Netherlands Vs Scotland. Match Thread

As much as Souttar is 10x the player the thug Porteous even dreams of being, I’m glad he’s on the bench. Wrap him in cotton wool.

That said, a strong Scotland line-up and good to see Shankland starting.

Would like to see Ferguson get more minutes instead of his usual cameo.

Tough opponents tonight, hopefully we make a good account of ourselves.

As much as Souttar is 10x the player the thug Porteous even dreams of being, I’m glad he’s on the bench. Wrap him in cotton wool.

That said, a strong Scotland line-up and good to see Shankland starting.

Would like to see Ferguson get more minutes instead of his usual cameo.

Tough opponents tonight, hopefully we make a good account of ourselves.
He'll play in the Northern Ireland game.

No Souttar

Please refrain from posting if you don't follow Scotland. Let's do without the sniping or disparaging remarks

Why are folk not allowed to comment? Plenty have a lot of disparaging remarks to make when England are playing. Especially the wee easily hurt tartan army followers on here on an England thread but wet their wee kilt when someone comments on a Scotland thread. It’s only a game ffs.

Why are folk not allowed to comment? Plenty have a lot of disparaging remarks to make when England are playing. Especially the wee easily hurt tartan army followers on here on an England thread but wet their wee kilt when someone comments on a Scotland thread. It’s only a game ffs.
You have misunderstood. Comment all you want. That was a request to those who do not follow Scotland

Start your own thread then and leave this one to those of us that back the national team.

He'll play in the Northern Ireland game.
Which will have no bearing on what happens in the summer ie playing against better teams in which we won't dominate the ball ..... surely if Clarke wanted to see how Ferguson performs in such an environment he should be playing tonight from the start

The player Ferguson would be competing with is really Christie and as much as I don't rate him he has actually been playing pretty well.
Clarke has proven over the past few years that he'll stick by the ones who've done well for him if nothing else. He's realistically fighting for a place alongside McGinn, McTominay, Gilmour and McGregor, three of whom are playing at a higher level.

Because it's boring and it'd be a better thread if those Scotland fans managed to do that too.

It'll be good to see how effective or ineffective Shankland is up against a higher class of defender here.

Netherlands: Flekken, Frimpong, Geertruida, Van Dijk, Ake, Wijnaldum, Wieffer, Reijnders, Simons, Gakpo, Depay.
Substitutes: Verbruggen, Bizot, De Ligt, Schouten, Weghorst, Timber, De Roon, Veerman, Blind, Malen, Koopmeiners, Dumfries.

Netherlands: Flekken, Frimpong, Geertruida, Van Dijk, Ake, Wijnaldum, Wieffer, Reijnders, Simons, Gakpo, Depay.
Substitutes: Verbruggen, Bizot, De Ligt, Schouten, Weghorst, Timber, De Roon, Veerman, Blind, Malen, Koopmeiners, Dumfries.
No standout superstars there beyond Van Dijk at a very generous push but quite a decent side from back to front. Owing to that and it being a friendly, I think I'll go for over 3.5 goals.

Interested to see Shanks play in a good team. I'd still be open to getting Shanks in as a second or third option striker.

No Souttar

Please refrain from posting if you don't follow Scotland. Let's do without the sniping or disparaging remarks
Have you seen a Rangers match thread?

They're full of sniping and disparaging remarks.

Non Rangers and non Scotland threads are also a free for all to post and castigate, yet Scotland threads are to have immunity?

That's not how football forums work, mate.

P.S. I'll abide by your wishes.

Also wit was Clarke's big surprise was it playing Shankland. Is that as exciting as he gets, playing the only striker who's scored this year?

Clarke us an absolute clown ... no souttar.. no ferguson.. yet he picks Tierney and porteous.. one can't get a game at sociedad and the other is absolutely shit ... also ferguson us a better player right now than mcgregor amd Christie

Must be a while since the last time there was no current mentally challenged team players in the starting 11. I know there is plenty ex.

Never like that wee d1ck Tierney being shoehorned in at the back. Glad souttar isn't playing though tbh, less games the better before coming back to us

Loyalty to international players should stop at being selected for the squad. If you want to do as well as you can in any tournament it has to be form players that are selected for each match, not those who did something for you 3-6 months ago.

I quite like the National team, and in terms of that comment I don't really care personally, it's kind of the thing in general when people comment on threads about Scotland saying they don't support them , it's completely wasted air and effort aimed at generally an audience of 1.
Ally McCoist and Graeme Souness support Scotland, and Walter used to manage the national team.

That's good enough for me.

No time for the plastic Nigels on one side or the Rangers hating Hamishes on the other.

I support Scotland.

Back