NARSA 2021 - Postponed

Has 2022 now been cancelled as well?
NARSA podcast saying they hope to be in a position to advise 2022 host next week. It will not be Toronto though.

Now got flights to Toronto which are of little use to me and unable to be transferred to the following year. I’m sure there will be many like me

NARSA podcast saying they hope to be in a position to advise 2022 host next week. It will not be Toronto though.

Now got flights to Toronto which are of little use to me and unable to be transferred to the following year. I’m sure there will be many like me
As it stands you wouldn't get in to Toronto, no guarantee that'll change by June, your flight may well get cancelled.

Here is what I got from NARSA.

Hello Hello!

I hope everyone is doing as well as can be expected in these uncertain times.

Further to our convention-related communication in mid-November, we've been exploring various options open to us in terms of the 2021 event and have jointly agreed with Bramalea RSC that the 2021 convention will be postponed to 2022. The 2022 convention will still be hosted by Bramalea RSC and will still be at the Westin Harbour Castle (dates to be announced shortly).

Back in October we had a placeholder with Bramalea RSC to decide our convention 'go/no-go' for February 2021, however as things have continued to materialize (even with the vaccine now in distribution), we've just run out of time to logistically host the type of event we were all planning / hoping for, as we have no real idea right now what things will look like in the world in early June 2021.

Definitely not the news we were all hoping for in our 55 season, but the 150th anniversary year celebrations will be bigger and better in 2022 as we welcome 56!

We'll work with the hotel in terms of the 2021 bookings already made (ideally we can have them block-cancelled to save everyone having to do so on their own, so for now there is no need for you to do anything and we'll be in touch next week), and Bramalea RSC will be in touch with Bears who have booked excursion events to determine next steps on those.

In terms of the AGM that we'd host at the convention, we will be able to host this remotely (as we do with the wintertime General Meeting), so convention postponement will not materially impact our ability to continue operating. We can discuss this at the General Meeting once we've locked in on the dates for that.

Follow Follow!

Gary Gillan
President, NARSA
President, RSCC

Here is what I got from NARSA.

Hello Hello!

I hope everyone is doing as well as can be expected in these uncertain times.

Further to our convention-related communication in mid-November, we've been exploring various options open to us in terms of the 2021 event and have jointly agreed with Bramalea RSC that the 2021 convention will be postponed to 2022. The 2022 convention will still be hosted by Bramalea RSC and will still be at the Westin Harbour Castle (dates to be announced shortly).

Back in October we had a placeholder with Bramalea RSC to decide our convention 'go/no-go' for February 2021, however as things have continued to materialize (even with the vaccine now in distribution), we've just run out of time to logistically host the type of event we were all planning / hoping for, as we have no real idea right now what things will look like in the world in early June 2021.

Definitely not the news we were all hoping for in our 55 season, but the 150th anniversary year celebrations will be bigger and better in 2022 as we welcome 56!

We'll work with the hotel in terms of the 2021 bookings already made (ideally we can have them block-cancelled to save everyone having to do so on their own, so for now there is no need for you to do anything and we'll be in touch next week), and Bramalea RSC will be in touch with Bears who have booked excursion events to determine next steps on those.

In terms of the AGM that we'd host at the convention, we will be able to host this remotely (as we do with the wintertime General Meeting), so convention postponement will not materially impact our ability to continue operating. We can discuss this at the General Meeting once we've locked in on the dates for that.

Follow Follow!

Gary Gillan
President, NARSA
President, RSCC

That's now out of date. The 2022 contention won't be hosted by Bramalea.

I would go for Vegas, think the last time that 2500 bears attended. Think if they moved it there again, there would be over 3000 this time to celebrate 55.

Be
2020 in San Francisco was cancelled. Why not go there in 2021 or 2022?
Couldn’t go to SF in 2021 because 2021 was already under contract in Toronto - hosted by Bramalea. SF was offered first right of refusal on 2022, but due to mitigating circumstances the local club passed on the idea.

LOTS of time and effort is spent pulling these events together and with the association protocol etc it’s never just a matter of pitching up somewhere.

2022 is massive for all bears.... stay tuned

Back