Neil Banfield new assistant manager of Stevenage

Bit of a weird one.

He was meant to be very highly rated at Arsenal and can’t have been a mug to have survived so long under Wenger.

Imagine having to run through a wall for Rangers then you look at the dugout and there’s this old guy with a Castore skip hat looking back at you.

Yes I’m being a bit daft but my god such an uninspiring guy
Certainly an odd looking guy.

speedball-bennyhill-police.gif

He was given an opportunity all of us would give a right arm for. He came across like he was helping manage an amateur team.

They say dress to for the job you want. He dressed like it was an easy jet departure lounge.

I don’t blame him at all but shows you the level of management we were at.

Scandalous it was allowed to happen but it led us to the real deal in Clement.

Always looked like he had come straight from sitting outside the Dog n Duck in Benidorm having a few beers.

Funniest thing about this is that the current Stevenage manager would win a Neil Banfield look-a-like contest. Both look like a council estate boozer on a Monday afternoon

He was over the hill when he arrived here for sure but at least he had Arsenal on his CV for a decent spell.

What did Matthews and the Watling guy do to merit a job at Ibrox? One of them was coaching college level soccer in USA.

As funny as this is, the joke's on us for appointing this clown.

The board have to take responsibility for failing to scrutinise appointments properly, including Beale.

Back