Nathan Patterson to Everton - Update 02/01 - £12m with fee rising to £16m with add-ons & sell on clause

Come on, you surely wouldn't be starting Kelly ahead of Davis vs. Sparta Prague or at Easter Road, for example?

I agree with promoting from within but the quality has to be there. In too many cases, though, it isn't.
I completely agree that the quality has to be there. The point I am trying to make us that sometimes the guys we sign to take their place aren't good enough. An example I'll use is the 05/06 season. We signed absolute dross like Nieto, Jeffers, Bernard, Fanfan etc. when we could of promoted the likes of Alan Hutton, Stevie Smith, Charlie Adam, Chris Burke and Ross McCormack. I would just like to see us giving our own a chance in the first instance. I they are not good enough then use the transfer market but at least give them a chance.

I completely agree that the quality has to be there. The point I am trying to make us that sometimes the guys we sign to take their place aren't good enough. An example I'll use is the 05/06 season. We signed absolute dross like Nieto, Jeffers, Bernard, Fanfan etc. when we could of promoted the likes of Alan Hutton, Stevie Smith, Charlie Adam, Chris Burke and Ross McCormack. I would just like to see us giving our own a chance in the first instance. I they are not good enough then use the transfer market but at least give them a chance.
Very good post some of those signings still give me nightmares

You better hope - should they turn the tables we will be lost without CL money.

It does matter, there was organized corruption to help them get a full squad back to play us.
I don’t hope I know. They haven’t laid a glove on us for two calendar years and we are better all over the park than them.

When I saw Kelly play in the Scottish under 21 side, he was average at best.

Steven Davis can't get in our team just now, but he is still an outstanding midfielder and record cap holder for N. Ireland.

Kelly isn't close to his level mate.
Fair enough. Take Davis/Kelly out if it. Use Brandon Barker and Glenn Middleton or Ross McCrorie and Jack Simpson. I'm not saying that Middleton and Ross McCrorie are Rangers class but they are the same if not better than the two players who we brought in on bigger wages to play a role in the squad that they could easily have played. That's my point.

I don’t hope I know. They haven’t laid a glove on us for two calendar years and we are better all over the park than them.
If we hadn't beat them in 2 years and were 6 points behind, these miserable and permanently pessimistic wankers wouldn't give us a chance of winning the league this season. Some of them were genuinely worried last season when everyone could see it was basically done by December. That they still think Celtic will probably do it, or we have to be really, really cautious about it sums them up. I am not stupid and realize that things can change in football, I just think it's unlikely that our strong squad, new manager and better players won't win the league given what we know about both squads. They just literally brought forward the window because their depleted squad was so bad. Being the first one to say "I was right" when things go wrong is a weird psychological defect I can't get my head around. See every thread on new signings or transfer links and oddballs wanting to be the first ones in there to say they won't make it here, based on essentially zero evidence.

Quick point about any Celtic fan going on about paying V.A.T on players remind them that also is true about any “multimilyun” transfer they have been involved in and would be even less for what they crowed on about getting for French Eddie

Quick point about any Celtic fan going on about paying V.A.T on players remind them that also is true about any “multimilyun” transfer they have been involved in and would be even less for what they crowed on about getting for French Eddie

They've been robbing Glasgow taxpayers for as long as I can remember. Cheap land for peanuts, a stadium and surrounding area refurbished for pennies. The list goes on and on.

Bassey has done better with the opportunities he’s been given than Patterson imo.

He’s absolutely forced his way into the 11.

At times he genuinely pushed Barisic out the 11, can’t really say the same for Patterson with Tav.

Not saying Patterson hasn’t done well, but Bassey is a more important player, especially with the way he’s developed at CB.
Young Bassey has done really well but Barisic has been injured and out of form and that's what gave Calvin his chance he is now playing well at Centre half but again that is due to Balogun and Helander being injured.Tav is never injured and his stats make him undroppable so it's not a fair comparison with Patterson.

Their team is depleted and the fkpigs managed to get the Jan 2nd match moved back.

I believe they had an outside chance at best in that match. A Rangers win would have made us highly unlikely to catch.

I have a sizeable wedge on us to win the league and could possibly lose out to these corrupt vermin.

Rangers could lose out on huge CL revenue due to organized crime.

And yet some posters are blabbering bring them on, give us their top team, stop being pessimistic.

As @monkey magic says, it will get worse, they will stoop to new lows to try and stop us.

Young Bassey has done really well but Barisic has been injured and out of form and that's what gave Calvin his chance he is now playing well at Centre half but again that is due to Balogun and Helander being injured.Tav is never injured and his stats make him undroppable so it's not a fair comparison with Patterson.
I don’t think Bassey puts Barisic out the team when Helander is back and he’s not needed at center back. He was good for back up when Borna was struggling but he’s back to his best now and I don’t think Calvin puts him out team in this form

Actually a cracking crop of players coming through when you think about it.

Actually a cracking crop of players coming through when you think about it.
Smith would have been better than Hutton if not for injury IMO, the others had solid careers down south moving for big money.

The Adam one annoys me a bit, but at the time we weren’t really in a position to ask for too much more as he didn’t properly turn it on till Blackpool’s promotion season.

I felt Burke left too early, but perhaps they two didn’t really suit Walter’s style of play at the time and we couldn’t afford luxuries.

We lined up for a last 16 tie in the champions league with 4 academy graduates in the starting 11, a point often overlooked.

A little context to this transfer is in the offing, with Rangers set to make more for a fledgling right back with a handful of appearances than Athletico Madrid will make from an English international La Liga winning right back.

It is saddening to see him go, but the club and Wilson in particular deserve credit for a deal that suits us very well indeed.

Smith would have been better than Hutton if not for injury IMO, the others had solid careers down south moving for big money.

The Adam one annoys me a bit, but at the time we weren’t really in a position to ask for too much more as he didn’t properly turn it on till Blackpool’s promotion season.

I felt Burke left too early, but perhaps they two didn’t really suit Walter’s style of play at the time and we couldn’t afford luxuries.

We lined up for a last 16 tie in the champions league with 4 academy graduates in the starting 11, a point often overlooked.
100% agree re Smith. He looked an outstanding prospect until injury. Adam was a strange one. I don't think anyone could of predicted the level he would go onto play. And Burke had the ability but sure I read somewhere him saying he didn't apply himself anywhere near enough.

I suppose if you throw in what was it 4 million comp for Gerrard and his team? That's 16 million and there will be you would imagine at least one big outgoing in the Summer. It will be in the tens of millions quickly. Even before throwing in potential CL money.

The lads never played a full regular season as first choice, so we don’t know how injury prone he is.
In that respect it’s a bit of a gamble from Everton if they intend to make him their number one right back.

So now they are all claiming that it was a joke, and that they were at the windup due to Rangers fans' doing the same with Edouard and Ajer.

I haven't seen any Rangers fans do the same, nor have I seen any Rangers blogs writing a story about it.

FIaG2NDWUAYnlm6

Along with pretending they were joking about the fantasy figure, they’re now trying to pretend they’re not raging because “we undersold him for over £11m instead of playing him for a couple of years and getting much more”
The lies just run out of them. It’s a horrible, ugly art form with them.

Trabsfermarkt.co.uk still has Nathan listed with a value ( to us) of £1.44m! total squad of £98.5m with Kent at £12.6m and Alf at £10.8m. Lets hope when time is right there is same mark up on their value.

For comparison they have C3ltic at £71.1m so they don't always have lower values.

Back