Nathan Young Coombes

We need to get him on a new long term deal after this, only 2 years left after this & premiership teams bound to be sniffing about now. Constant menace to the Roma defence

He's a really good prospect, but he's still got to show that he can make the step up.

He plays on the edge, works hard, has good movement and that turn inside the box reminded me of Michael Mols.

Certainly looks like he has a chance even at this stage.
I'm sure he will be disappointed about the couple of chances he has had

he done a wee piece of skill in the last game that was unreal.. we flick over then volley across the box for a chance.

He commented when he signed that he hopes to be in the reserves by the end of the season.

“I got given the opportunity to play for the best team in Scotland and took it,” said Young-Coombes. “I’m a quick, aggressive in behind runner that works hard. My aim is, just turning 16, to hopefully be in around training with the reserves later on in the season,”

First chance to get a proper look at the lad and as other posters have commented on the similarities to Mols was there to see.

Dont think we will be able to hang onto him even long enough to make the 1st team.

He looks that good.

We have had a few young strikers over the years that bang in the goals at youth level such as Hardie but the exciting thing is he seems to have a very good overall game he can link the play and hold the ball up well. That is essential in a modern striker with very few teams playing two central strikers.

Very exciting prospect.

If he is that good that bids are coming in for him from the big clubs while he is still a youth player then we should be asking for serious money. Look at the bids the bundesliga clubs are making for youth players in the EPL untested at senior level.

We need to get him on a new long term deal after this, only 2 years left after this & premiership teams bound to be sniffing about now. Constant menace to the Roma defence
not sure you are allowed to give them long contracts at this age. Jim McLean used to force his young players to link silly contracts

Said to my son watching the game that he is a prospect and could be shouting for a 1st team start very soon

Looks some prospect. I genuinely believe we have at the very least 5 youth players who could make the 1st team in a few years. The future is looking very bright.

Back