Naismith McLean Walker Moult...

Gramps1

Official Ticketer
We would have got those 4 for half the money we have spunked on Herra and Pena.
Guys that know what we're all about know scottish fitba and wouldn't take **** knows how long to settle in.
We would be cruising the now......

I said it earlier we should have gone for them all but Dolly would never have sold us McLean.
The other 3 would have made a massive difference and should all be signed In January along with McLean on a pre contract.

Totally agree. They 2 signings should be enough to get him the bullet. Money is scarce and wasting that much on they pair is criminal.

Totally agree. They 2 signings should be enough to get him the bullet. Money is scarce and wasting that much on they pair is criminal.

I wouldn't write either of yet problem is neither look ready yet nearly 2 months into the the season.

I said it earlier we should have gone for them all but Dolly would never have sold us McLean.
The other 3 would have made a massive difference and should all be signed In January along with McLean on a pre contract.
If we offered them a decient wedge plus MOH they would have.
People saying we will get them for free next season that does nothing for us for this season though and we're stuck with 2 guys that bring zero to the team that cost a fecking fortune.

Guys that know what we're all about know scottish fitba and wouldn't take **** knows how long to settle in.

Not sure we'd be cruising mate but we'd be much better placed than now there is no question. We'll end up paying the Mexican guys off no one will buy them.

Aberdeen wouldn't sell us McLean, Hearts moved the goalposts regarding Walker who'll we most likely sign in January, Moult not for me and was there really any interest Naismith on either side

Don't agree about Moult but the other 3 should have been signed although as others have said Aberdeen wouldn't have been easy to deal with

Here fukin here, I'd even add Lafferty to that. How long does it take a pro-footballer to get fit, all he does is train?? And why was he unfit in the first place, he is a professional athlete.

I think Pena and Herra are in the mould of Prodan and Rozenthal.

If OP means "Original Poster" then well said OP.

If we offered them a decient wedge plus MOH they would have.
People saying we will get them for free next season that does nothing for us for this season though and we're stuck with 2 guys that bring zero to the team that cost a fecking fortune.

If we offered Dolly 2,000,000 for McLean I still don't think they would have sold him to us ,
May be different if we actually get him to put pen to paper in January.

Pena looks like he's never played football before and Herrera must be one of the slowest players I've ever seen in my life. He's supposed to be a target man and yet he was nowhere near any of the cross balls into the box.

If your auntie had baws she'd be your uncle aswell, as the old saying goes

Yep - in hindsight, I'm surprised the board authorized the ÂŁ4m spend on those two.

If they fail, how on earth are we gonna shift them?

An albatross on the manager's neck.

As a different example, we definitely could have signed Naismith and Weiss instead of Herrera and Pena. Just sounds obvious really.

Moult? Geez f ucking peace.

How can you criticise players and urge us to sign that lump of wood.

Any ounce of credibility you may have had OP, has flown out the window with that one.
Scores plenty of goals in the SPFL for shite like Motherwell do you not think he would score for us???
Put it this way who would you prefer to come on when we're looking for a goal like last night Moult or Herrara???

Crystal ball speculation.

Alternatively, we could have signed them and still be in our current position, with folk on here saying "signing SPL dross doesn't work, we should have been bold and thought outside the box, why didn't we sign the Mexicans?".

Have to agree.

Ready???

How long do we wait till ÂŁ4 million worth of players can pass a ball 5 yards??

They aren't up to speed which is as much down to the manager and coaching staff as anyone.

Either Herrera or Pena should have had a run of games to get up to speed.

I can see qualitys in both players but can already tell Pena is more of a secondary striker than a CM

Don't understand this fascination with Moult. He's a bang average SPL player. No more, no less. If folk are looking at alternatives to Herrera or Pena then fair enough, we've all got our own opinion, but need to aim higher than the likes of Moult.

They aren't up to speed which is as much down to the manager and coaching staff as anyone.

Either Herrera or Pena should have had a run of games to get up to speed.

I can see qualitys in both players but can already tell Pena is more of a secondary striker than a CM
What qualities does Herrera have?

It's criminal they're not ready to contribute yet. I still think they will have something to offer but by the time that comes it will be too late.

As a different example, we definitely could have signed Naismith and Weiss instead of Herrera and Pena. Just sounds obvious really.

We could never sign Weiss. He's on an astronomical wage relative to what we can afford.

Naismith had a long run of poor games for us not long after signing. Good thing he didn't get the same treatment the two Mexican lads are getting or he might have never found his feet.

What qualities does Herrera have?

Looks like he can hold a ball has a physical presence and the goal he scored against Ross County was a good finish.

He's slow though and not sure If he's ever going to be suitable for Scottish football but with out a run in the team we will never know .

3 of those 4 can be signed on pre contract in a few months time and brought in for buttons then compared to what it would of cost in the summer, the saving on that will more than cover all 3 of their salaries for the first season. Would we be stronger or better with them in the squad for me it is a yes, is the club in a position to ignore the financial saving of the fees that were being demanded and getting them on a pre contact ? The fact the 2 most expensive signings are nowhere near the first team starters yet is alarming and I understand they need time to adjust, the fact neither is capable of putting in a 90 min shift (even if it was a poor shift) is a concern.

Yep - in hindsight, I'm surprised the board authorized the ÂŁ4m spend on those two.

If they fail, how on earth are we gonna shift them?

An albatross on the manager's neck.

Looking at the record of both over the last few seasons both were a gamble that Pedro shouldn't have been allowed to take.
We might still get lucky with both, but with money tight the board shouldn't have sanctioned both moves.

Don't understand this fascination with Moult. He's a bang average SPL player. No more, no less. If folk are looking at alternatives to Herrera or Pena then fair enough, we've all got our own opinion, but need to aim higher than the likes of Moult.

Fair enough regarding Moult still would prefer him than Herrara though.

Nah to Moult he's a carthorse.

If true that Jason Cummings had a buy out clause we should have been all over that. I had been campaigning for months on the old board that his signing should have been a priority.

Cummings and Morelos would have been shit hot.

Supplemented by Walker and Naismith, I'm sure we would have been in good shape.

It is what it is though sadly, will our signings come good? Only time will tell.

Yet to see enough of Pena to shut the door on him but initial signs are not special for the outlay. Similarly Herrera, not much in him that will light up the team in the final third. Big test next week which will make or break many players in the fans eyes.

I think Walker, McLean, maybe Naismith too - could replace the second striker as a CAM/CF type. Think Pena could play this as well.

Not sure about Elbows Moult

Master of hindsight given the poor performances from the Mexicans. But the word coming from auchenhowie after they signed was that the first raft of imports were not up to standard.

We didn't sign the above so have to make do with what we've got. If we can keep in touching distance with scum by oct/nov, no more than 5/6 points between us then at least we have some sort of a chance.

Compared to last season after 6 games, we are 2 points and 7 goals better off this season. So we have improved but only marginally.

Scores plenty of goals in the SPFL for shite like Motherwell do you not think he would score for us???
Put it this way who would you prefer to come on when we're looking for a goal like last night Moult or Herrara???
Easy doing it for Motherwell put a Rangers strip on Moult and it would weigh heavily on the lump of lards back.

Easy doing it for Motherwell put a Rangers strip on Moult and it would weigh heavily on the lump of lards back.

Would you say he's a better or worse player than Boyd was ?

For all Boyds faults he scored regularly against the wee teams which is something we badly need .

Looking at the record of both over the last few seasons both were a gamble that Pedro shouldn't have been allowed to take.
We might still get lucky with both, but with money tight the board shouldn't have sanctioned both moves.

I don't blame the board for backing him, because if you start dictating who can and can't sign you would be as well sacking him. You have to back your judgement he is the right man. Whether they chose the right man in the first place is a different story.

Maybe doesn't have to be those 4 but the OP makes a good point.

We need another 4 or 5 million at Christmas to guarantee second place. Fek knows where we would get that from rite enuf.

Back