Podcast New Heart and Hand now out - Wind Out The Sails

After a bad defeat I rely on the next H&H to give me a bit of comfort with a touch of positivity.

No quantum of solace to be found at all this time and who can blame any of the podders (it was frightening how bad that Rugby Park performance was).

For the handbrake to come off the players to allow them to up the tempo with swift passing, unafraid of risk and be braver on the ball it requires something first. The manager himself needs to be braver. If he can't be against the jobbers of the SPFL there really is no hope for him.

He must know that himself so a huge improvement in quick-time isn't yet out of the question. We quite simply need that improvement delivered.

Let's start the upward curve on Wednesday.

The guys are spot with their comments regarding building up the opposition before we play them. Making out Rugby Park & Pittodrie are like away trips to Bosnia & Turkey. Plastic pitch or not you get the job done by any means necessary - it doesn't have to be pretty. We get in our own heads far too much.
100% agree that the 'Real' Rangers are not back yet as we are still don't have that mentality that we fear nobody.

The excuse for dropping Cantwell just doesn't wash,as we play these kind of teams week in week out.Cantwell needs put back in asap.

Good questions over Cantwell I thought.

If Killie away doesn’t suit him, 90% of away games won’t suit him.

The problem for Beale is that we all have eyes and we all know that’s an absolute crock of shit.

Great therapy session earlier. Found myself agreeing with pretty much everything said.

Hope to be tuning into happier podders tomorrow night!

Listening again to the podcast.
And it got more angrier than ever.

Seriously it was Kilmarnock we played on Saturday. Not Real fkucen Madrid!
It was Derek McInnes team we faced. Not Carlo Ancellotti's.
We should have absolutely have no fears going to any ground in Scotland.This season.
with the right coach/manager.And attitude.
None.
If the manager or any of our players do, then they don't deserve to be at the club for me.
Simple.

We had so many players, and coaching staff that I guarantee had intrepidation playing that game on Saturday.Do you think Walter, or the Wee General would have had this?
I am going to say it again. Tavernier, Goldson, Bararsic, Jack, Souttar, Lundstram, all went on that pitch fearing the worst.And got what they deserved!

No belief that they would turn over Killie on such a shitty surface.
So scared they'd screw up on the first day.And boy did they ever!
And threw the new guys all under the bus in the process.

What should have been a routine game, where the older heads helped the newer guys through their first 'bread and butter' game, turned out to be the exact opposite.

Even players like Nico Raskin had a look of dsimay on his face, pretty much the whole game.At what he was witnessing from his own side.
They the older players, are all, in my opinion, SPFL battle scarred!
And I include our manager in that statement.All have had too many defeats in the past, and Saturday was just another one added to the list.

Not one of them had the bottle to show any fight or desire, including Beale, especially after Killie scored, to get their heads out their arses, and get back in the game.
All just crawled into their shell, and accepted defeat as per usual.
A sight we Rangers fans are so... tired of seeing.Season after season.

I bet, that if we had, had, 11 debutants for that game on Saturday, with a different manager, we would won easily!

Players like Butland, Raskin, Cantwell, Danillo, Lammers, Sterling, Cifuentes, etc...would have just got on with it! And had no fears. Plastic pitch or no plastic pitch.

I can just imagine a conversation with say our 9-I-A-R squad preparing for the new season, back in the day.

"Hey gaffer who we are we playing first?"
"Killie. Away."
"Ah but gaffer they now have a plastic pitch?"
"Aye. So what's your point?"
Listen son. If you can't play on a plastic pitch or any pitch for that matter, and beat a team like Killie, you don't deserve to win the league, or belong in my side"

That squad would piss themselves thinking that they were supposed to fear going to play Killie away.
Talk about mind games!

McInnes did a number on Beale on Saturday. Just like Ange used to do. Which, is very worrying going forward.
Let's hope for all our sakes, tomorrow night, the Servette coach is not of the standing of Derek McInnes!

Good pod tbh (as it agrees with my view haha), in seriousness the worry is not necessarily the game for me, more that it seems to be the ‘normal’

It’s normal to be slow and tepid

It’s normal to pass backwards and throw in backwards (defo we ever go fucking forwards on a throw in their half?)

It’s normal to get a midfielder to split the centre half’s (why the %^*& for but it seems to be a sexy thing to do, but to what end)

It’s normal to not play fast risky passes (Kent v them last year)

It’s normal to go behind and then float balls in high to 6ft plus monsters who would heeder their granny into next week

It’s normal to try and play one way and not mix it up

It’s normal for lots of fans to see this but managers persevere

Sadly, it’s normal for managers to lose their job if they keeping doing what they’ve always done.

If @David Edgar would ask me to pick the questions to ask Beale, if would be;

Are your tactics and constant in game formation changes confusing our players as opposed to the opposition?

You said you’d take the handbrake off - When is that happening?

Gio got to October playing boring tepid football, why is the product on the park the same?
I choose not to want normal

Back