New player suggestions?

cav

As mentioned, are there any players you think we should target for next season given what seems an inevitable exodus to at least some degree?
Looking for some glimpse of positivity after the last month.

I appreciate threads like this aren't everyone's cup of tea and if that's the case, feel free to avoid but please be polite. We're all still bears after all.

Heart
Desire
Promise
Sell on ability

That is the very minimum requirements we need from every signing

“Being a Rangers man” or someone who “gets it” should be nowhere near a list or requirements as this thread will no doubt turn into people saying we should sign Oli McBurnie etc

Give me a play who is good enough over someone who supports the club every single time.

As above until we know who we can actually get rid of it's a difficult question to answer. Everybody seems to think all the players will just head off to other teams but who would want them?

Absolutely fine by me tbh

If they are good enough then that is all that matters.

The days of us having a household name are well and truly gone and will almost certainly never return

Exactly.
As long as they have the right attitude and can play a bit.

Good thing about FF is there's usually a poster or two so into their football they can fill in the blanks for me!

The biggest problem we face is getting rid of the fucking losers that are here
I probably should have listed some going and possibly likely to go :

OOC - McLaughlin, K Wright, Balogun, Barisic, Jack, Lundstram, Roofe, Lovelace.

Players on loan and currently not in picture - Lammers, Hagi, Devine, Lowry.
( Included Lowry as Hertz returned him and gaffer said he wanted him out on loan)

Edit - Silva, Cortes and Sima will depart unless deals can be done for the latter two.

That's before we try to offload any currently in contract.

I probably should have listed some going and possibly likely to go :

OOC - McLaughlin, K Wright, Balogun, Barisic, Jack, Lundstram, Roofe, Lovelace.

Players on loan and currently not in picture - Lammers, Hagi, Devine, Lowry.
( Included Lowry as Hertz returned him and gaffer said he wanted him out on loan)

That's before we try to offload any currently in contract.
Massive work needing done it’s worrying

Going to Italy by the sounds of it
Will be a big mistake if we don't even try and get him. I have no problem signing players from abroad but if we want instant success a few players already in Scotland and that understand the league would make a big difference.

I don't think the fanbase will have the patience if we go on another spending spree in Europe and then hear excuses about guys needing months to settle and adapt to the game up here.

Starting sterling in cm is like a new signing

Ben Johnson rb. West Ham (wages might be issue)
Piotrowski Dm. Ludogarets
Biereth st. Arsenal on loan at strum graz

Would love greaves from hull but the fee might be too much for us.

hopefully there’s some hidden gems and koppen can work some magic

If mcburnies wages are reasonable I’d defo take a chance on him, he’s a different option for us

I think he's good, but Aberdoom will want a record fee that would make him imo, financially unfeasible.

Personally if we can raise enough money for a big signing outlay, I'd rather spend it on Sima.
If we get our money back for Lammers and sell the likes of Hagi and a few others I think we wouldn't be far away.

Reactions: cav

You will need to filter out the unrealistic options but there are a lot of decent players on paper we should be able to afford.

Octavian Popescu and Igor Miladinovic are both good players who i feel would improve us.

A lot of players on there i'm not super familar with but no doubt have potential.

A quick look on transfrmarkt is showing the likes of De Wit at AZ, Skov at Hoffenheim ( NOT Skov Olsen ), and Sissoko at Strasbourg all OOC this summer unless they've not updated their website yet.

De Wit has been in good form for AZ, and Skov is always usually a solid player albeit Hoffenheim have been fairly poor this season in comparison to previous.

Don't watch much French games these days, just remember Sissoko being talked about a few seasons ago and wondered if he's still decent?

Young, fresh, exciting with a bit of skill and flair for a start. Get away from the same type we have been buying for years now.

I think he's good, but Aberdoom will want a record fee that would make him imo, financially unfeasible.

Personally if we can raise enough money for a big signing outlay, I'd rather spend it on Sima.
Aberdeen have every right to demand a big fee it's up to us to decide if we believe we're getting value for money however we know he won't need time to settle and we know he can score goals in this league.

You will need to filter out the unrealistic options but there are a lot of decent players on paper we should be able to afford.

Octavian Popescu and Igor Miladinovic are both good players who i feel would improve us.

A lot of players on there i'm not super familar with but no doubt have potential.
Juan Miranda and Christian Kouame would both be good signings.

The reality is we are going to need to bring in players who contract is expiring and a couple of loans which are hopefully with option to buy.

I don’t really know to much about other leagues but I hope we can find some gems even though it is hard to do so.

Just from our league alone I hope we look at a few.

Barron
Watson
Theo Bair (Shouldn’t be that expensive would be a good back up)
Miovski (If the fee is right)

Last edited:
Don't know why, but I'm always nervous about Spanish players coming and settling.
Cuellar aside not sure we've had many successes?

What's Kouame like?
Kouame is a big powerful player can play of the left and through the middle. He has always looked good when I've watched him for Fiorentina.

We were reportedly interested previously.

Heart
Desire
Promise
Sell on ability

That is the very minimum requirements we need from every signing

“Being a Rangers man” or someone who “gets it” should be nowhere near a list or requirements as this thread will no doubt turn into people saying we should sign Oli McBurnie etc

Give me a play who is good enough over someone who supports the club every single time.
Is this not the attitude that has us in 2nd place though ?

The idea sounds great, buy young foreign guys with promise from small clubs and turn them into superstars, collect EPL millions.... I like both and hope they are fit for the final but we are still waiting on Raskin and Yilmaz hitting a consistant run of form never mind any talk of making £££.

I very much doubt anyone would say no to signing quality that supports the club like Shankland. The manager will have to start fast next season i think he needs some players that can be trusted in this league and will slot in right away.

The reality is we are going to need to bring in players who contract is expiring and a couple of loans which are hopefully with option to buy.

I don’t really know to much about other leagues but I hope we can find some gems even though it is hard to do so.

Just from our league alone I hope we look at a few.

Barron
Watson
Theo Bair (Shouldn’t be that expensive would be a good back up)
Miovski (If the fee is right)
I'd add Gogic to that as he's a tough uncompromising defender which is something we've been missing for some time. I don't think he'd be particularly expensive either.

Yes, we wont buy both. One will be a push, and i hope that's big Abdallah.

Cortes, after this injury, i'm not sure. I like his potential & his desire to get shots on goal, but only if we are confident the injury isn't a long term risk. I'd try for a season long LTB option here.

Hopefully Cordoba & Jefte join. Both good ages & have pace too.

I think we will have a big focus on OOC players & expect at least 2 or 3. Hopefully young athletes with strength & pace but also a Calvin Bassey type mindset. ie a winner. I'd be surprised if we dont get an english premiership guy or two who is/are falling a bit short for that level ?

The only guy in Scotland i'd look at is Lennon Miller.

Miovski is too expensive, if we want Sima, but i expect Clement to buy an athletic & quick striker.

Don't know if they would be good enough but we've been down the Championship route, we've signed plenty from abroad that haven't worked. Looking at Scotland would Barron and Armstrong be good enough squad players. We are going to need a host of players from players that improve the team to squad players that contribute when called upon.

Barron out of contract and seems to do well when given a run of games.

Danny Armstrong has been mentioned on here countless times. Entering his final year and in January there were rumours of Kilmarnock willing to accept £600k for him. I'm sure he was linked with the MLS.

Jefte and Cordoba have been mentioned (£400k and £2m - £3m respectively).

There are 4 players for a combined total of circa £4m. You'd be looking for a sale of Ridvan/Hagi/Lammers to cover those costs.

There are obviously plenty other bosman's out there and deals to be had. Wonder how much someone like Gazibegovic (Sturm Graz) or Ljubicic (LASK) would cost?

Erhahon at Lincoln City. Was decent at St. Mirren and has been getting good reviews at Lincoln this season. Likely to move on with a fee rumoured to be around £750k - slightly more than their all time record of £640k

I'd add Gogic to that as he's a tough uncompromising defender which is something we've been missing for some time. I don't think he'd be particularly expensive either.

He’s just signed a new deal.

Back