Neil McCann

I'm just pointing out the level of vitriol i've seen directed at players by supporters on here does not seem to correlate with the same people also wanting an ex-player tarred, feathered and shot out of a cannon for comments during a match.

Why was he annoyed? No idea, but does it undo all the positive stuff he's said over many years of talking about Rangers on the TV and radio?

We're now at the point where any comment in the media which isnt 100% positive in favour of us is treated like an attack.

For the record i think he (McCann) was totally out of order but it didn't upset me particularly.
We have enough enemies in the media without our own ex players sticking the boot in too. I don't want to see them defend the indefensible but he went over the score.

What McCann did was out of order for relatively tame actions from Alfie but you have to differentiate that from fans having a moan in the pub, online or at the game, from somebody who is paid to offer an opinion on football on Radio and TV. There's a line you don't cross and he did. If he'd made the comment in the heat of the moment and then thought, ok I've overstepped the mark, then fine. It's the fact that in the postmatch discussion he basically doubled down on what he said. That's why theres been such a reaction to it.

You'd never see or hear any of the ex tim players say anything like that about any of their players, full stop. Never mind live on Radio. This is no different to Sutton making the 'Buffalo Brains' comment on BT Sport. It's unprofessional, because he crossed that line into personal insults.

Why is he being employed by RTV then? Surely there must be decent pundit who is also a Rangers supporter out there who could do the gig just as well.
In saying that it seems a few ex players who supposedly support us are worse than McCann when it comes to their media reports.
You don't need to be a rangers fan to work on RTV (but it helps), you do though at the very least need to be impartial and respectful towards our club and players.

If he thinks it’s acceptable to go onto a platform like BBC Scotland which hates our club and calls one of our players an “idiot” joining in with the bias then how can’t I conclude that he too, hates our club?
I don’t have the energy to even reply. Have a nice day.

I have always liked listening to NM on rangers tv is it possible he could be thinking calling Alfredo a idiot that under some referees would book him, like the Motherwell game in the past, but agree he always celebrates his goal like that.

I have always liked listening to NM on rangers tv is it possible he could be thinking calling Alfredo a idiot that under some referees would book him, like the Motherwell game in the past, but agree he always celebrates his goal like that.

nope........ if you listen to it when he says " he's off again what an idiot " its not the first time he's thought said this only the 1st time on air in such a fashion

Yes he did.

People also forget that Neil McCann was a fiesty wee bastard as a player back in the day, it's one of the reasons we loved him as a player, used to get himself wound up at the special treatment he got on the pitch from opposition players. He we would give a bit back. The difference between him and Alfredo's behaviour on that front is minimal. Only there was no orchestrated media campaign painting him out to be a villain and he was never sent off or booked purely on reputation alone.

His beef with Alfredo appears to be quite personal, apparently Morelos blanked the RTV team a while back, didn't give an interview and that's gotten Neil's back up. He's been snide about Alfie ever since. His comments weren't professional and he made up an imaginary potential riot to justify his harsh choice of words.
Thanks for that info ronadamus has this been made public? or even put up on this Forum,would certainly explain everything Neil McCann has done!As much as alfie can be his own worst enemy,the hypocrisy from him concerning alfie after joining in the huddle that day(nice as it was)compared to Alfie's celebration, that huddle could have started a riot,just to think TLB spat on our scarf and thumbheid gobbing on our corner flag ,Sheep displaying a sheet telling Alfie his mother was a whore etc etc etc he certainly is referred and treated differently in this wee cesspit country of ours,and nothing done from Gov,police msm about the 3 incidents I've mentioned ,cheers Bud I tthought McCann was a brilliant signing for us,but he has obviously taken the hump after being spurned,that's showbusiness I should no!

nope........ if you listen to it when he says " he's off again what an idiot " its not the first time he's thought said this only the 1st time on air in such a fashion
Fair enough I personally do not watch bbc so never heard what context it came out, as have only red what was said, it does not matter what he will say as he will still get his place on RTV, even Rae gets his place on RTV sometimes which I personally think he should be nowhere near, taking their pieces of silver to keep their paymaster happy even if it means bad mouthing their own team

My only opinion on it, is he said something I would expect Sutton or Hartson to come away with. 2 Rangers haters.
However, he is employed in an organisation whose rule number one is hate for all things Rangers. So not surprised it's either seeped into him, in or he's toeing the party/wages line.

I’m so glad Michael Beale called out that wee p*ick McCann for his utter drivel that he spewed out over Morelos’s goal celebration at Tynecastle the other night. Are our players not allowed to celebrate on the f*cking pitch after scoring a f*cking goal or are they supposed to look f*cking glum as in a Monty Python sketch. I’ve no doubt all the anti-Rangers media including some of our ex-players in our bitter wee country have a f*cking slide rule that only applies to our club when calculating the level of celebration we’re allowed.

When you are called out by the likes of Sutton then it’s game over.Oh dear Neil what have you done.

I’m sure the likes of father Clancy will have taken notice of the comments by McCann and D Ferguson, and will be primed to yank out a card the next time Alfie celebrates.

It shows how much an arse McCann has made of himself when Sutton and Robbie Neilson are defending Alfie.

It’s the tone as much as what he says for me, pure vitriol, anger and almost hatred in his voice.

To be fair, after the game he said maybe he shouldn’t have said it, but Willie Miller (I think) jumped straight in and said no he was right to say it, he is an idiot etc and it was moved on quickly before McCann could fully backtrack

I’m sure the likes of father Clancy will have taken notice of the comments by McCann and D Ferguson, and will be primed to yank out a card the next time Alfie celebrates.
^^^this^^^

and i think McCann will say " if he learns i'll have done him a favour "

Back