agenda for fsr too long.

This one sided and quite blatant bias and hatred has manifested itself in councils and politics where Rangers haters use their positions to shaft our club and fans. We can't even get a fan zone due to anti Rangers bigots on committees.

The integrity of certain councillors, MPs and MSPs is questionable and their agendas rather obvious.

Then we have the farce that is NBM putting their noses in again after ignoring anti Protestant abuse they raise their agenfa fuelled heads to highlight anti Catholic stuff. Shameful but expected of these jokers.

That takes us on to the jokers that are the SFA SPFL with their Celtic minded compliant officers (reminds me of Glaagow provosts) and Doncasters recent meeting with Humza useless (a Celtic fan) Higgins and co, I wonder what the agenda was there!!!

Our fans need to be smarter and the club need to be on the front foot agaist the bitterness and bias thrown at us daily from within the game itself and the bigots that report on it, one of who though the abuse aimed at Kris Boyd was funny.

It's never ending yet no one connected to other clubs seems interested in fairness or equality.

The game's a complete farce here to be honest but bring in the foreign refs to save it :D

Last edited:
He got a knighthood when the attacks on the club were at their peak.

The only time that Murray went on the attack and got his lawyers involved, was when it was him personally being attacked.

Also, way back in early 2006, it was predicted on FF that Murray was soon about to be knighted.
The reason for the predictions was that so many 'good news' stories about Murray and his business' started to appear in various newspapers, with the help of his PR.
Sure enough, FF was correct and Murray was Knighted in the 2007 New Years Honours List.
I think his Knighthood was officially for service to business in Scotland, BUT no coincidence imho that was the year (2006) that TBB was banned by Murray!

ps We didn't have to go through all we had to suffer from 2011, Murray could have prevented it.
https://www.scotsman.com/business/companies/murray-s-property-goal-1-1414690

Last edited:
We are at the stage where we can clearly see our enemies, know their plans , know there tactics , know what they react to ( something we too readily oblige with ) and know what the fall out will be. The question is where we go from here ? How do we turn this around ? I think it must be driven by the club as we don’t have the gravitas as a support to change anything , but if the club lead then they know they’ll have 100% backing from us.
I feel the events of Sunday & Wednesday were a watershed and this has reached a point where selective reporting has been exposed as being as obvious as night follows day.

This has been an orchastrated effort by the Catholics when they saw that the route they were taking was getting them nowhere The census in the late 80s showed the Catholics held 17% of the population in Scotland and had virtually no voice due the the dominant Protestants.

The looked to change it and over the last 30 years they have got themselves in all the top jobs in the country and filled the jobs behind them with like minded people until we have got to the stage where we are now where they control sport, politics, the legal system ete etc. At elections, the Protestants voted for the person who policys they liked or who they historically voted for.....the Catholics voted for the Catholic no matter policys or parties and the catholic Church played a huge part in this.
You only have to look at the meeting called by the SFA !!
Yousaf, Higgins and Fitzpatrick. Its like a scene from father Ted but certainly not funny.

How we fight back and get a foothold again. God know but it needs to be done

Moonbeams and Smithers were interested in MIH first, Rangers second. When it came to money, they recklessly lurched from excess and largesse to fire-sales and austerity and their approach to PR was exactly the same. How can we get through the next week/month and weather this criticism (specifically deflecting anything away from Murray personally) and no thought beyond the short term. No long term vision about he we should deal with this stuff and combined strategy. This historic cack handed approach is partly why we're constantly on the back foot.

What’s past is past.

The club needs to start highlighting the inconsistencies at every turn.

Every and any perceived bias needs to be recorded and thrown back at both the media and the football authorities.

Only when we are consistently doing this, when our enemies know that each and every snyde slight they sneak in against us will be challenged will we start seeing any sort of difference.

They’ve gotten away with it for so long through the inactions of previous regimes.

That has to stop.

Had our club tackled media propaganda and the lying internet bampots head on in the mid 2000s I honestly don't think a lot of what's gone on over the last 7 years would have happened.

An example is we sat back and allowed the tax case blog to steal illegally obtained private information and pump out lie after lie for years while we did nothing. That in turn made us completely unsaleable which is why Whyte got his hands on the club and caused all this mess.

As for the media it's been a constant drip drip effect over the years. How many times has the mHeida splashed a picture over the front page of someone accused of committing a crime in the west of Scotland and managed to find some picture of them wearing a Rangers top? Even though the story had absolutely nothing to do with football.

Mickey Carroll is a prime example the first sentence on any story about him always reads Lotto lout Rangers fan. I've never seen a story about him in which the fact he's a Rangers fan has never been brought up.

We are like a kid on the play ground getting bullied at times and it won't stop till we turn around and smack these bullies in the jaw and make them think twice about the lies they pump out.

Last edited:
All these biased, shallow, transparent attacks on our club are nothing new though what we have seen recently is the club through our excellent manager standing up for itself and raising the double standards.

Rewind to Murray and his poodle the hapless or hopeless nodding dog Martin " I agree with Peter" Bain. They meekly surrendered when we came under attack re the Billy Boys when a robust defence may have been a better idea and when it was obvious then and before that they were only interested in painting one club and fans in a bad light.

Think back to when Rangers won the league at Parkhead and one club and set of fans disgraced themselves shamefully and remember whst followed. It was called the Old Firm shame game and neutrals reading and listening to the media would be led to believe Rangers were as much to blame if not more so and our club did very little to chsllenge that outrageous narrative.

We have for decades rolled over and accepted media lies, bias, hatred and have been portrayed hideously by the Record, Radio Clyde and BBC Scotland and their rangers hating agenda for fsr too long.

This one sided and quite blatant bias and hatred has manifested itself in councils and politics where Rangers haters use their positions to shaft our club and fans. We can't even get a fan zone due to anti Rangers bigots on committees.

The integrity of certain councillors, MPs and MSPs is questionable and their agendas rather obvious.

Then we have the farce that is NBM putting their noses in again after ignoring anti Protestant abuse they raise their agenfa fuelled heads to highlight anti Catholic stuff. Shameful but expected of these jokers.

That takes us on to the jokers that are the SFA SPFL with their Celtic minded compliant officers (reminds me of Glaagow provosts) and Doncasters recent meeting with Humza useless (a Celtic fan) Higgins and co, I wonder what the agenda was there!!!

Our fans need to be smarter and the club need to be on the front foot agaist the bitterness and bias thrown at us daily from within the game itself and the bigots that report on it, one of who though the abuse aimed at Kris Boyd was funny.

It's never ending yet no one connected to other clubs seems interested in fairness or equality.

The game's a complete farce here to be honest but bring in the foreign refs to save it :D
Mr Edgar will no doubt get to the 1st part of your post on H&H, The Murray years

This has been an orchastrated effort by the Catholics when they saw that the route they were taking was getting them nowhere The census in the late 80s showed the Catholics held 17% of the population in Scotland and had virtually no voice due the the dominant Protestants.

The looked to change it and over the last 30 years they have got themselves in all the top jobs in the country and filled the jobs behind them with like minded people until we have got to the stage where we are now where they control sport, politics, the legal system ete etc. At elections, the Protestants voted for the person who policys they liked or who they historically voted for.....the Catholics voted for the Catholic no matter policys or parties and the catholic Church played a huge part in this.
You only have to look at the meeting called by the SFA !!
Yousaf, Higgins and Fitzpatrick. Its like a scene from father Ted but certainly not funny.

How we fight back and get a foothold again. God know but it needs to be done
I started working upon leaving School in 1972 with an engineering based company in Kinning Park.
At that time they had only in the previous couple of years stopped the policy of not employing Catholics. I doubt it was 'official policy' but just happened. Certainly the guy who interviewed & employed me was keen to know my school background & was not disappointed with my response.
Can you believe that ever existed?

What’s past is past.

The club needs to start highlighting the inconsistencies at every turn.

Every and any perceived bias needs to be recorded and thrown back at both the media and the football authorities.

Only when we are consistently doing this, when our enemies know that each and every snyde slight they sneak in against us will be challenged will we start seeing any sort of difference.

They’ve gotten away with it for so long through the inactions of previous regimes.

That has to stop.
Re what's past is past. The past keeps repeating in a way that protects one lot and attacks us.

Don't forget.

The Billy boys would never have been won - times have changed. BUT we should have gone on the attack after we banished it - the H word, DOB etc etc, we should have called out every occasion where sectarian insults were used against Rangers staff, players or fans. However Murray had no interest in that, and once we had 'cleaned up our act' the media had no interest in any other club.

The Billy boys would never have been won - times have changed. BUT we should have gone on the attack after we banished it - the H word, DOB etc etc, we should have called out every occasion where sectarian insults were used against Rangers staff, players or fans. However Murray had no interest in that, and once we had 'cleaned up our act' the media had no interest in any other club.
not true
we won it first time ..........

They changed the meaning of a word to go after us.

That's how deep and deranged it was / is.

SDM believed that you treat a man with respect, he will reciprocate. Growing up as a bluenose , you know that's not the case now.
Accept nothing, concede nothing.
Fight the war we are in. The last week has shown up everything wrong in Scottish football.
Celtic fans wreck seats, sectarian abuse at Kris Boyd and a coin thrown.
No comment from Celtic, Spiers, English,McLaughlin, NBM or SRtRC re sectarianism.
Rangers fans use sectarian abuse to Clarke.
Rangers apologise, and Spiers, English, McLaughlin, NBM and SRtRC issue statements.
The media won't help us, so call them out and question why they have selective hearing.

It is absolutely true that Martin Bain did not want to employ Rangers fans at Ibrox. Where do you even start with that? He was discriminating against the clubs own supporters!

They changed the meaning of a word to go after us.

That's how deep and deranged it was / is.

We live in a post-McPherson world, where the perception of racism/sectarianism etc in the eye of the observer. And I would argue that for some, that word was a derogatory term for catholic. I'd heard it used that way going back to the 70s.

We live in a post-McPherson world, where the perception of racism/sectarianism etc in the eye of the observer. And I would argue that for some, that word was a derogatory term for catholic. I'd heard it used that way going back to the 70s.
Eye of the observer? Well I observe terms like hun scum, orange bastard yet people like Walker think its funny and bogus charities, MSPs, MPs and broadcasters do not report on it.

Until the playing field is levelled off somewhat, this whole thing is an utter sham and a vehicle to demonise one group, one club where there's another mob totally out of control that can do or say as they please.

And yet there are a load on here who would have us say nothing about the hounding of Alfredo.
One ditty and we get battered in all areas of the media.
We need to get rid of the "I know what fenien means" when the greater population think it equals Irish Roman Catholic or just RC.
How can we complain about Orange this or Hun that?
It's like the Red Hand Salute!

Silence only gives succor to those lying and to those hearing the lies validation.

A post-McPherson world?

That'll be Archie, who refused to comment on the single, biggest incident of racism, ever in the British isles, yet two weeks later was ashamed to be Scottish at Tynecastle, when the same incidents happened but on a far ,far smaller scale.

Tell you what, much as I had no time for him, post-McPherson Scotland is even worse. The eyes of the beholder don't need to see things now, they just make them up as they see fit.

there are plenty of hand wringers on this board who feel the same way

they won't be happy until our support is sat in silence politely applauding when we score

sheep with wallets right enough

Back