Mygers - Friends and Family

SE5

Is friends and family not a thing now when it comes to Away Tickets?

I've been allocated an away ticket for motherwell but my son hasn't (both had registered), on the old scheme we'd get assigned our tickets together.

There is literally nothing good about this new system, the work you have to put in to getting tickets is mental compared to when you used to just have to tick a box at the start of the year.

Also - the website for preregistrations for away games is a shambles, I work in IT as a techie and it just took me 25 mins to apply for all away games for the two of us, again, I used to tick a box on a form and took what I got - can we get back to that please?

Also @Greg Marshall when we see the emails every other week stating X number of people didn’t take up their tickets for x game - this is most likely the reason why.

For as long as friends and family has been a thing away tickets have been assigned together.

I think if you're different tiers you arent guaranteed same games but if both allocated same games seats are together. Someone will know better than me though

Is friends and family not a thing now when it comes to Away Tickets?

I've been allocated an away ticket for motherwell but my son hasn't (both had registered), on the old scheme we'd get assigned our tickets together.

There is literally nothing good about this new system, the work you have to put in to getting tickets is mental compared to when you used to just have to tick a box at the start of the year.

Also - the website for preregistrations for away games is a shambles, I work in IT as a techie and it just took me 25 mins to apply for all away games for the two of us, again, I used to tick a box on a form and took what I got - can we get back to that please?
What age is he? Basically I think Greg said that any kids under 16 would be allocated with an adult if successful in the ballot. I’m not sure if that applies if its the adult thats successful in the ballot though (as in your situation). Either way, both need to be in the same tier.

If they allocated friendship groups, which can be up to 5 folk, when just 1 was successful in the ballot then that would be unfair - unless all 5 went into the ballot as a single ‘ticket’. Even then you have the dilemma of what ballot they go into if they are in different tiers. Let’s say, 2 in Gold, 1 in Silver and 2 in Bronze - then surely they’d have to go into the Bronze ballot as a single ticket? I’m not sure the Golds in that friendship group would be so keen on that. Friendship groups are an issue but I don’t think there’s a simple solution that suits all.

We’re both silver - he’s 12.

point Is that it’s just too much effort for very little, I’d rather just go back to taking what I was given in the ballot (we’re almost at that point now we can register for all the games up until January)

point Is that it’s just too much effort for very little, I’d rather just go back to taking what I was given in the ballot (we’re almost at that point now we can register for all the games up until January)
As I understand it, if he is successful in the ballot then you will get a ticket as well. Not vice versa though. Effectively, therefore, you get two bites of the cherry in the ballot to his one.

I got st mirren, my son never, my son got Motherwell and so did i, both silver. Unless i was extremely lucky and got 2 in a row, i think i got motherwell cause my son got 1

Do you link the application on your account, ask for 2 tickets and use the drop down menu.
If you do it that way it appears in your basket for the ballot.
Applied for my adult sons ticket for both St Mirren and Motherwell and we were allocated tickets.
They were sent in the one envelope for the St Mirren game.

Do you register both of you through ONE account- I register both myself and the good lady on one account when applying for tickets- I choose quantity as 2 update basket- select and change one of tickets to other half from friends and family- update basket again- then checkout.
This has given us tickets sitting together for the 2 games we have had tickets for up till now.

I also pay for tickets through one account for the both of us following the same process

Ps. It took me around 10 minutes to apply for all tickets up to winter break by using the above method

Do you register both of you through ONE account- I register both myself and the good lady on one account when applying for tickets- I choose quantity as 2 update basket- select and change one of tickets to other half from friends and family- update basket again- then checkout.
This has given us tickets sitting together for the 2 games we have had tickets for up till now.

I also pay for tickets through one account for the both of us following the same process

Ps. It took me around 10 minutes to apply for all tickets up to winter break by using the above method
That's how I do it.

I’m low gold, son is 15 and high silver.

We’ve only had St Johnstone together (he was successful and I therefore got by default). I was also successful for Dundee and Motherwell but will sell on as the fun for me is going together and making a day of it.

It’s looking we’ll probably get around the same number together as we did on the old system as it will depend entirely on what he gets allocated.

I’m low gold, son is 15 and high silver.

We’ve only had St Johnstone together (he was successful and I therefore got by default). I was also successful for Dundee and Motherwell but will sell on as the fun for me is going together and making a day of it.

It’s looking we’ll probably get around the same number together as we did on the old system as it will depend entirely on what he gets allocated.
my issue, along with the F&F (I'm gold, one daughter is silver other is bronze) is the people in silver who claim to have had a couple of games while my daughter has had none.
Hopefully we will get seats together for the Semi-final

Yeah done the same with requesting 2 tickets on the one account then changing to his rangers number.

I think Valley Bluenose might have nailed it though where I've came up for a ticket and not him, if it was the other way around I'd have got one as well.

On the tickets up to the winter break - this is how it went for me

1. Logged in
2. Add 2 tickets
3. Get error saying you can't
4. Change one of the tickets to my Son
5. Click Update Basket
6. Scroll up and down to find the free basket option
7. Checkout
8. Get an error to say you haven't accepted the terms and conditions (Which it then shows you the tick box for.
9. Tick the Box
10. Click Purchase.

Go to do the next game start the process above again only to find you have been logged out, log in again and that start at 1 above, repeat for 5 games.

In summary - it's shite, like everything to do with ticketing / mygers, ill thought out, under tested shite.

my issue, along with the F&F (I'm gold, one daughter is silver other is bronze) is the people in silver who claim to have had a couple of games while my daughter has had none.
Hopefully we will get seats together for the Semi-final

You will mate.

I’ve only just sussed out what to do to register together , would never work before , hit drop down menu changed my name to everybody’s on friends and family , update basket , never any joy , MYGers employee emailed me back saying try it 3/4 times the basket will eventually catch it and it did for Motherwell

Back